Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Is this on PC?
    No, Capcom said its coming a bit later, late November

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDuoMaxwell View Post
    I really love the Resident Evil series, but after what I read from both gamers and critics, I will be skipping this game. I won't even play it for Leon's route. It's very frustrating that a main numbered Resident Evil can turn out so mediocre.
    Rent it, your opinion maybe different to others
    One thing I can guarantee you is all the bad stuff you've heard is exaggerated to the extreme
    If you enjoyed RE4&5 you will like this, especially with its nods to the older titles
    And as someone who had the game 6 days before release I voiced my opinion then several days before the reviews hit, and my opinion hasn't changed
    The game is jammed with content worth your time, it introduces new gameplay mechanics which improves the game over its predecessors in a way you would think why wasn't they there in the first place
    The only problem RE6 has that it split its campaigns into 3 separate games and it make it feel separated too
    If they kept it as one campaign that would dramatically increase & decrease in its action segments then it would have been a much better game
    But having one campaign all action, one dramatic and the other more melee based is its ultimate flaw
    Mix those campaigns up and plays very very well

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Even if I wasn't interested in the game I would buy it, because now there are only a handful of publishers investing in such HUGE projects and they need to the support or else I'm afraid every one will switch to handheld casual games.
    iirc re6 has quite alot of development time and huge teams

Apprentice

It's already been said, but RE series = literally dead. And I absolutely hate it, because I was huge RE fan. But like Capcom said, they want to appeal to the COD crowd by making it more action oriented. Mikami said a few months ago that RE6 looks more like a hollywood action film than a zombie game.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I didn't have high hopes after the soulless game that was RE5.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

6. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Should have been obvious. The people responsible for making Capcom's biggest franchises famous aren't at Capcom anymore.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I liked all the RE games apart from 4 cause I never played that one. Now I can add RE6 to that list cause I didn't like the demo enough to play it and I ended up watching someone play Leon's campaign online.

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Just finished chapter 2 Leon. One of the sexiest boss fights ever!!

No pause function, hard to land headshots, headshots don't instakill enemies? That sounds more like a plus than a minus. Am I the only one who thinks so?
    Last edited by Tamao3013; 10-04-2012 at 04:51.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    That boss fight was amazing!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamao3013 View Post
    No pause function, hard to land headshots, headshots don't instakill enemies? That sounds more like a plus than a minus. Am I the only one who thinks so?
    You should be. If you be shot in teh face, you should be shot in teh face not wasting my damn bullets. But I haven't opened the game yet and I bought on midnight release, lulz.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member
    I'm pretty sure the game would be too easy if headshots = instant kill. I can land headshots with ease, except chunks of their skulls fly off. You can also invest skill points into a higher chance of landing a critical.

Also, the scarcity of ammo/health should be a plus, right? Why are some people complaining about that? Isn't that one of the staples of survival horror? Limited resources? Too much nitpicking.

Super Elite
    She reminds me of alexia ashford

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I didn't have high hopes after the soulless game that was RE5.
    I thought RE5 was a masterpiece. But I played the entire game with a buddy.

Forum Elder
    I'm loving RE6 !! It's definitly more shooter oriented but the game has its awesome moments... Chris campaign is the one i enjoyed the less. But the game is fun, people hating are exaggerating a little.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Rent it, your opinion maybe different to others
    One thing I can guarantee you is all the bad stuff you've heard is exaggerated to the extreme
    If you enjoyed RE4&5 you will like this, especially with its nods to the older titles
    And as someone who had the game 6 days before release I voiced my opinion then several days before the reviews hit, and my opinion hasn't changed
    The game is jammed with content worth your time, it introduces new gameplay mechanics which improves the game over its predecessors in a way you would think why wasn't they there in the first place
    The only problem RE6 has that it split its campaigns into 3 separate games and it make it feel separated too
    If they kept it as one campaign that would dramatically increase & decrease in its action segments then it would have been a much better game
    But having one campaign all action, one dramatic and the other more melee based is its ultimate flaw
    Mix those campaigns up and plays very very well

Sent via Codec
    Well I loved RE4 and 5, but I hated the RE6 demo :/ So I don't think that argument works in all cases ..

But absolutely, if you want to spend money on a game you might not like, go for it.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    What made it a masterpiece? I can only give it graphics.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

19. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Well I loved RE4 and 5, but I hated the RE6 demo :/ So I don't think that argument works in all cases ..

But absolutely, if you want to spend money on a game you might not like, go for it.
    Tbh the demo is cut up in different sections
    Jakes is a bit in chapter 3 Chris's is the start of chapter 2 and Leons jumps a whole section after that cut scene with the president in chapter 1 and completely misses out the deserted hallways and kitchen and dinning hall that are lit up by the lighting outside
    Jake actually start off at a village and Chris in China, Chris's 2nd chapter thats in the demo is a flashback too, though I would have put the chapel in from that level, but I guess they was trying to show the different type if play
    So I would say the demo is kinda not a accurate representation
    But thats why I said rent it, if ya not sure because I'm certain it'll change people's opinions by actually playing a few chapters from the final game.
    And if you check my play log you'll know I'm on it all the time, personally I don't see anything but the improvements to RE6 they've made when playing thats different, and I know people don't like the crosshair, but the laser sight can be put on in the menu if ya want old-school RE4
    Also for those that don't know, you partner doesn't nick your items anymore and use health sprays, they've got their own unlimited supply and will only assist if you ask
    Much better then RE5 lol

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 10-04-2012 at 18:00.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style

Thought it was really fun on coop, but "masterpiece" is laughable.

22. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Tbh the demo is cut up in different sections
    Jakes is a bit in chapter 3 Chris's is the start of chapter 2 and Leons jumps a whole section after that cut scene with the president in chapter 1 and completely misses out the deserted hallways and kitchen and dinning hall that are lit up by the lighting outside
    Jake actually start off at a village and Chris in China, Chris's 2nd chapter thats in the demo is a flashback too, though I would have put the chapel in from that level, but I guess they was trying to show the different type if play
    So I would say the demo is kinda not a accurate representation
    But thats why I said rent it, if ya not sure because I'm certain it'll change people's opinions by actually playing a few chapters from the final game.
    And if you check my play log you'll know I'm on it all the time, personally I don't see anything but the improvements to RE6 they've made when playing thats different, and I know people don't like the crosshair, but the laser sight can be put on in the menu if ya want old-school RE4
    Also for those that don't know, you partner doesn't nick your items anymore and use health sprays, they've got their own unlimited supply and will only assist if you ask
    Much better then RE5 lol

Sent via Codec
    Dude I totally respect the fact that some people like RE6, just want to make that clear.

It's just that RE6 messed up in way too many areas for me to personally want to spend full price tag on it since I'm kinda poor atm (broke wrist snowboarding and I've been on sick leave income etc). Believe me, I'd like to give it a second chance by trying the full game.

And to be fair, you didn't really mention any areas where I personally think RE6 stumbles. In technical aspect, it's a mess (judging from the demo). The fps is really uneven in many areas, and the darkness is more like dark crush than actual darkness, which makes it too hard to see anything.

The controls are also really annoying. Especially in Leon's part, because he's way too fast and agile, which makes it hard to navigate in small spaces. It also feels less realistic because he feels too light, and the camera has a weird placement.

Besides that, only judging Leon's part, it's not even a little bit scary, and the atmosphere isn't intense at all. And now I'm comparing to Resident Evil 4, since it had more of a horror atmosphere than RE5. In RE6 the atmosphere just feels bland and uninspiring.

Chris's part just feels like a cheap Gears of War/Battlefield clone or something. Sure it's slightly fun, but RE5 was waaaay more intense and challenging. In RE6 Chris's part the "zombies" would easily stand completely still not doing anything just inches away from me. And that takes me to my other problem. The animations are really jerky and ugly. Both from the monsters and AI partners.

And the graphics overall just look really weird. The characters look good, but everything else looks really bland and low-res. I was actually really amazed by RE5's graphics back in the day, I'm nowhere near impressed by RE6's graphics.

But, this is just MY oppinion xD
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 10-04-2012 at 21:04.

24. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Dude I totally respect the fact that some people like RE6, just want to make that clear.

It's just that RE6 messed up in way too many areas for me to personally want to spend full price tag on it since I'm kinda poor atm (broke wrist snowboarding and I've been on sick leave income etc). Believe me, I'd like to give it a second chance by trying the full game.

And to be fair, you didn't really mention any areas where I personally think RE6 stumbles. In technical aspect, it's a mess (judging from the demo). The fps is really uneven in many areas, and the darkness is more like dark crush than actual darkness, which makes it too hard to see anything.

The controls are also really annoying. Especially in Leon's part, because he's way too fast and agile, which makes it hard to navigate in small spaces. It also feels less realistic because he feels too light, and the camera has a weird placement.

Besides that, only judging Leon's part, it's not even a little bit scary, and the atmosphere isn't intense at all. And now I'm comparing to Resident Evil 4, since it had more of a horror atmosphere than RE5. In RE6 the atmosphere just feels bland and uninspiring.

Chris's part just feels like a cheap Gears of War/Battlefield clone or something. Sure it's slightly fun, but RE5 was waaaay more intense and challenging. In RE6 Chris's part the "zombies" would easily stand completely still not doing anything just inches away from me. And that takes me to my other problem. The animations are really jerky and ugly. Both from the monsters and AI partners.

And the graphics overall just look really weird. The characters look good, but everything else looks really bland and low-res. I was actually really amazed by RE5's graphics back in the day, I'm nowhere near impressed by RE6's graphics.

But, this is just MY oppinion xD
    I only said rent it lol
    But nah, if that strongly opinion about it I understand, I wouldn't touch Skyrim...though I have played enough of it to not want to lol plus I think those games are generic anyway
    Side note guys, I just finished Chris's Chapter 4 and dam, going through those ship cabins in in pitch dark....tension man
    Especially with those regenerating Alien type BOW's
    And oh $#@! at the end of that chapter, was not expecting that!

Sent via Codec

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^Renting is not an option over here in Sweden =/

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I only said rent it lol
    But nah, if that strongly opinion about it I understand, I wouldn't touch Skyrim...though I have played enough of it to not want to lol plus I think those games are generic anyway
    Side note guys, I just finished Chris's Chapter 4 and dam, going through those ship cabins in in pitch dark....tension man
    Especially with those regenerating Alien type BOW's

And oh $#@! at the end of that chapter, was not expecting that!

Sent via Codec
    That is what 'survival horror' is to me. tension is way more important than fear. I thought re4 Regerators were pure evil, and then I played dead space 2.
    I will get this game soon and I can tell that it is better than re5 in every way

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    My brother bought the game and said he is enjoyng the game better than the last? Imma check it out tomorrow

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    That is what 'survival horror' is to me. tension is way more important than fear. I thought re4 Regerators were pure evil, and then I played dead space 2.
    I will get this game soon and I can tell that it is better than re5 in every way
    The Iron Maidens and Regeneradors were the creepiest enemies in the game.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Thread Information