Release: Autumn 2013

Platforms: PSN, XBLA, Steam, Playstation Vita

Gameplay Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlYu90j9MIk - Footage is Pre-Alpha so the glitches and missing animations and sound effects are expected.

In terms of the gameplay New N' Tasty! is the same as the original to a large degree, but the flip screen scrolling is, obviously, gone, and subtle camera movements have been added to show more of the environment. The faster Abe moves, the more the camera shifts, up to around 15 degrees.

"It gives you a better perspective of the graphics," Gilray explained, "so you can see more into that 3D world, and it also lets you see farther in front of you. So if you suddenly see a Slig patrolling and think, oh s**t, you can hammer on the brakes, slow down a bit and creep past him.

"In the original game you looked through a screen flip and it was like, ah! You run away or you're dead. You had to make your decision before you went through the screen flip in the original game. But with this, because you can see farther in front of you, you can make that change in your game play there and then without having to go, I've died, I have to go back to the check point and re-do it."
The level design and puzzles are 80-90 per cent the same as in the original. Gilray provided an example of a difference. "In the original game, the fifth screen into it, there was a sleeping Slig. When you walked into the screen he woke up. To reset it you just walked off screen and came back on screen again creeping. We don't have flip screens any more, so we've made it so he times out. Say he walks around for 10 seconds and you haven't moved, he won't have heard anything and will go back to sleep again
All the FMVs from the original are now rendered in real-time using the game engine without breaks in the gameplay.
Sounds incredible and I am totally hyped for it! I loved the originals and I played them on PSOne, then on my PSPGo and now I have them on my Vita. It sounds to me they are sticking true to the original formula as it's not broken but they are bringing it forward.