Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Thought it was really fun on coop, but "masterpiece" is laughable.
    I thought it was perfect. One of my favorite co-op games ever made.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    ^Renting is not an option over here in Sweden =/
    Oh that sucks

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I thought it was perfect. One of my favorite co-op games ever made.
    Yeah, I too got to play the entire game through with a buddy. It was a lot of fun. I plat'd RE5 and never played it alone. I can't imagine what it's like the other way.

Superior Member
    bought it day one, love it, great game, i rate it 8.5/10.

Forum Sage
    I think we all will get a kick out of this article:

http://pulse.me/s/dfU00

Dedicated Member

Actually, I just got it and it's not as bad as everyone says. I just finished playing RE5 again prepping for 6 and the game is pretty cool. Just my opinion, and I'll post my review after I finish it.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    I'm pretty sure the game would be too easy if headshots = instant kill. I can land headshots with ease, except chunks of their skulls fly off. You can also invest skill points into a higher chance of landing a critical.
    It's not about providing a challenge. Anyone who is familiar with the concept should know that shooting the head is the most effective way to take down a zombie. Leon even makes this clear in Resident Evil: Degeneration so you can't say that Capcom didn't know about it either if you wanted.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-07-2012 at 00:07.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Ancient
    Just finished
    second chapter......everything is now mind $#@!ed
    Everything I was made to believe is out the window now
    BTW, who did that campaign? Very RE4 imo

Sent via Codec

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Did like the demo anyways..didnt have any interest in the game but good look lethal i wont ever play this game....lol
    Hahaha........ I can't even understand this. You liked the demo but wasn't interested in the game. Then you looked lethal and wouldn't touch the game?

10. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I'm really enjoying Resident Evil 6 but like i said before i'm easily pleased. It's just a game.

This isn't the glory days of RE on the PS1 but the game is still fun and it's still Resident Evil at heart.
    I know! I felt the same way about it. I just started playing it and I think it's very cool. The part with the helicopter is insane in the very beginning.! I love stuff like that!

PSN ID
    MrDyrdek-
    Agree with you bud so sad to see one the greatest game ever go downhill

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    At this point my brother is still enjoying this game? He said he likes it better than the last once he's done I'm gonna borrow it from him and give it a go

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I will say that this game is very much worth a rent. The Leon campaign is really good. My buddy and I are going to go through all the campaigns, but so far the only campaign worth a damn, is the one with Leon.

However, the $#@!ty server will not let me and my buddy play online.
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-07-2012 at 16:45.

Superior Member

Overall, I wouldn't pay full price for this game, I got the 20 certificate for it by buying it from best buy, so at 45 bucks (tax included), I'd say that it was ALMOST worth it. Leon's campaign is pretty good, Chris's game is just meh, Jakes is.....better than Chris's, I haven't played the 4th campaign yet. It seems they really dumbed down the game though, probably to attract COD players.

I do like how weapons no longer take up item space, but I really dislike how you get stronger. I much preferred RE4 and 5's way of purchasing upgrades for each individual guns, and also 5's way of getting stronger and variable models of weapons such as the different assault weapons and pistols. But I also really wish they'd do what they did in the early RE's where you could find parts like a silencer or other pieces that you can combine with weapons to get special effects.

I would certainly NEVER pay 60 bones for this game and would much rather play RE5 with a friend again. Here's to hoping the next one is a lot more like Leon's campaign and a longer, more centralized story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

16. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I ended up buying it from Amazon for $44. The damn shipping was added afterwards for 3.99.

Super Elite
    Simply the lack of offline Co-op op in the PC version means no buy for me when it's out. Though the demo also left a poor impression
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Apprentice
    It is a good game but it's not a good Resident Evil. Capcom just took the easy route and tried to please the Call of Duty crowd instead of trying a fresh take on Survival Horror. Just look at indie games like Amnesia or DayZ, look at Dead Space or Dead Island and you see how Survival Horror could be done in a fresh way. Resident Evil 6 is a step backwards, it's fun but it will never be a game you would call a classic like 1, 2 or 4.

Ancient
    I'll tell you one thing I dont like, chapters,missions
    I preferred it when it was continuous like the old RE's
    And I miss the merchant too and returning to once locked off areas

Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    I never liked the merchant. That was a very stupid addition to Resident Evil 4.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    My most memorable dialogue of any game:
    "Whaddya buyin strange-ah?"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Martijn_
    The only way for Capcom to bring RE back to survival horror is to change the gameplay completely. I strongly believe that Naughty Dog's, The Last of US, will be a big influence in the survival horror genre. At least in the story telling and the development of the characters emotions during such a apocalyptic event.

In RE 0 tot Code Veronica the characters are actually scared of what they face. In the last three games they act like it's just another day in the office. A giant B.O.W. smashes a European city and Chris is just acting like: oh, a bigger one, lets grab a gun and kill it before lunch time. I did need feel like there was no hope left playing RE6.

Capcom needs to change alot more then only the gameplay to bring back that horror survival. Maybe they don't even need to change the gameplay if they start observing horror story's and use that knowledge in RE 7.
    Games playing online • PS4: FIFA 14, Call of Duty Ghost, The Last of Us remastered.

Ancient
    With RE5 I actually came to the conclusion that it was still survival horror, just not for the player
    Those poor villagers had a American turn up and take them out one by one with his boulder punching fists and he sparred no one
    It was truly horrific for them if ya ask me

Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn_ View Post
    The only way for Capcom to bring RE back to survival horror is to change the gameplay completely. I strongly believe that Naughty Dog's, The Last of US, will be a big influence in the survival horror genre. At least in the story telling and the development of the characters emotions during such a apocalyptic event.

In RE 0 tot Code Veronica the characters are actually scared of what they face. In the last three games they act like it's just another day in the office. A giant B.O.W. smashes a European city and Chris is just acting like: oh, a bigger one, lets grab a gun and kill it before lunch time. I did need feel like there was no hope left playing RE6.

Capcom needs to change alot more then only the gameplay to bring back that horror survival. Maybe they don't even need to change the gameplay if they start observing horror story's and use that knowledge in RE 7.
    I was thinking about that yesterday while watching RE Damnation.
    It doesn't make sense for the protagonists to get 'scared' because they've been through all that many times before. They know what to expect. Sure they will still be freaking out and trying not to die but they shouldn't be scared from BOWs.

Gameplay wise one thing I wished capcom didn't do was the 'kick on command' move

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I didn't think so. One of my favorite things about Resident Evil 4 was upgrading and purchasing new weapons from that mysterious merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    My most memorable dialogue of any game:
    "Whaddya buyin strange-ah?"
    "What are ya sellin'?" Haha. I've always liked his voice.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-08-2012 at 23:37.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Martijn_
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I was thinking about that yesterday while watching RE Damnation.
    It doesn't make sense for the protagonists to get 'scared' because they've been through all that many times before. They know what to expect. Sure they will still be freaking out and trying not to die but they shouldn't be scared from BOWs.

Gameplay wise one thing I wished capcom didn't do was the 'kick on command' move

You do have a point there. However they are fighting against newer, more dangerous, unknown viruses that they have not encountered before. My point mostly was that it doesn't help the survival horror feeling if they act like it's not really that scary to fight those monsters. RE4 had Ashley that was scared most of the time, that really helped the game to add that sense of scare and danger to the story. RE6 only had a couple of moments that civilians freak out, but the main protagonists didn't at all. I can understand the Leon, Chris, Sherry and the BSAA remain mostly calm since it is they're job and all. But considering the size of what is going on it should at least show they are a little frightened. And Helena and Jake who Never really encountered B.O.W. pretty much take it for granted that those are there like birds in the sky. I really hope they bring that back to the story, Claire could be a great main protagonist considering they pointed out in Degeneration that she has not chosen a path to fight Umbrella like Jill, Chris and Leon. Bring in a new character next to her that isn't able to survive on her own, and they could easily bring the survival horror through the characters and the story. Both type of fans can be served this way without the need to change the gameplay drastically.
    Games playing online • PS4: FIFA 14, Call of Duty Ghost, The Last of Us remastered.

28. Likes Equinoqs likes this post

Thread Information