Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    no the PS3 wont play games from past consoles. because it will have a new CPU AND GFX CARD

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I for one don't really care about Backward compatibility. I would only buy the PS4 if it plays PS4 games!!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I for one don't really care about Backward compatibility. I would only buy the PS4 if it plays PS4 games!!
    Even the people who cry for BC will buy it just for ps4 games

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Even the people who cry for BC will buy it just for ps4 games
    Yeah everyone knows that!!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    There are videos on youtube of GOW3 played on a PC. If they were faked or not - I don't know. I remember framerate numbers and all that stuff on the right upper screen area.

But nontheless, I'm convinced that it will maybe play PS1 games, maybe (but I guess not) PS2 games and no PS3 games. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have any backwards compatibility.
    A highend PC could emulate PS3 games but I think it'll render the PC unusable to the point of having to reboot
    Remember in other to emulate it has to power both the PC & PS3 with addition proccessing, not a easy thing for even monster PC's

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I won't, developers have a lot to prove to me after this gen, so it depends if I want to buy it for PS4 games. If however it also played PS3 games with better AA then I would consider buying it regardless of PS4 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Ancient
    Well I've got 97 PSX, 124 PS2, 99 PS3 & 32 PSN games
    I'd liked the PS4 to be able to play those
    Sadly the only way that would be possible would be emulation, instead of HW compatibility
    The PS4 seems like it has the balls to do it but its depends on Sony's emulator skills
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 11-27-2012 at 20:11.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I'll just keep my PS3 to play those older games. i still have the 20GB model and it's working perfectly fine so I am not worried. honestly though, if I buy a PS4 I am most likely not going to be playing PS3 games on it. infact, I still have yet to play PS2 and PS1 games on my 20GB.

I think the majority of people like the idea of backwards compatibility but once they get it, they don't really use it.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I'll just keep my PS3 to play those older games. i still have the 20GB model and it's working perfectly fine so I am not worried. honestly though, if I buy a PS4 I am most likely not going to be playing PS3 games on it. infact, I still have yet to play PS2 and PS1 games on my 20GB.

I think the majority of people like the idea of backwards compatibility but once they get it, they don't really use it.
    I used my 60gb launch backwards compatibility pretty frequently for the first year, and stopped once some decent games started coming out. That first year was pretty bland. My friends and I were calling it the youtube machine. lol. Thankfully that ended.

If the PS4 has a better starting year, I wont need backwards compatibility at all.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post

I think that is exactly what happens! People just want it but, they don't really need it!

I agree that would cost to much.
    And second of all you probably won't get much money for your PS1 and PS2. Maybe good money for your PS3.
    So just keep the systems if you want to play all the games.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Having an all in one system is a nice convenience and yeah I still play plenty of PS1 games on my PS3, and I mostly use my Wii for NES/SNES games. Not sure why people have the attitude of old = $#@! nowadays. Probably COD "gamers".
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Not sure why people have the attitude of old = $#@! nowadays. Probably COD "gamers".
    Hey now!

I plan on keeping my PS3 until it dies, I still have a PS1 and only got rid of my PS2 because the optical drive was going out! Even with emulation, etc. there is still something different about playing it on the original hardware.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Thread Information