Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

For now, Dislike option is disabled

Due to some members abusing the feature to harass members for no reason other than to "dislike" their posts, I have temporarily disabled the dislike feature.

It is flat out ridiculous that some members just have to be so immature as to constantly slap dislikes on a post just because of who posted it.

It will likely make a return, but I am going to do some tweaking to the settings and make it work.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    I think it's better not to have a dislike. Seems redundant, if you like a post you like it. Otherwise you don't.
    Other opinions are available.

Soldier 95B
    I dislike Cuguy cuz he is a Bears fan.

4. Likes CMac21, RaY_210 likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Don't bring it back lol.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I think it's better not to have a dislike. Seems redundant, if you like a post you like it. Otherwise you don't.
    I thought it would be a nice way for people to voice an opinion, or whatever.. but we have some members who think it is hilarious to "dislike" everything from certain people.

Dislikes do nothing other than put your name down as a person who didn't like it. No rep penalty, no sp penalties...nothing. Just a dislike.

I have ideas on how to make some people think twice about blindly harassing other members.
    LMAO

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I dislike Cuguy cuz he is a Bears fan.
    LMAO

8. Likes DeviousOne , Kwes , Ghost , claud3 likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I dislike that photo too. LOL

10. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    perhaps it could work in a similar fashion to 'rep'

and perhaps the 'rep' could be made to work in a similar fashion to the dislike button

im still waiting to "spread some reputation".....sticking to the rules sucks now that the post i wanted to rep is weeks old
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

12. Likes Gilly3 likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    If you're going to implement it, then yea this is going to happen. But why is this a big deal? So what if one person goes out of their way to be an immature jerk, its not like that is wildly unexpected out of that person given their (probable) forum behavior anyway.

I dunno, I mean you take the good with the bad here. Either leave the function and accept this $#@! will happen or take it away. There is some overlap in functionality, but I personally liked the ability to Like AND Dislike posts.

Another possible alternative is to make dislikes and likes anonymous instead of showing names.

14. Likes John25 , sainraja likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    If you're going to implement it, then yea this is going to happen. But why is this a big deal? So what if one person goes out of their way to be an immature jerk, its not like that is wildly unexpected out of that person given their (probable) forum behavior anyway.

I dunno, I mean you take the good with the bad here. Either leave the function and accept this $#@! will happen or take it away. There is some overlap in functionality, but I personally liked the ability to Like AND Dislike posts.

Another possible alternative is to make dislikes and likes anonymous instead of showing names.

Yeah I could remove the names for sure....
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't think many people even used the feature, to be honest. It won't be a huge loss. But since the Dislikes still show up under our profile pages, both given and received, can we do away with them?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I LIKE this DISLIKE thing LOL.....PSU where we approve the like feature if you dont follow the laws the Mods will layeth the SMACKDOWN!! LOL....

OT i havent noticed it being abused however im mostly posting from my phone since im on the road alot now a days

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Ideally, I would like to limit the amount of times you can dislike the same user. I think that would solve this problem.

19. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Due to some members abusing the feature to harass members for no reason other than to "dislike" their posts, I have temporarily disabled the dislike feature.

It is flat out ridiculous that some members just have to be so immature as to constantly slap dislikes on a post just because of who posted it.

It will likely make a return, but I am going to do some tweaking to the settings and make it work.

Cuguy, I am not one to start getting all bent out of shape but turning off such a feature because certain people are having disputes is really and truly lame. So far this is the only forum that will go out of it's way to ban/infract people for minor things more than anything else. It's almost like this forum has become "sissy sensitive" o.O just put the option back on, if people don't like someone and they dislike their post, then big deal, that's really between them and is nothing more than entertainment for everyone else. As well as if they are disliking the post, maybe it's because they just don't like 90% of the persons post regardless of their intentions. there are a couple of people here where I could dislike their posts every single time because their mindset is obviously way different than mine. sometimes I will dislike them because sometimes I just don't like them but at the same time their post may be a bit ridiculous while trolling intentions are obvious.

imo, this forum is a bit strict as well as seeing people that use to post here get big infraction hits. a lot of them aren't here anymore. lol
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 09-28-2012 at 20:48.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I agree. The dislike seems kind of useless other than to just heckle other members who usually have a different console preference so therefore have opinions that are causing the disliker to suffer some butthurt. The dislikes dont bother me at all but I wont miss it if it goes away either. So I say keep the like and axe the dislike if since certain members lack the maturity to use it properly.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    People that use the dislike feature would benefit from it if they explained their indifference to a post and sparked debate and active communication. The like feature is nice cuz it lets you agree without needless postings. Don't care either way..I'm new.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    Cuguy, I am not one to start getting all bent out of shape but turning off such a feature because certain people are having disputes is really and truly lame. So far this is the only forum that will go out of it's way to ban/infract people for minor things more than anything else. It's almost like this forum has become "sissy sensitive" o.O just put the option back on, if people don't like someone and they dislike their post, then big deal, that's really between them and is nothing more than entertainment for everyone else. As well as if they are disliking the post, maybe it's because they just don't like 90% of the persons post regardless of their intentions. there are a couple of people here where I could dislike their posts every single time because their mindset is obviously way different than mine. sometimes I will dislike them because sometimes I just don't like them but at the same time their post may be a bit ridiculous while trolling intentions are obvious.
    The feature could likely return. We're just looking into tweaking it to prevent harassment.

And dislikes can certainly be used as an underhanded way to get on someone's nerves. Disliking posts just because you don't like someone is exactly the problem. That's not what the feature is for. The case that caused this issue involved dislikes of posts that had no reason to be disliked other than to annoy the member.
    Last edited by Ixion; 09-28-2012 at 21:21.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by imINxile View Post
    People that use the dislike feature would benefit from it if they explained their indifference to a post and sparked debate and active communication. The like feature is nice cuz it lets you agree without needless postings. Don't care either way..I'm new.
    I totally agree. What the dislike feature lets you do is take the gutless way out by just disliking a post without having to explain why or even have a counter point. So if anything that stifles debate and active communication.

Forum Sage
    Okay. After reading this thread and the reason it was removed, I think you guys should just remove the feature.....there's no need to tweak it and bring it back.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by imINxile View Post
    I think the point of the Like/Dislike feature is that you would use them both without having to explain yourself. One member simply went too far, using it as a tool to consistently harass a certain member.

Like I said before though, it's not a huge loss.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yep its not like the dislike feature enhances the forum in any way. It just gives trolls and fanboys another avenue to harass members they dont like.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    sometimes I will dislike them because sometimes I just don't like them
    And there lies the problem. That kind of thing is exactly why the dislike feature needs to go.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I don't get it.

Members don't like it, members are giving good reasons NOT to bring it back or get rid of it, but the site STILL wants to bring it back?! The like and dislike buttons are over kill and members have stated this over and over again. For some reason, the site loves it and doesn't want to do without it.

Members also tell the site about the technical problems and glitches, and they're STILL here! Buttons still don't work and glitches are still around. It's fustrating.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And there lies the problem. That kind of thing is exactly why the dislike feature needs to go.
    rad, you forgot to also add the part after that, there was no period. o.O

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I don't get it.

Members don't like it, members are giving good reasons NOT to bring it back or get rid of it, but the site STILL wants to bring it back?! The like and dislike buttons are over kill and members have stated this over and over again. For some reason, the site loves it and doesn't want to do without it.
    Some people like it and others don't. When you take something away temporarily, you don't get as many people complaining about it. If you want a specific action to be taken then mention it in your report.

Members also tell the site about the technical problems and glitches, and they're STILL here! Buttons still don't work and glitches are still around. It's fustrating.
    This is irrelevant to the discussion but I'll bite.

Simply put, it's frustrating when the Community Manager and other staff members get the run around because the people who are supposed to get back to us, if at all, take such a long time to do so.

I actually remember bringing up a solution for one of those problems, where I recommended using a different browser, like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer is more often than not slow and broken.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-28-2012 at 23:22.

Thread Information