Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first job?

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot

Your first job?

What was your first job like? You can talk about your first ''official'' workplace or a summerjob you did for a couple weeks, whatevs, just share it here!

Well I had a couple workplaces in middle school where I worked for a few weeks due to the fact that our school had this program where we get to see what real work in actual jobs were like, but my first real job was at a component and module factory. I worked there for two summers and the job was very very VERY dull and monotone, but everything was very professionally handled. Usually you hear that young summerworkers get $#@!ty pay with no benefits and such, but over there we got bonuses, the paperwork was handled well, we got to go to meetings where every worker was being heard and we got free cake time to time lol. Overall it was a very positive experience for me and I'm sure that jobs that I'll probably apply to when I'm studying will be much worse.

Learn to do signatures here

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Very first job I had was delivering newspaper. I remember just chucking that paper not caring where it landed and some giant ass dog chased me luckily I was on my bike. This was back around my second year in middle school when I gave no $#@!s.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

3. Likes imINxile likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Laundry man at my uncle's laundry
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Apprentice electrician
    Involved alot of sweeping up, getting the lunches, making brews of tea.
    All for £1.67 per hour. Below minimum wage but was tax free.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-27-2012 at 00:37.

Elite Sage
    Bagged grocery for 5 hours. Decided it sucked and left.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I worked at a umbrella factory and of course we specialized in making umbrellas, framing, and shipping them. I first started in the framing department and it was aggravating. I thought all the umbrellas were easy because i was doing them with ease. I soon found out that there are umbrellas that are really big and at work, the people, they called it the shoulder buster. When i finally started getting these i slowed down a lot. I had to use my both hands to pick it up but i had to use one hand to lift the umbrella up, which was my right hand. I soon figured out that my left hand was super weak opposed to my right hand due to my right hand being the one i use all the time. Anyways, they moved to the shipping department which we cut the fabric and box it and someone shipped it out. I like this part better because i had someone to hang out with my age.That was my first job.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Rebuilding\Helping Japan after the tsunami last year. I didn't get paid for it but I consider it my first real job because everything prior to that was even less paid (as in no good-feeling even).

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    My first job, outside of mowing grass, was with a disabled lady that put together circuits for a company. It was like putting together a puzzle and she would solder them together. The first job outside of someone's home was working at a crazy place in the mall called Spencer's Gifts.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    I also delivered newspapers for my first job. Over 200 houses actually. Had to get up at 3:30 in the am just to get it done and at school on time. Living in Wisconsin it kinda sucked ass. Try riding through a snowstorm on a bike with 50 lbs of papers wrapped around your chest. Not fun. But with a Walkman and a couple tokes made it tolerable.

Unbound Mercenary
    I cut grass from dusk till dawn in my uncle's lawn maintenance business.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    first job sacking groceries. it was easy plus i always helped people out to their car so i usually made bank on tips.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AcesHigh291
    I'm still on my first job, I'm a cashier at the dying brand of K-Mart. Yeah, they still exist.

For the most part, it's pretty terrible. People are rude, managers have no clue what's going on, plus they try to rule with an iron first (at least at my store). Also, minimum wage is terrible.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Fashion Bug for two years. My cousin said they needed someone to help with the stock. Little did she know I was helping some of my co-workers too! Man I miss being 17, haha.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

El Presidente
    First job was at an amusement park. I was stuck making food for people. You would think that people there would be in good moods right? Wrong. Many people were rude and obnoxious. I hated the the customers there and was so glad when the summer was over and the park closed for the winter.

I did work will some really funny and cool people which made things tolerable. Most of the managers liked me too so that was a good thing.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    At 17 I started at a rubber factory straight out of high school, still there... I'll be 30 next week.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    My dads a mechanic and has his own business, my first job i got payed for unused to go and clean his shelves and sweep the floor and do odd bits and pieces for a half day, never very fun but I bought a game or two from it

My first actual job I was 16 and it was at Oporto (not a very known burger place outside of Australia) and yeah, worked out the back flipping burgers making food. Good stuff I worked there for 3 years and still eat the food fairy regularly

Via Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by newf_52 View Post
    At 17 I started at a rubber factory straight out of high school, still there... I'll be 30 next week.
    I would like to say... Thank you. Because without you, I would have a million kids.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

19. Likes mickice, Morganator, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Does co-op? Anyway, my very first job was when I was 17. We all had to do this mandatory co-op course where you do a few hundred hours before school is finished. I worked at Blockbuster Video, a few years before it went out of business, as we now know. It was a great job. The benefits were awesome. You get 10 free movies per week. I must have watched hundreds while I was there.

My boss was really cool too. I had fun there. About a few weeks in, he has to move to a new location and a replacement manager comes in. Worst $#@!ing job ever. The new boss was a power-hungry $#@! who took the role to her head a bit too much. There were actual employees that quit because of her and I couldn't quit because I would not get my credits to graduate from my last year of high school. So I had to endure a few months of bull$#@!.

This $#@! didn't know what she was doing, but she was a real pro at giving orders and being a $#@! all the time. People complained but she wasn't replaced. She got a few bad looks from the district managers, but that's about it. Nothing else. I literally had to rent movies more often to take my mind off the fact that the next day, I would have to come in and deal with her again.

But at the same time, because of this experience, I got into film. I wouldn't be here today if that wasn't a product of where I am now. And it turns out I'm not the only person to be into film because of working in a video store. Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino also worked in video stores before becoming film makers. So, despite the power-hungry $#@! that was there, I owe it to working there for my current situation.

21. Likes mickice likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    At 19, I worked at a family members kitchen & laundry appliance store, there I did a little bit of everything from ordering parts, learning how the machines worked to doing sales.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Meant to edit but double posted... please delete.
    Last edited by Shibby; 09-27-2012 at 07:15.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Summer after PS3 was released, worked as a busboy to save up money to buy one lol.

Forum Sage

Worked at a pizza joint at the age of 17 as a dishwasher. Did it for two years before I quit. Job was okay.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    First job was At McDonalds I was loving it lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    First job was At McDonalds I was loving it lmao
    I would love to have it my way instead!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Dave
    Hollywood Video -- free movie/game rentals, drinks, and little-to-no work.

Thread Information