Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS3 Hits 4m in France

The PlayStation 3 has hit the 4m unit sales mark in France, according to new numbers from GfK.Sony points out that it expects additional growth in France this year, despite the general downward trend of the global market. It also expects PS3 to establish itself as the leading platform in the country in 2012.

"With the overall French video games market down six per cent compared to 2011, the PS3 ecosystem is likely to be the only source of growth for the sector in 2012,” SCE France CEO and SCE Europe VP Philippe Cardon stated.

“We just hit 4 million PS3 sales in France and can state that the PS3 is and will remain the leading platform in 2012.”
    Source
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Surprised it took them this long. Better late than never I guess.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Well that's a weird comment...as opposed to what? lol. They've been the lead there for a while now.

4. Likes Two4DaMoney , AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran
    Steady sales figures from France, cool.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Nice...the SS PS3 should move more hardware there as well

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

Two4DaMoney dislikes this post^ Yep, that one. For the reasons below. \/ Yep, that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Well that's a weird comment...as opposed to what? lol. They've been the lead there for a while now.
    exactly
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-01-2012 at 18:18.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

8. Likes Ghost , AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    Nice numbers! Then again Sony has always done well in France. Nice.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    How many have they sold in Japan.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

Two4DaMoney dislikes this post^ Yep, that one. For the reasons below. \/ Yep, that one.
    exactly
    Rise above hate!

This is just more proof that the PS3 is the most popular console worldwide.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Weird how? Those are good numbers and i thought PS3 would of sold more by now. Well, it really doesn't matter at this point, but any sale is a good one.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    AY. No workaround dislikes

I was surprised with the numbers, but then even more surprised and less impressed when I learned on wiki that the population of France is around 65million. wow, I had no idea.

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

14. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster
    Weird how? Those are good numbers and i thought PS3 would of sold more by now. Well, it really doesn't matter at this point, but any sale is a good one.
    Why? Are you implying that 360 and Wii couldn't sell as well as PS3 there?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    AY. No workaround dislikes

I was surprised with the numbers, but then even more surprised and less impressed when I learned on wiki that the population of France is around 65million. wow, I had no idea.
    Well, you can say that COD selling 50k for a week in Japan is not impressive but that'd be objectively untrue if another shooter hasn't done that this generation.

PS3 is the lead there...that's the best France can do. We should be less impressed by France.

I won't say if it's impressive or not but I will say that it's relatively good.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'd agree with that statement Sufi

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    AY. No workaround dislikes I was surprised with the numbers, but then even more surprised and less impressed when I learned on wiki that the population of France is around 65million. wow, I had no idea.
    Yep. Not quite as impressive when you see the whole picture. But no doubt that France is Sony country.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    This is just more proof that the PS3 is the most popular console worldwide.
    Based on what exactly?

I'm just trying to understand what you mean here.

Obviously your definition of 'most popular console worldwide' is subjective? No?
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Blu-Ray was a give-and-take feature for the longest time, but I'm glad they stuck with it. I'm sure global sales are so good because people began to catch on that the PS3 is an excellent bluray player. On most any new Blu Ray box, you'll see a stick saying "Can be played on a Blu Ray player or PS3 game console." That is great news!

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep. Not quite as impressive when you see the whole picture. But no doubt that France is Sony country.
    Compared to worldwide, of course it's not that impressive. I agree, if that's what DarkVincent was talking about.

A7MAD: It is subjective. I don't think sales would determine popularity (in certain cases) anyway.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Most European countries will never have adoption rates like Japan, the US and UK and it's probably mainly because most games are only ever subtitled, could you play through all of a Metal Gear game with nothing but subtitles whilst not understanding a spoken word in the game? (I probably could because I watch a lot of foreign films with subs, but most people probably wouldn't enjoy that). Not to mention consoles are the most expensive with the Euro currency, countries like Spain are in a really bad state right now. So expecting PS2 sales out of PS3 in these countries is out of the question in their current state.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    How many have they sold in Japan.
    As of September 16th:

Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 10-02-2012 at 15:44.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Nice chart!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Most European countries will never have adoption rates like Japan, the US and UK and it's probably mainly because most games are only ever subtitled, could you play through all of a Metal Gear game with nothing but subtitles whilst not understanding a spoken word in the game? (I probably could because I watch a lot of foreign films with subs, but most people probably wouldn't enjoy that). Not to mention consoles are the most expensive with the Euro currency, countries like Spain are in a really bad state right now. So expecting PS2 sales out of PS3 in these countries is out of the question in their current state.
    I think expecting PS2 sales out of PS3 in any country is out of the question imo. That ship has sailed. But if Sony makes PS4 developer friendly and launches it at a competitive price along with some good marketing they could very well end up back on top. But I seriously doubt that we'll ever see PS2 level dominance ever again. Sony doesn't have all those 3rd party exclusives anymore like they did in the PS2 days.

Forum Sage

As of September 16th:

For videogames, I thought it was the UK and AU/NZ that typically got screwed over on pricing?

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    For videogames, I thought it was the UK and AU/NZ that typically got screwed over on pricing?
    UK has better prices than most european countries.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Sage
    I think expecting PS2 sales out of PS3 in any country is out of the question imo. That ship has sailed. But if Sony makes PS4 developer friendly and launches it at a competitive price along with some good marketing they could very well end up back on top. But I seriously doubt that we'll ever see PS2 level dominance ever again. Sony doesn't have all those 3rd party exclusives anymore like they did in the PS2 days.
    Thats true. Plus the addition of phones and tablets are cutting into those sales more and more.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yep, even the Wii has no chance of catching it now, it's slowed right down. Only way any company can do that level of dominance is to launch a $99 console with 5 or 6 high profile IP exclusives.

Not sure about AU/NZ but for UK, they do get some decent deals from time to time, but their software is actually pretty cheap and discounts much faster than in the US. Arkham City for example was ~20 in some stores just weeks after launch.

yay, next gen!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Based on what exactly?

I'm just trying to understand what you mean here.

Obviously your definition of 'most popular console worldwide' is subjective? No?
    The PS3 is the best selling console around the world. That's all. It appeals to a broader audience than the 360 and Wii for example.

I think the only reason why the 360 leads in total sales on the PS3 is because of the stranglehold it has on the NA market. whereas the PS3's sales are spread around.

Thread Information