Latest PSU headlines:

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony contemplating PS Vita/PS3 Christmas bundle

Given the synergy between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, you'd think Sony would release some sort of bundle that combines they two. As it turns out, that's "not out of the question", according to Fergal Gara, managing director of PlayStation UK.
    Speaking to CVG, Fergal Gara acknowledged the crossover features and services between the PS3 and PS Vita make for a good case to bundle the two into a single retail package.
    "We'd have nothing against that whatsoever," Gara said, "And it's not out of the question that we would do that this Christmas if we wanted to."
    "We put together packages for retail, and there's no reason why we shouldn't create a 'Vita plus PS3' bundle, which could feature games that use cross-play, as well as include a PlayStation Plus subscription that both devices could use," he added.
    "There is really a story there of the two consoles building a partnership. 'Better together', as I say," Gara continued. "If we want to continue to promote the partnership between PS3 and Vita, we have to look at ways in which we can show that."
    He concluded, "Is a dual-console bundle box a perfect solution to that? I'm not sure, but I think there's scope to have deals where people buy both the Vita and PS3, along with cross-play games and get a discount."
    Sony has unveiled a number of initiatives designed to have both the Vita and the PS3 work together, but back in August, the company admitted that their Cross Buy promotion was "limited" by technological differences between the two consoles. With that being said, there are still a number of games included with Cross Buy, which basically throws in a free Vita copy when you purchase the console version. Some of the games included are PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, and Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.
    Additionally, last month Sony announced the subscription-based PlayStation Plus program would also be making its way to the Vita this November. Sony confirmed that existing PlayStation Plus members on the PS3 would automatically receive the PS Plus features on their Vita for no additional cost.
    http://www.gamezone.com/products/pla...ristmas-bundle
    Do it Sony..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    If it were me, I'd sell PS4s with Vitas when its out
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I'd buy it I been wanting to get a vita and extra ps3 this would be perfect

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    If it were me, I'd sell PS4s with Vitas when its out
    Yea but they kinda need some sort of a quirk to gain that spark again.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    They should bundle this with the 12gb SS It'll probably retail for $499.99.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Always said they should do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Supreme Veteran
    I'm not too sure people would want to pay a hefty price (PS3 & Vita), this reminds me of an awfully similar situation where value was never appreciated because of the high price for admission for a gaming console.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Vita sales must be worse than I thought if Sony is considering this. But if the bundle is too expensive people wont buy it no matter what Sony says about the "value in the box."

9. Likes snooper71 wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Vita sales must be worse than I thought if Sony is considering this. But if the bundle is too expensive people wont buy it no matter what Sony says about the "value in the box."
    I agree can't be too expensive....Iin the end of the day I doubt sony would do that...I think they would cut the cost of the vita before they bundle it with a profitable ps3 at this point

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Probably also the reason they didn't drop the SS PS3 price, because this won't be that much more ($250+$250 - whereas this bundle could be as little as $350, which they could absolutely do at a profit).
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Elite Guru
    Gonna take the price point way above the competition. Should maybe offer a discount on Vita if buying a PS3 (or vice versa) but doing a bundle seems a little mad when the Vita has some worries in the units department as is.

Thread Information