Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    Reaper-Burns
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    It's not just nudity, it can be offensive text or any other image (giant middle finger). Also it takes a lot of money to have such filters in place. To upload custom images will also require Sony to host those files on their servers which uses bandwidth and in turn costs money.

So any way you look at it, it costs unnecessary expenditures of money and time
    True, would be cool tho, they could do what blackops did where you could make a custom emblem, but that was not pretty either so I guess custom avatars would not be possible

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I haven't bought a single avatar, only the ones you get in special edition of games as free dlc. I guess sony should make them cheaper then.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They're only .50 sometimes .25 per one avy. I don't think it can be any cheaper than that.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I think they are expensive in UK. Also they should do avy bundles. Like 15 avy's for $4.99

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    They do avy bundle I saw mvc3 bundles and some others for like 3.99-4.99. There should be more bundles I agree.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    It's not just nudity, it can be offensive text or any other image (giant middle finger). Also it takes a lot of money to have such filters in place. To upload custom images will also require Sony to host those files on their servers which uses bandwidth and in turn costs money.

So any way you look at it, it costs unnecessary expenditures of money and time
    Ya i no what ur say but if they put a price more on custom avatar then they do on avatars from the psn store they get more money back for the filters
    the way it goes, you got to spend money to make money

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    What would you like the PS4 to do & have
    I dont no much about what in side games consoles so mine will be short
    MY LIST

The newist Processor, what ever that called lol
    HDD 3TB, or if can lots more
    Newist Graphics card
    Wifi
    4 USB slots
    To play ps1.2.3 games & music, DVD,Blue Ray
    A good high powerful fan
    Rechargeable cable for controller
    And a power off switch on the back ,like on FAT PS3
    And a powerful fans to blow out all the dust in side the console like the FAT PS3
    Custom PSN Avatars , sweet

that all i can think of right now i be updating it if i think off more XD lol >^,.:.,^<
    Well, you'll be very happy because those are not very high expectations. However, some things I can guess may not make it.

For example, it may not have 4 USB slots but that would be a mistake.

May not play PS2/3 games but may play PS1.

Don't know about a power switch but can't say if they will or will not.

I think Wifi is a given.

I doubt they'll have a 3TB HDD but I don't think you'll have to worry. They might have some sort of a cloud system to play games.

They had rechargeable cable this time so likely they will have it next time.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed by the CPU/GPU...whatever it will be, will be a lot better than this generation.

As for custom avatars...I think they do it on purpose to not make them custom.

1) They want you to pay for them.

2) They don't want people to put up their $#@!es as their avatar.

I'm assuming this.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    I think they are expensive in UK. Also they should do avy bundles. Like 15 avy's for $4.99
    I live in the UK the low price is 0.21p for a avatar the one i got on my account right now cost 0.99p thats the highs
    it goes

Like sum of my psn friends might buy 1 avatar right say 0.21p but they could put a pice of 2.00p/2.50p on the custom avatars, and theres millions of users on psn so sony r laughing the money they get from one avatar and money from playstation home so sony have money to blow there nose on.

And for filters they dont need if sony makes a message pop up before you buy a custom avatar saying like u get banned for have a rude avatar then that will stop people from having bad avatars

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm hoping they introduce more music services..I don't really download MP3s anymore, so I'd love it if they introduced Spotify and made it work in game.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Overseer
    And for filters they dont need if sony makes a message pop up before you buy a custom avatar saying like u get banned for have a rude avatar then that will stop people from having bad avatars
    A couple of issues with that.

1) That won't stop people from doing it. Especially since you can make a new user in no time. (People can just make a new user just to mess around, trolls will do this for fun)

2) If they ban these people forever, they will be extremely pissed, more headache to deal with. Also, Sony will potentially lose a lot of money and a customer this way.

3) If they don't ban forever, people will feel more inclined to keep doing it.

Think of it like this forum. People are allowed to post whatever they want, while we can't post vulgarity and offending others is not allowed, that doesn't stop people from doing it. So it's better if the forum just didn't allow curse words to be posted (like they do on the news section of this website).

Having any kind of policy won't stop people from doing it, thus creating an indecent environment for kids, which will get parents up in arms against Sony as a business...all of this is theory but I'm positive this is one of the reasons (on top of making money off it).

They COULD make it to where you have to send in your picture to them in order to get it approved, which may take a lot of money for them to pull it off...I think they'd just prefer not spending resources there and instead make more money off it.

Any way you look at it, you can see why they don't allow it, you can also see why none other consoles allow it either.

11. Likes SHAZZMAZZ, Itachi likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    A couple of issues with that.

1) That won't stop people from doing it. Especially since you can make a new user in no time. (People can just make a new user just to mess around, trolls will do this for fun)

2) If they ban these people forever, they will be extremely pissed, more headache to deal with. Also, Sony will potentially lose a lot of money and a customer this way.

3) If they don't ban forever, people will feel more inclined to keep doing it.

Think of it like this forum. People are allowed to post whatever they want, while we can't post vulgarity and offending others is not allowed, that doesn't stop people from doing it. So it's better if the forum just didn't allow curse words to be posted (like they do on the news section of this website).

Having any kind of policy won't stop people from doing it, thus creating an indecent environment for kids, which will get parents up in arms against Sony as a business...all of this is theory but I'm positive this is one of the reasons (on top of making money off it).

They COULD make it to where you have to send in your picture to them in order to get it approved, which may take a lot of money for them to pull it off...I think they'd just prefer not spending resources there and instead make more money off it.

Any way you look at it, you can see why they don't allow it, you can also see why none other consoles allow it either.
    Ya you made a good point. I dont no if this is true but when the fist time the psn came to ps3 u could upload a custom avatars coz i seen people with avatars i never seen before, i first used the psn in 2010 so i missed my chance of getting a custom avatar.
    Last edited by SHAZZMAZZ; 10-01-2012 at 17:10.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Ya you made a good point. I dont no if this is true but when the fist time the psn came to ps3 u could upload a custom avatars coz i seen people with avatars i never seen before, i first used the psn in 2010 so i missed my chance of getting a custom avatar.
    Those were probably bought from psn or some limited time avatars like ones that beta testers get

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I'd like the ps4 to have an internet browser thats not as useless as a tramp with a sniper rifle..

Flange.

15. Likes D3seeker, SHAZZMAZZ likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    I'd like the ps4 to have an internet browser thats not as useless as a tramp with a sniper rifle..

Flange.
    That funny as f**k ya internet brower on the ps3 is useless

God i like that tramp witha a sniper rifle funny. XD

PSN ID
    Reaper-Burns
    You know another good Idea that would go great with the youtube/video editing app for ps3

would be the ability to capture any ps4 game in SD or HD and edit for youtube upload, instead of having to go out and buy an expensive capture card!

Pro: Less gaming videos recorded on youtube from a standard camera (I hate those) and It would be really awsome!
    Con: Might be free or might be something we have to pay for
    Last edited by Reaperburns88; 10-01-2012 at 21:20. Reason: not ps3 or maybe idk i'll go with ps4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    The PVR functionality is rumored in the next gen xbox. Ps4 may adopt it too.

PSN ID
    Reaper-Burns
    The PVR functionality is rumored in the next gen xbox. Ps4 may adopt it too.
    Sony as a Competitor to Microsoft should take that option, it all comes down to which system offers more!
    Either way I can't wait, for the ps4 and for my youtube channel!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    To play the highest quality games..

Bonus: unique UI, at least 4 usb slots and high memory..but mostly the games.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Games!!!

-gameplay recording option out of the box mandatory for all devs.

-better browser

-1080p/30fps MINIMUM

-4k support for video playback and picture browsing

-supper Rub a dub in 4k!!!

-4 USB ports

-New UI (non intrusive so you can still customize your background)

-Flash memory for UI separate from storage HDD

-integrated "eye"

-Streaming for back catalog that is not hardware compatible.

-full remote play, cross-play/controller support for Vita out of the box

-all current PS3 services (netflix, hulu etc..) out if the box

-499$ or less launch price

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    ^interesting about the integrated eye..haven't heard this yet. Console position would affect this no? Adjustable probably..just curious.

Forum Overseer
    Hmm, I don't remember seeing that. Maybe they hacked it or like someone else said, they may have been developers with exclusive avatars.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    O yes i would like them to tell us when they are bring out a new modal of the ps4 or bring out all the modals at the same time coz i feel like $#@!. When the ps3 first came out i bought the 40GB then i sold it coz i needed lots more HDD so i bought the 250GB but now the 500Gb i want it it but im not getting it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hmm, I don't remember seeing that. Maybe they hacked it or like someone else said, they may have been developers with exclusive avatars.
    It couldn't be a hack because if someone use a hack custom avatar it doesn't show up only on the hackers screen that what i read on a hacking website and it wasn't a good picture it look like the avatar was taken by a phone camera so it couldn't be a exclusive avatar.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Extra long mini-USB cables for when my controller die mid game and ALL your controllers are dead so you have no choice but to plug-in or quit. And yes 4 usb ports, in the front! At least 2 of them should be USB 3.0.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    It couldn't be a hack because if someone use a hack custom avatar it doesn't show up only on the hackers screen that what i read on a hacking website and it wasn't a good picture it look like the avatar was taken by a phone camera so it couldn't be a exclusive avatar.
    You may be confusing the avatar with the user account picture. You can have custom user account pictures

Thread Information