Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Resident Evil 2 Remake Possible!

This would be a dream come true if handled correctly! Make it happen!

Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi says Capcom not working on remake of 1998 action game currently, but if fans call for it, project may be considered; PC version announcements coming soon.
    Capcom's 1998 survival horror game Resident Evil 2 could have new life some day. Speaking to GameSpot today as part of a video question-and-answer session, Capcom producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi confirmed the studio is not working on a remake at the moment, but the door is open in the future.

"Just to lay all the cards on the table, that way there's no rumor-mongering or things like that, no, we are not working on a Resident Evil 2 remake as of now," Hirabayashi said. "But if the fans really clamor for it; if there's a groundswell of support for remaking that game, then I think that's something Capcom would take under consideration."
    Resident Evil 6 is the next entry in the series, and is due out for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 2, well ahead of its originally planned November 20 launch. A Wii U version is not in the works, and development on the PC version only just began.

Speaking to this, Hirabayashi said gamers can expect additional news regarding the PC version of Resident Evil 6 in near future, but not until the console versions ship next week. No further information was divulged.
    http://au.gamespot.com/news/resident...upport-6397240

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    RE2 given the RE4,5,6 gangbang treatment? I'd rather they left it as it is. If they did it like RE GC styles, then I'm all for it.

3. Likes Two4DaMoney , Kuro likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Agreed ghost! On another note I still have yet to beat 2. Still in the police department.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Been ripping through Resi 2 on the vita and would luv some kind of a HD remake. Gameplay mechanics etc can stay as they are.... please don't touch them

I thought resident evil 1 & 2 would have jumped on the HD collection band wagon long ago. Hope it happens.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    If they touch up on the controls a bit I'd be happy with that.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    RE2 given the RE4,5,6 gangbang treatment? I'd rather they left it as it is. If they did it like RE GC styles, then I'm all for it.
    Exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Terrible, terrible, terrible idea. Resident Evil 2 is to this day my favorite video game, bar none, and the last thing I want to see is for it to be given the Capcom patented "Gears of War" makeover. The ONLY acceptable option for remaking RE2 would be something like the Gamecube Resident Evils, but that is not gonna happen. RE Survivor or RE Outbreak are more suitable remake targets for Capcom's current attitude towards survival horror.

Shut up and play games

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    If they touch up on the controls a bit I'd be happy with that.
    All they really need to do to the old-school tank controls is add the 180 quick-turn feature that later surfaced in RE3 ...

Keep with the pre-rendered backgrounds too and I'm pretty confident that a proper remake could be one of the most beautiful games to grace the PS3.

Redeem yourselves Crapcom!

Master Guru
    Forget a Final Fantasy VII remake.

A Resident Evil 2 remake done right? Now that would be the real deal.

The original RE remake on the Gamecube was pure awesomeness. Make this second remake happen Capcom!

Superior Member
    I've adapted to the new TPS style of RE over the years, but if they did make the game similar to how they handled REmake, that would be fantastic.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    I really hope this is true. I would love to see a true-blue remake that is similar to the Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube. I have so many fond memories with Resident Evil 2.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    I think I am in the minority that would love to see RE2 get remade into how RE4/5/6 are. I loved the stories for 1/2/3 over the newer games, but I like the gameplay infinitely better in the newer games than the original trilogy. Once the initial scare factor got taken out, the gameplay was just boring.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Martijn_
    oh come on Capcom. Fans have been begging for a remake of 2 since the first screen of the GC remake. You already know every fan wants it. I was even one of the fans that said: screw 1 make 2 instead. I'm a fan from day one and would love to finally see my favourite of the franchise remade with todays technology.

I won't be suprised if they are actually already making this. RE 6 was in production without anyone knowing it. Capcom isn't the kind of company that starts hyping these sort of things without already working on it (they are not Square-enix yet).

It's a great way to please both kind of RE fans. Remake the old for the past fans. Make the new for the more action style fans. If they use the new gameplay style for the remake they should stick with the Leon campaign kind and make it more survival, although if i were Capcom I would go for the old style, cheaper and faster to make, plus it would look so much better in the end.
    Games playing online PS4: FIFA 14, Call of Duty Ghost, The Last of Us remastered.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I would literally pooh myself if Capcam remade RE2. Easily my favorite of the series.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I wouldn't trust modern-day Capcom to do it correctly.

But "if fans call for it"? Well they're gonna call for it, so they've probably already been working on it.

Power Member
    If they kept EVERYTHING the same, simply gave it next gen graphics, then bring it on. Otherwise, don't touch it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Stumbled across this editorial on the Resident Evil 2 remake rumor. I pretty much agree with everything this guy says.

Five Things I Want In A Resident Evil 2 Remake
    by Tim Turi on October 05, 2012 at 04:40 PM

Capcom recently teased that it would consider remaking Resident Evil 2 if fan demand is high enough. The Resident Evil remake on GameCube is regarded by fans as possibly the best example of the series’ classic survival horror formula. I know I speak for many fans with this list of things we’d like to see in a potential remake of Leon and Claire’s dire escape from Raccoon City.

Gorgeous “Living Backgrounds”
    The Resident Evil remake’s visuals still hold up. That’s saying a lot for a last-gen game that doesn’t support progressive scan. Capcom got the most out of the GameCube by forgoing 3D environments in exchange for highly detailed, rendered “living backgrounds” that were essentially security cam-style stills. Only certain objects like doors and items are interactive, but candles still flicker and moths still sputter around dim lights. If the Resident Evil remake still looks good in standard definition, this style of environmental design could make the game photorealistic. Seeing Raccoon City and the RPD station in such fidelity would not only make fans ecstatic, it might be enough to make the experience terrifying again.

Remake-style Controls
    Since Resident Evil 4, each game in the series has given players more freedom of movement and the ability to devastate enemies. The post-RE 4 games are a blast, but a large part of why the early titles were scary is because of the limiting control scheme. Retaining the tank-style controls would preserve the core Resident Evil 2 experience while still facilitating the classic, creepy fixed camera angles. I suggest taking the controls from the RE remake and putting it in this game. This would enable players to use the quick, 180-degree turn, fend off attacking zombies with defensive weapons like daggers and tasers, and include aim-assist. The only changes I suggest are a reload button and a ring for all those loose keys.

Toy With Our Expectations
    Early in the original PlayStation Resident Evil, a zombie dog infamously jumps through a window. In the remake, the glass of the same window merely cracks, and the dog busts through under different circumstances. The remake tinkers with the expectations formed from the original game in devious ways, and we want more of that in a RE 2 remake. The remake also added rooms to the mansion and changed the puzzles so they’d be like new to series vets. We’d love to see Capcom add more Raccoon City alleyways or an entire wing of the RPD station to an RE 2 remake.

Expand the Story
    The GameCube remake polished up the original RE’s story-expanding diaries and files to better fit into the overall universe. The game even added an entire story thread about a little girl that was experimented on in the facility beneath the mansion and grew up to be a terrible monster. The integration of the resurrected “crimson head” zombies was also brilliant, and we’d love to see them in RE 2 as well. If Capcom can do it well, we’d accept some new story content with open arms. This is also a good opportunity to flesh out the origin of Leon and Ada’s complicated relationship that comes to a head in Resident Evil 6. We’d also like to see more interactions between Sherry and Claire. Sherry reveals how important Claire is to her in RE 6, and it’d be great to see that realized more fully.

Retain the Core
    I used to think that a Resident Evil 2 remake would be great with Resident Evil 4-style gameplay. Since then, I’ve come to realize that we need to embrace what made those classic horror games unique. A remake should keep the soul of the game intact. There should still be four interwoven campaigns (Leon A, B, and Claire A, B), and the majority of the game should take place in the RPD, sewers, and Umbrella facility. Ink ribbons should still be required to save. Weapons should still be upgradeable. Don't remove what made the game great to begin with.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-2-remake.aspx

Shut up and play games

Superior Member

Unfortunately for for the Game informer article (and the rest of us fans), we'll get:

Chris is the new, and only lead.

RE6 camera and controls.

Chalked full of QTE!

Toy with our expectations
    bynot meeting any of them.

And complete removal of all "horror" elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Forum Sage
    "Remake-style Controls
    Since Resident Evil 4, each game in the series has given players more freedom of movement and the ability to devastate enemies. The post-RE 4 games are a blast, but a large part of why the early titles were scary is because of the limiting control scheme. Retaining the tank-style controls would preserve the core Resident Evil 2 experience while still facilitating the classic, creepy fixed camera angles. I suggest taking the controls from the RE remake and putting it in this game. This would enable players to use the quick, 180-degree turn, fend off attacking zombies with defensive weapons like daggers and tasers, and include aim-assist. The only changes I suggest are a reload button and a ring for all those loose keys."

Completely disagree with the above. Other games have shown you can be scary without limiting controls.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Remember Twin Snakes?

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I've been a fan of Resident Evil since 1997 and am very much in the 'classic' camp as far as the type of RE I prefer. When it comes to a RE2 remake, i've always maintained that unless it uses the RE1 GameCube template (i.e., pre-rendered backgrounds, classic survival horror gameplay, tank controls) then i'm not interested.

RE2 was and still is an amazing game and I wouldn't want Capcom to remake it unless they do the original justice. The RE1 remake was a perfect example of how to do it right: it stuck to the original template, updated the visuals, added a few incremental gameplay upgrades and expanded the story. Oh, and incorporated some extra areas. But it was still very much RE1, and that's why it worked. I'd hate to see RE2 turned into RE4.2 with Leon doing backflips and zombies running at you from all directions.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Super Elite
    A double pack of RE1 and 2 in HD. That would be sick.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    i loves R.E 2 and a remake i am all for

It plays better than R.E.6
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    A double pack of RE1 and 2 in HD. That would be sick.
    I think it's more likely to see the game remade than to have it remastered in HD, alongside the original. The PS1's visuals are simply too dated. It would explain why they started with Resident Evil 4.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-10-2013 at 23:00.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information