Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Global market warning: Drunken broker Like pushed oil price to 8 month high overni

A drunken broker could shake up the global oil market as much as any major political incident. A report claims Steve Perkins pushed oil prices $1.50 higher.

The senior broker at PVM Oil Futures spent $520 million of his client’s cash on oil futures contracts throughout the night during a “drunken blackout". The US Financial Services Authority found out about while investigating a mysterious oil price spike on June 30, 2009.

During two hours in the middle of the night the drunken broker Steve Perkins purchased 7 million barrels of crude or 69%of the global market, bringing prices up to $73.05 from $71.40, by bidding higher each time, CNBC reported.

The next morning an admin clerk called Perkins to ask why he had bought so much crude during the night, but Perkins couldn’t recollect buying 7 million barrels. Later after he apparently sobered up, and terrified with what he had done, the broker sent a message to his boss claiming he had to stay at home to care of a sick relative.

By the time PVM realized the transactions had not been authorized by a client investment company, they had suffered losses of $9,763,252 and sparked an official investigation. Perkins confessed having drinking problems, saw his trading license revoked and was fined $116,878.

But regulators took pity on the unfortunate Perkins, promising to re-approve his license in five years, if he stays sober, although they warned that, “Mr Perkins poses an extreme risk to the market when drunk.”
    Link: http://rt.com/business/news/drunken-...-oil-hike-212/

This was to funny to pass up, even for me

They need more guys like this in the stock market. Or at least pushing the buttons
    Last edited by claud3; 09-28-2012 at 16:39.

Extreme Poster
    Ironically, the article title written in this thread goes well with the news story.

3. Likes Vulgotha, claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    LMAO wow....This is redunkulious and def lvlcluad3 LOL!!! nice mate!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Push the button.. what a job.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    so this is why we had a recession! son of a *****!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

7. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

You see, the stock brokers should been replaced by alcoholics and the abilities to not remember. This way stock markets go up

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Anyone who knows anybody who works in the city will know most deals are done either drunk or hungover.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

10. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information