Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's the end of the world for some people...

This would've been massive news if ME3's 'ending' hadn't left such a sour taste in my mouth.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Soldier 95B
    The game has some of the best graphics and animations this gen. They would have indeed scaled back everything to incorporate such a large galaxy. This is probably my favorite RPG this gen.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Too bad they won't be able to improve the inventory management.
    Having the game pickup every single item for you was nice at first, but got quite annoying towards the end when you had everything quite strong already.
    At the very least, they should add a limit to the number of same items that you carry, and if you pickup any more of the same level items, they will be converted to medigel, or whatever it was called.
    Or better yet, they should make it so that the game picks up only items that are same or better than the ones you already have.
    Items don't include weapons.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    That's really awesome. I was always so confused and wondered why anyone would want to play ME2 on PS3 without playing the first. It's probably the best ME game imo and one of the reasons I own a 360

Via Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Basically.
    That's a design choice. I'm positive no one expects 200 planets to be fully featured, they couuld just keep it one entire planet...which would probably just mean a large city (like you see in sandbox games).

Point is, they could've gone for an open-world if they wanted to. Skyrim did...a lot of RPGs go for that nowadays. It's an exciting way to present a game and usually has better longevity.

It would be tough and would be hard to do cinematics in that situation and the graphics would have be lowered.

But if I cared about graphics that much, I would name UC and Heavy Rain the best games this generation. Note how I'm not doing that.

I want gameplay.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Agreed. I usually attract criticism for saying that ME is a third person shooter with RPG elements, but it actually is true.

There were a total of like 8 skills in the game and every enemy/ally used the same skills.
    ME2 had hundreds of planets and of those, literally 5% were the ones you could land on.
    The places you DID get to go to were corridors and small rooms.
    The 'role playing' aspect comes in with the player choice in story and nothing else
    The animations is easily the worst of any AAA game this gen.
    The load times are outrageous even with the digital versions.

The one thing that I will say in favour for this series is the great lore and universe it presented.
    i'd agree with this. especially the part in bold.

personally, i don't see why people are getting excited. of the trilogy ME1 has the WORST gameplay
    the better premise yes, but its near 20hours of wondering from place to place, seeing an enemy then holding down the fire button until the enemy is dead. i had to turn the difficulty all the way up toward the end. i could fire near endlessly, and my shields were seriously overpowered. (thanks to the ingame armour and weapon mods)

im not hating on it, its just ME2, and certainly 3 play a lot better. going back will not be a seamless transition

at least PS3 owners get to pilot the dreaded Mako prepare to bleed!
    oh, and don't forget those elevators so much free time during a game
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's a design choice. I'm positive no one expects 200 planets to be fully featured, they couuld just keep it one entire planet...which would probably just mean a large city (like you see in sandbox games).

Point is, they could've gone for an open-world if they wanted to. Skyrim did...a lot of RPGs go for that nowadays. It's an exciting way to present a game and usually has better longevity.

It would be tough and would be hard to do cinematics in that situation and the graphics would have be lowered.

But if I cared about graphics that much, I would name UC and Heavy Rain the best games this generation. Note how I'm not doing that.

I want gameplay.
    Having ME take place on 1 planet would have been completely unrealistic.

And I'm not saying we needed 200 worlds, but a significant increase from what we got would have been nice.

At least in ME1 you could actually explore non critical planets, they replaced that with even more boring planet scanning in later games.

Hopefully we can get something like that with another ME game on the next generation of consoles.

Looking at what 343 is doing with H4 on the 360, it seems we could have gotten a bit more out of ME3.

Ancient
    I'm a bit worried, ME2 had improved gunplay?
    Even 3 is terrible I can't imagine what ME1 was like
    Mass Effect tells a great story, and everything is fine except its mechanics

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    Having ME take place on 1 planet would have been completely unrealistic.

And I'm not saying we needed 200 worlds, but a significant increase from what we got would have been nice.

At least in ME1 you could actually explore non critical planets, they replaced that with even more boring planet scanning in later games.

Hopefully we can get something like that with another ME game on the next generation of consoles.

Looking at what 343 is doing with H4 on the 360, it seems we could have gotten a bit more out of ME3.
    Well, of course they'd have to change the storyline to fit the world in.

And having more worlds wouldn't really change my mind. I want it to be less about broken areas than more of it. Those planets are just broken levels...you can call them planets but they're just small areas.

I'd like it to be more like Planet Side 2. Or maybe have a few planets (like 10-20) and be much larger areas to explore, boasting more personality than what I saw in there.

It'd be sorta like villages in FF games...in the end, you want exploration that's worth doing in an RPG game. That's the whole point of it.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I'm a bit worried, ME2 had improved gunplay?
    Even 3 is terrible I can't imagine what ME1 was like
    Mass Effect tells a great story, and everything is fine except its mechanics

Sent via Codec
    Story in ME1 is greater than 2 & 3 combined. also, the ending is EPIC!! from what i can tell, its one of the biggest choices you make throughout all three games.
    Mechanics.... by comparison, ME1 is utter garbage when compared to 3. i fell asleep playing once, its that boring. everything lacks "impact". there is alot of empty space....not as bad as too human, but still empty nonetheless.

i doubt the unreal engine (no matter how modified) could manage anything more than was achieved.
    Unreal Engine is the engine of Satan as far as im concerned
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Story in ME1 is greater than 2 & 3 combined. also, the ending is EPIC!! from what i can tell, its one of the biggest choices you make throughout all three games.
    Mechanics.... by comparison, ME1 is utter garbage when compared to 3. i fell asleep playing once, its that boring. everything lacks "impact". there is alot of empty space....not as bad as too human, but still empty nonetheless.

i doubt the unreal engine (no matter how modified) could manage anything more than was achieved.
    I guess we will see with gears of war Judgement.

And I wasn't just referring to graphics. The game felt a bit short and could have been extended a bit.

Master Guru
    If you're a PS3 only gamer you're in for a treat. The original Mass Effect is one of the greatest RPG experiences ever.

Veteran
    Sony published FF7, didn't they, but Eidos re-published it on the PC... That horrible port that really isn't any better today. I don't see any conflicts here, with MS publishing the first game.

Ancient

Oh god please no lol
    I might get it just to have the trilogy, but everything you described about the first is how I felt about 2 lol

@Bob
    I think FF7 is a different case
    Despite it being FF7 I really don't think it would have made it out Japan without Sony publishing it and there are other things
    Microsofts interest in publishing ME wasn't the same as Sony's with FF7 and I think the exclusivity was a bit stronger
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-27-2012 at 08:44.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    In ME2 I was at least expecting more planets to land on and maybe some really cool space stations well a few more anyway I know its not trying to be Star Trek or Star Wars but they could of added a little more exploration in ME2 I felt a little bit cheated as there didnt seem to be much much more added.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Square/Eidos will have needed permission from Sony for VII since Sony actually translated the game, pretty much the same as FF1, 4 and 6 were done by Nintendo. And the PC version of VII never even released in Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Soldier 95B
    Mechanics.... by comparison, ME1 is utter garbage when compared to 3.
    Yeah, that was the consensus with Mass Effect 3. It completely destroyed Mass Effect 1 in mechanics. I also agree, the story in ME1 was indeed more memorable. It just has that wow factor.

Mass Effect is such a great RPG series overall though. I am still amazed by the animations and graphics when I go back to it. Love the game play, and it always puts a smile on my face when I play it.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yeah, that was the consensus with Mass Effect 3. It completely destroyed Mass Effect 1 in mechanics. I also agree, the story in ME1 was indeed more memorable. It just has that wow factor.

Mass Effect is such a great RPG series overall though. I am still amazed by the animations and graphics when I go back to it. Love the game play, and it always puts a smile on my face when I play it.
    I'll give you graphics but animation? That the one thing that gets me
    With those realistic graphics you have animation is not on par
    cutscenes are great, but the convos was just kinda lacking & soulless, even when emotion was supposed to be displayed, and for some reason.....I don't think I remember any character naturally blinking either
    Uncharted isn't a really realistic looking game, the graphics are realistic but they suppose to have that vivid look to them, but the characters had....character?
    Something you would see in a real human, facial expressions, etc
    We are very animated, Uncharted does displays this greatly
    But Mass Effect don't, it has facial expressions, but they after the "looking into space(pun intended)" look
    And then goes back to it

Sent via Codec

19. Likes neoxthexone likes this post
    Elite Guru
    No doubt ME as a whole is a great scifi universe... and I know the first has a great story because I watched it already on youtube. This is sadly too little too late, I mean maybe if they give you all the DLC and the download version is 15 bucks or less it would be something to consider, but as a playstation 3 owner I had given up the idea of playing the first game when I picked up the second and completely wrote it off by the time the 3rd came out so I just watch it all on youtube or just read the official wiki for the story along with the comic feature in the 2nd game I got all the major elements of the trilogy. Knowing that a great deal of the game play in the first was improved on later made me wonder why I'd even want to waste time playing it.

They're going to have a tough time selling this to people who have already finished 3 on the PS3. It's awesome for the people who havent tried the ME games at all but this feels kinda like a slap in the face to people who already joined the series at the second game because they were all but told they had no choice.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I'll give you graphics but animation? That the one thing that gets me
    With those realistic graphics you have animation is not on par
    cutscenes are great, but the convos was just kinda lacking & soulless, even when emotion was supposed to be displayed, and for some reason.....I don't think I remember any character naturally blinking either
    Uncharted isn't a really realistic looking game, the graphics are realistic but they suppose to have that vivid look to them, but the characters had....character?
    Something you would see in a real human, facial expressions, etc
    We are very animated, Uncharted does displays this greatly
    But Mass Effect don't, it has facial expressions, but they after the "looking into space(pun intended)" look
    And then goes back to it Sent via Codec
    No biggie, we will just agree to disagree.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    ME3 was the best IMO. Expanded on the RPG dialog choices as well which was nice.
    Also the gameplay and overall presentation (as well as setpeices) are WAY better than the previous games.

I bought ME2 and ME1 during a steam sale last year and haven't played them yet (played ME2 on PS3 and loved it). ME1 seems like a good game, but the gameplay is pretty bad, and the presentation isn't nearly as slick (to be expected of course).

It'd be amazing if they had ME1 running on an updated engine with updated shooting mechanics. I will play it of course regardless. I just haven't had much time thanks to college and other games and life in general.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 09-28-2012 at 01:31.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I never played this one but i played 2 and 3.I'm still baffled that it's coming to the ps3. Didn't see it coming but alas i'm happy.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Thread Information