Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Which is why I still maintain it isn't a PSU issue.

As you know, I am on a variety of devices and PC's with varying OS's, so why do I never and I do mean NEVER see any of the issues like this? By my sampling size alone I can rule out PSU as the main culprit.

If it were a widespread issue, then yea something could be wrong in the coding for the site.

One thing I did notice is you don't have those issues on the forum house, you have it on the PSU.com homepage. Two separate beasts which might explain partially the issues. However, Cyber hasn't made it clear if it is PSU.com or the forums giving him the most crap.
    PSU.com is a living nightmare for me. Forums, generally, rock out with my $#@! out.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    PSU.com is a living nightmare for me. Forums, generally, rock out with my $#@! out.

Makes me wonder then if the problem is with something like our flash console, the adserver, or another 3rd party plug in (like the one that caused supersized adverts).
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Just found out the like button ain't working for me either (Chrome).
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

4. Likes mistercrow, Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    it worked for me (using chrome)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

6. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I think that the issues are region related. I am the only one from Switzerland and also the only one with such a big amount of issues. I dont have any problems with PSU, only with the forum section.

Dedicated Member
    Hi All,

I don't really post on the forum much these days but still do a fair bit of browsing. I didn't think starting a new thread would be necessary but the Need for Speed expandable advert is a tad annoying at the moment.

I'm using Firefox and everytime I try to close the ad it just takes me to the Game website. Now I wouldn't mind if it was just on the home page but as its on every page I just have the let the ad expand and then minimize before moving down the pages to read the threads.

Cheers.

Credit to THUGGEDOUT for the Sig

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR1986 View Post
    Hi All,

I don't really post on the forum much these days but still do a fair bit of browsing. I didn't think starting a new thread would be necessary but the Need for Speed expandable advert is a tad annoying at the moment.

I'm using Firefox and everytime I try to close the ad it just takes me to the Game website. Now I wouldn't mind if it was just on the home page but as its on every page I just have the let the ad expand and then minimize before moving down the pages to read the threads.

Cheers.
    Adblock+ is your best friend.

10. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    it is not PSU's though

this place needs to pay bills too
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Any chance of a daily 'nob of the day' poll? The winner each day would receive a '$#@!er' star...upto a maximum of 20 stars...then you can 'prestige'...

Bucket Biff

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    it is not PSU's though

this place needs to pay bills too
    Well, then they need to get some things fixed around here. Things that automatically redirect users that try to close ads is horse $#@! to say the least. If they want to run ads on here, by all means, go for it. Don't force users to click on ads by using the "close" button to create an automatic redirect. Then users wouldn't have to find ways around the piss poor ad service.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Well, then they need to get some things fixed around here. Things that automatically redirect users that try to close ads is horse $#@! to say the least. If they want to run ads on here, by all means, go for it. Don't force users to click on ads by using the "close" button to create an automatic redirect. Then users wouldn't have to find ways around the piss poor ad service.
    I'm not disagreeing However, you still need money to make the changesI even created a thread here about viglink
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I say using a more user friendly ad service would bring in more revenue compared to users being forced to generate that revenue.

Dedicated Member
    Thanks for the suggestion, it worked a treat!

Credit to THUGGEDOUT for the Sig

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR1986 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, it worked a treat!
    You're welcome. The downside is obviously not seeing the ads. It cuts both ways. I've been here a while, and the thing I did to remedy the lack of support from me after disabling the ads system was subscribing. Surely the small amount I pay each year promotes a lot more financial support than ever would be earned from ads I wouldn't want to click on the majority of.

If supporting the site is a goal, but the ads are too intrusive, consider sending a donation to become a subscriber.

Veteran
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    For what it's worth--and it's probably not much until we have some actions I can report--we are looking into, and have looked into, changing our comments section. It won't be an overnight process, but we've been looking at cost-effective solutions. Hopefully we'll have more to report shortly.

Ultimate Veteran
    Personally, my feeling is that the site not being improved due to there not being enough money won't help to bring in new money. You can't make money without spending money. Lets be honest, if 10 new members sign up today - how many will be able to browse the site without blocking ads? How many will feel compelled to become a subscriber due to them loving the site?

If the user experience isn't good enough you can't expect a lively and profitable user community. And you're not willing to spend to improve the experience without more revenue. It's a catch 22 that surely turn a lot of people off.
    Other opinions are available.

20. Likes mistercrow, sainraja likes this post
    Veteran
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Personally, my feeling is that the site not being improved due to there not being enough money won't help to bring in new money. You can't make money without spending money. Lets be honest, if 10 new members sign up today - how many will be able to browse the site without blocking ads? How many will feel compelled to become a subscriber due to them loving the site?

If the user experience isn't good enough you can't expect a lively and profitable user community. And you're not willing to spend to improve the experience without more revenue. It's a catch 22 that surely turn a lot of people off.
    Totally. It's going to be a slow process to fix some of these things, and hopefully by doing so we'll retain more visitors.

The good news is traffic is up quite a bit, so we are attracting new people on a daily basis. All these issues the community faces are noted and we are doing our best to address them. But, yes, money is an issue that's partially out of our control

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Add additional payment methods and you might get more more money from those who will buy the subscription.

23. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdolge View Post
    Totally. It's going to be a slow process to fix some of these things, and hopefully by doing so we'll retain more visitors.

The good news is traffic is up quite a bit, so we are attracting new people on a daily basis. All these issues the community faces are noted and we are doing our best to address them. But, yes, money is an issue that's partially out of our control
    then stop hiding the home pages behind drop down menu's?

im normally not this blunt but this:

is bullcrap!

NO.1 hated feature about this site! (i don't have many dislikes about this site)

the pages that are hidden are great pages. why is everything hidden behind "Browse"?

the old header is INSANELY more user friendly.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

25. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information