Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Counter Strike: GO - A tiny review

The game is more than worth $15 for the content it gives you. More full than many full retail multiplayer games.

I was a little worried about the keyboard/mouse compatibility but don't worry, its implementation is $#@! and you'll be back on the controller in no time kicking arse.

I love that they give you PC-style options where you can change plenty of things in the game...one important one is the custom button layout. Don't know why this is always ignored.

Move implementation is more $#@! than the kb/m.

Even with the 5v5 limitation, it's still very very fun and better than most shooters out there if you're into tactical shooters (with no respawns but it does have a respawn game mode).

I really hope Sony takes notes and releases SOCOM 1 or 2 as a cheap PSN title like this with updated graphics. As of right now, this is the closest things to SOCOM there is...it's amazing how much inspiration SOCOM drew from CS...mind-boggling. SOCOM 3/Conf's gun mechanics are almost replicant to this and SOCOM 1 and 2 seem a little more casual but still very similar.

Go out there and buy it. Enough said.

P.S. no server list or custom rooms yet :/
    Last edited by Omar; 09-26-2012 at 17:18.

Soldier 95B
    Thanks for the mini-review. I tried the demo, and the strafing is something I can't get used to

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Is crosshair one of the things that can be changed?

Its still not released in Europe yet.

I heard alot of complaints about the mouse having input lag on PS3.

Here is the official CS:GO console forum if oyu wanna pick up info and stuff.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...lay.php?f=1519
    Last edited by keefy; 09-26-2012 at 17:09.

Forum Overseer

Soldier,

Do you generally dislike strafing? Or do you feel that the strafing is too fast in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Is crosshair one of the things that can be changed?

Its still not released in Europe yet.

I heard alot of complaints about the mouse having input lag on PS3.
    You can't change the crosshair (which I remember you could on PC) but you can change the color...(light blue, blue, yellow, green).

Also, sometimes the options don't get saved, not sure why...some options do save, some don't. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Yes, there is a LOT of input lag when it comes to implementation of mouse. To the point where I see the controller having a clear advantage in some things but a good kb/mouse player can still dominate.

I wish they had just dropped the support (so it's even)...at this point, I find the 360 version more attractive.

Soldier 95B
    I think it is because of my lack of experience with strafing.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Supreme Veteran
    You never use strafe in COD?

I dont understand what you mean exactly.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I think it is because of my lack of experience with strafing.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    That's the beauty of CS. You don't have to strafe if you don't want to. A good amount of players on it have a non-strafing play-style, where you generally crouch and follow the enemy with your line of fire.

Honestly I feel like there's a lot less strafing in COD because of the inclusion of iron sights (and how they're way more accurate than hip fire).

This is another reason I felt like SOCOM seems a lot similar to CS because they both sport a very good amount of strafing. Though strafing, running, crouching is more balanced in CS than SOCOM. Zipper tried to balance that in later installments but were still not spot on like CS is.

Soldier 95B
    Not like this game. In this game it feels intentional.

The movement of the character and the strafing the character does. It is fast and feels awkward. But this is what Counterstrike is known for.

Elite Sage
    It's all about strafing and changing between ducking and standing quickly. Make yourself as hard as a target to hit as possible! Admittedly, strafing is much easier on a KB when all you have to do is press A or D. Keep at it S95, you'll get it!

Supreme Veteran
    Oh you mean strafe wars, where 2 players try to out aim and outstrafe each other?

Alot of CS is knowing which direction the enemy is coming from then waiting for players to enter your sight.

Last edited by keefy; 09-26-2012 at 18:00.

Superior Member
    Some people have had success with kb/m, you can change the sensitivity, but I found that you'd probably have an easier time just using the controller and I don't think that makes you a bad player by any means.

I'd love another SOCOM, Confrontation was great IMO, although it had its issues.

12. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    SOCOM 4 was my favorite of them all. I want a SOCOM 5!

Well, I will give the demo another whirl and see how it goes.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Some people have had success with kb/m, you can change the sensitivity, but I found that you'd probably have an easier time just using the controller and I don't think that makes you a bad player by any means.

I'd love another SOCOM, Confrontation was great IMO, although it had its issues.
    I had tweaked the options a little and did have somewhat success but there's no perfect point where it will replicate kb/m on a PC game.

Sad and I didn't know it required good coding to be implemented well.

I'm playing far better with the controller, it's annoying that the support is still there for kb/m.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    SOCOM 4 was my favorite of them all. I want a SOCOM 5!

Well, I will give the demo another whirl and see how it goes.
    SOCOM 4 was the only game in the entire series that completely stepped away from the CS formula. So that makes sense why you'd like that game and not CS.

Soldier 95B
    You might have hit the nail on the head Sufi. I think you are on to something there. That does make sense now.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Mmm can't say I've tried it on PS3 since its not out here... But I bought it in PC and it's amazing. I've only racked up 12 hours or so online but it's definitely better than any COD or BF title

Via Tapatalk

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    the crosshair can be dynamic (widens when the trigger is held down) or static...fun game reminds of socom (excluding S4) so much (well thats where zipper got the formula from)...

Thread Information