Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

I trust this review the most. 35/1500

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post

I trust this review the most. 35/1500
    So, you think its utterly fantastic? Lower the score on that scale, the better.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    You do realise that their rating system is not meant to be taken seriously and rather resembles a giant bucket full of sarcasm?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    Conan is a comedian. His ratings are arbitrary it was simply a joke.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Conan is a comedian. His ratings are arbitrary it was simply a joke.
    conan? joke? never heard of em. Didnt think I needed to add an lol to that post.

Super Elite
    I played the demo and it was an instant big fat no for me.

I want an evolution of set, hitch$#@! like camera angles, prerenderd backgrounds, tank controls, scarce ammo and items and scarce but threatening enemies.
    Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube was the highpoint of the series for me, not RE4.
    Its like they're trying to recapture that momentary goldmine they had with RE4, but turning the game into a shooter and yet at the same time keeping stiff controls just doesnt work. You cant do both!

As I said it doesnt have to be exactly like the old games but some form of evolution on it would be good. Either that or throw EVERYTHING out of the window and start work on a completely new game from scratch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Love the edit lol
    Still say its a great game as long as you know what to expect, RE4 in the ol'skool RE way this isn't, except for a few bits

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    Hey all! Just wanted to inform you that we took a look at this thread in our latest podcast, "Podcast Derailed - Episode 29 - The Resident Evil 6 Debate."

You can listen to the episode here: Podcast Derailed - Episode 29 - The Resident Evil 6 Debate

We read a few of your comments, and as such, thank you all very much for your participation. Keep it up!

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

9. Likes Lethal likes this post

So far Im enjoying it as I'm playing co-op with a buddy doing Leons campaign.Does get frustrating with no ammo but also challenging at same time, cant wait to play the rest

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    I played the demo and it was an instant big fat no for me.

I want an evolution of set, hitch$#@! like camera angles, prerenderd backgrounds, tank controls, scarce ammo and items and scarce but threatening enemies.
    Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube was the highpoint of the series for me, not RE4.
    Its like they're trying to recapture that momentary goldmine they had with RE4, but turning the game into a shooter and yet at the same time keeping stiff controls just doesnt work. You cant do both!

As I said it doesnt have to be exactly like the old games but some form of evolution on it would be good. Either that or throw EVERYTHING out of the window and start work on a completely new game from scratch.
    I'm excited to hear more about Shinji's Zwei project, though he no longer works for Capcom. He said it will be a "true" survival horror game. I don't think the genre is dead on consoles quite yet. Its thriving on the PC thanks to indie devs.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    I'm excited to hear more about Shinji's Zwei project, though he no longer works for Capcom. He said it will be a "true" survival horror game. I don't think the genre is dead on consoles quite yet. Its thriving on the PC thanks to indie devs.
    Hell yeah! I was a fan of Mikami-San since I found out he was the guy responsible for my beloved survival horror series.

Keep an eye out for this one: http://tangogameworks.com/project/index_en.html

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I enjoyed the new "Resident Evil: Retribution" movie more than I've enjoyed the Resident Evil 6 game so far. And that is saying something, because the movie wasn't that good.

Shut up and play games

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Oliveira View Post
    Hey all! Just wanted to inform you that we took a look at this thread in our latest podcast, "Podcast Derailed - Episode 29 - The Resident Evil 6 Debate."

You can listen to the episode here: Podcast Derailed - Episode 29 - The Resident Evil 6 Debate

We read a few of your comments, and as such, thank you all very much for your participation. Keep it up!
    lol you guys made it sound like I can't score games for $#@!!!!!! I gave Chris's campaign a 6/10 because it was not as dreadful as my complaints made it out to be. Resident 5 for me was amazing because I played it in co-op from start to finish and thought it was one of the best co-op games I ever played.

But I agree with you guys, Capcom is selling out the Resident Evil franchise. I wish they would just remake RE2.

P.S. I really enjoyed the podcast!!
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-13-2012 at 00:36.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    lol you guys made it sound like I can't score games for $#@!!!!!! I gave Chris's campaign a 6/10 because it was not as dreadful as my complaints made it out to be. Resident 5 for me was amazing because I played it in co-op from start to finish and thought it was one of the best co-op games I ever played.

But I agree with you guys, Capcom is selling out the Resident Evil franchise. I wish they would just remake RE2.

P.S. I really enjoyed the podcast!!
    I would agree with you there. Chris' campaign was the weakest and prob deserves a 6. Leon's in contrast was incredibly strong and i'd rate prob an 8.5. Average those two with jakes solid campaign and you get prob a 7.5/10. I really think the reviews were too harsh. RE 6 is super ambitious and has tremendous scale compared to everything other game. It falls flat on its face a few times (see haos boss for Chris and that damn motorcycle sequence) but the things it gets right work sooo well.

16. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Ancient
    I think the game suffers from that thing patients have when they are told a medicine make you better when really its all in your head?
    ie, if reviews said differently, people would think so too
    Seriously people was praising the game until the reviews dropped(except for the ones that didn't like the demo, the reviews just took their reason to give it a chance away)

Sent via Codec

Dedicated Member

Hi, TGO I agree with you. Seriously, I have played abou 10 hours into the first campaign and I think it's fantastic. I own all of the previous games in the series too. Is it a bit more action oriented? Yes. Is it the piece of crap some people are making it out to be? Absolutely not. I undestand if people don't like something legitimately, but really. The complaints some people are having make no sense. There IS a pause you have to click play offline though. I also haven't found the camera angles to be broken at all. Ahh, sometimes people love to jump on the bandwagon I guess! LOL!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM2x View Post
    Hi, TGO I agree with you. Seriously, I have played abou 10 hours into the first campaign and I think it's fantastic. I own all of the previous games in the series too. Is it a bit more action oriented? Yes. Is it the piece of crap some people are making it out to be? Absolutely not. I undestand if people don't like something legitimately, but really. The complaints some people are having make no sense. There IS a pause you have to click play offline though. I also haven't found the camera angles to be broken at all. Ahh, sometimes people love to jump on the bandwagon I guess! LOL!!
    I think your love for Resident Evil is blinding you from the issues that everyone else in the world can see. You really lost me when you said you have not found the camera angles to be broken at all.

The complaints make perfect sense to me. The cover system is absolutely horrid. Resident Evil is supposed to be survival horror, not an action packed shooter.

20. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    When I played the demo, it did not feel like RE game to me at all. And now Capcom is giving away free DLC on-disc? NOW THERE'S A FIRST!

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    When I played the demo, it did not feel like RE game to me at all. And now Capcom is giving away free DLC on-disc? NOW THERE'S A FIRST!
    LOL yeah, agreed with the second part of your post. Capcom and free never go in the same sentence .
    They probably did this for damage control after they got busted having DLC on disc. They're probably losing money while trying to seem cool and clean. Who the $#@! do you think you're kidding Capcom? We know you all too well!
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Is the control clunkiness of resident evil 5 still present?

Flange.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Is the control clunkiness of resident evil 5 still present?

Flange.
    Didn't play the demo?
    The answer is no, for instance quick turn has gone as pushing back on the stick will turn towards the screen, as with all games that use that method of control (loads of games) doing that doesn't change camera prospective so that's a problem if you haven't played the other millions of games that require you to control the camera
    Walking backwards is only possible while aiming
    But the main problem as I've learnt from mercenaries is the combat system is actually deep then it looks

Sent via Codec

Dedicated Member

It's not so much a great love for RE as it is that I just don't care a much as most people do about this. The controls while not perfect, are in my opinion not that bad. The cameras aren't that great, but I'm basing this off of whether or not they've gotten me killed and if was a deal breaker for me, and it isn't (At least not yet. I'm not done yet though). And as far as the cover system goes, I haven't had to rely on it yet. It's there if you want to use it. Maybe I haven't gotten to places that require me to depend on it yet. But, basically it's pretty good as far as my expectations go and whether or not it is fun to play. I guess these days I'm not as picky about these things.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    LOL yeah, agreed with the second part of your post. Capcom and free never go in the same sentence .
    They probably did this for damage control after they got busted having DLC on disc. They're probably losing money while trying to seem cool and clean. Who the $#@! do you think you're kidding Capcom? We know you all too well!
    Exactly. And if they mess up, they'll just get hacked content again. But wait..there's still the matter of Resident Evil 6: Gold and Mercenary Edition! Or they do it like Street Fighter and release a super-duper-ultra-magnets pack with all their games for the anniversary edition of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Capcom managed to take everything good from RE5, and completely trash it. This game is horrible!!!!!!

First off, there is no pause button. You can never pause the game, EVER! The only time the game is stopped, is when the chapter is over.
    If you play "offline" instead "playstation network", you can pause the game anytime.
    Overall Im agree with all you said.
    I felt like it was another RE Racoon City version, which I hated it. :/
    The thing I kinda liked, it was "the Mercenaries" online because you can inflict physical severe damage to the enemies, also while overdoing it on combos you run out of stamina which i thought it was more realistic, when you unlock new costumes, the players have different ways to fight,such a case is "jake".

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Its ok......i did chris, jake then leon. Leons is proper RE, love it. the other 2. meh. and you have to play the game offline to be able to pause it! wtf

7/10

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information