Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    I'm new to RE... well I played RE5 with my best friend in coop and it was a nice game, although Dead Space is much better (and, besides Darksiders and God Of War, one of my favourite franchises), and I just finished the Leon campaign (I play entirely offline, maybe coop when one of my friends gets the game, but I doubt that they'll buy it). I thought it was good, but not that entertaining. Maybe I just need all the backstory, but to be honest... if it wasn't for the graphics and the "nice" gameplay, I wouldn't play it. It's at least that good that I want to finish it. It's a 7/10 in my opinion. But right now I'm playing the Chris part, and there's these HUGE monsters and this part is just annoying. I mean really, who's idea was this bullcrap? I felt lost sometimes even in the Leon campaign, because I didn't really know how to proceed, mostly in boss fights. I did "something" and died a lot (not because I played badly, but because I didn't know what to do next lol), but then a cutscene came. This happened very often.

To be honest, I wanted this game to abandon all the adventure-stuff. I HATE playing in catacombs and solving "puzzles" in an action-horror game. They should go for atmosphere and action packed horror, that's all. I don't want this adventure-styled stuff. That's like throwing a big chunk of Uncharted into RE6 (and RE5). But overall, the game is entertaining. I recommend it, but wait a while until it's a little bit cheaper, because 60 Euros is a lot...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    I'm new to RE... well I played RE5 with my best friend in coop and it was a nice game, although Dead Space is much better (and, besides Darksiders and God Of War, one of my favourite franchises), and I just finished the Leon campaign (I play entirely offline, maybe coop when one of my friends gets the game, but I doubt that they'll buy it). I thought it was good, but not that entertaining. Maybe I just need all the backstory, but to be honest... if it wasn't for the graphics and the "nice" gameplay, I wouldn't play it. It's at least that good that I want to finish it. It's a 7/10 in my opinion. But right now I'm playing the Chris part, and there's these HUGE monsters and this part is just annoying. I mean really, who's idea was this bullcrap? I felt lost sometimes even in the Leon campaign, because I didn't really know how to proceed, mostly in boss fights. I did "something" and died a lot (not because I played badly, but because I didn't know what to do next lol), but then a cutscene came. This happened very often.

To be honest, I wanted this game to abandon all the adventure-stuff. I HATE playing in catacombs and solving "puzzles" in an action-horror game. They should go for atmosphere and action packed horror, that's all. I don't want this adventure-styled stuff. That's like throwing a big chunk of Uncharted into RE6 (and RE5). But overall, the game is entertaining. I recommend it, but wait a while until it's a little bit cheaper, because 60 Euros is a lot...
    puzzles have always been a significant part of the Resident Evil experience. If you started with 5 you were not really exposed to that. There is another campaign that i won't spoil that has some pretty significant puzzle elements in one chapter as well. . Really this game was pretty puzzle light compared to previous entries. as for not knowing what to do i really don't know where you are coming from. I know there is no healthbar, but just shoot until its dead is pretty much all the strategy you need. the weak points are fairly obvious.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Didn't play the demo?
    The answer is no, for instance quick turn has gone as pushing back on the stick will turn towards the screen, as with all games that use that method of control (loads of games) doing that doesn't change camera prospective so that's a problem if you haven't played the other millions of games that require you to control the camera
    Walking backwards is only possible while aiming
    But the main problem as I've learnt from mercenaries is the combat system is actually deep then it looks

Sent via Codec
    Play the demo? No. Simply because i didn't want to risk downloading it and it has the same controls. When i started playing no.5 the fact i couldn't walk and aim at the same time annoyed the $#@! outta me as does some $#@!in awful camera angles...and don't get me started on sheeva.

Flange.

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Play the demo? No. Simply because i didn't want to risk downloading it and it has the same controls. When i started playing no.5 the fact i couldn't walk and aim at the same time annoyed the $#@! outta me as does some $#@!in awful camera angles...and don't get me started on sheeva.

Flange.
    Well good news, you can walk & slide while shooting lol

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Resident Evil 6 mostly sucks a fat one...mostly...

6. Likes Equinoqs likes this post
    oh resident evil haters, its not yet out then you judge it

Master Genshin
    Capcom put a massive epic story into this game. Anyone who decides not to play it is missing out. Even though the controls can be a little annoying what RE game didn't have some control issues? I applaud them for trying to give fans zombies again and being able to walk and shoot at the same time

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Capcom managed to take everything good from RE5, and completely trash it. This game is horrible!!!!!!

First off, there is no pause button. You can never pause the game, EVER! The only time the game is stopped, is when the chapter is over.

You are always surrounded by other BSAA members who are constantly shooting and talking. It feels like you are always out of ammo and there is never enough.

You can search for blue emblems again, but they removed the treasures. Why the hell would they remove treasures from a Resident Evil game?

Right now the story sucks, the controls are not all that great either. Trying to line up a head shot is a pain in the ass. I know you have to upgrade your character with skill points, but right now this game is just no fun.

Capcom also changed the inventory screen, and not for the better.

I have finished the first chapter, and about half of chapter 2. This does not feel like a Resident Evil game at all. I am sorely disappointed with this game...

If I were to rate the game based off the 2hrs I put in so far, I would give this a 6/10.

EDIT

My original experience was based off the Chris campaign, which seems to be more like that Raccoon City game that recently came out.

I just played chapter 1 of the Leon campaign in co-op (took us 2hrs to finish chapter) and I am totally loving it! I would rate that campaign a 9/10. So it seems that Resident Evil 6 is more like 3 different game styles instead of one awesome one. That is a shame..
    You are right friend and for me, no more Resident Evil its done. This game is bad and even worse.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    puzzles have always been a significant part of the Resident Evil experience. If you started with 5 you were not really exposed to that. There is another campaign that i won't spoil that has some pretty significant puzzle elements in one chapter as well. . Really this game was pretty puzzle light compared to previous entries. as for not knowing what to do i really don't know where you are coming from. I know there is no healthbar, but just shoot until its dead is pretty much all the strategy you need. the weak points are fairly obvious.

THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Yeah I know. But compared to Dead Space, it's not that obvious. Just shoot the bosses - no matter where you hit? This "dinosaur" thing for example... Where to shoot at? At the eye in its mouth? Lol no chance. I just put bombs on the floor and tried to detonate them when the boss was near it. Then I shot the guy and did the QTE with the punching. But the insect for example... The exact order of things you need to do - you can't tell me that you figured it out at your first try. You can do a dash move followed by a QTE where Leon sticks a grenade to the boss' foot. But nothing happens. Then there's this spike that you can stick through a Zombie. And you have to shoot it's weak spots on its feet, and then somehow get it to do whatever with the spike, and then you can actually do some damage by shooting in its face - right? I mean the fly-like boss. The guy, Simmons, transforms into a giant fly/insect. Lol I always wonder where those mutans in Resident Evil get their biomass from. I mean... this guy is "just" a man - infected, yes, but there's a certain amount of matter there. But suddenly, he transforms into a giant beast - out of nothing? He MUST absorb organic material, otherwise he can't grow. He does it (a little bit) when he transforms into the insect, but when you fight him on the train or on the scyscraper... nothing. He just blows up and transforms into this huge thing.

Right now I'm playing as Chris and there's those huge monsters with their weak spots on their backs, BUT: There are two other ones that look exactly the same, but they don't have a weak spot like the others, but have some sort of "cable" sticking out of their backs. Try to shoot this thing while this guy moves... lol it's nearly impossible. I realized that I could shoot him in the eyes, it stuns him a little. But still... it's not that obvious what you need to do and in which order. And believe me, I love challanges in games. I am a big puzzle fan in games, and I didn't say that the puzzles were hard in RE5 or RE6 (lol they aren't even puzzles, but I thought it was annoying because I always thought of RE being more of a action-horror franchise that focuses on horror moments and shooting).

I guess playing the Dead Space franchise got me a little confused while playing Residen Evil 6... because I'm not used anymore to just shoot at a boss, no matter where I hit. In Dead Space, you have to dismember the creatures or shoot specific spots on their bodies.

One thing I have to say is that the game looks absolutely gorgeous. It is beautiful. And it doesn't suck. Capcom put a lot of work into it. There's three major campaigns, and you can play in coop or solo, and if you choose to play as the coop partner, you can reach areas that the "normal" character (Leon, Chris, Jake) couldn't reach. For example, in one Chris mission, the other guy goes sniping while Chris is on a bridge. That's cool. And after completing all three campaigns, you unlock Ada's missions. That's a lot of play-time. And then there's mercenaries, and you can play coop. There's replay value. I don't get why everyone is bashing this game so hard. It's fun, and it looks beautiful. The gameplay is OK. It's not a shooter, and it's not super-clumsy. It has its own style, and I appreciate it. Just take the game for what it is, and don't compare it to games that are 10 years old or whatever. I mean serously - there's people who want to have pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles? Come on...
    The engine is top-notch. You can easily tell that they could make next-gen games with it. The lighting is stunningly beautiful. Very very good graphics. A big improvement over RE5 if you ask me. Chris looks much more believable and realistic. I like the character models - especially the facial animation/mocap and the hair. RE6 has some of the best character models I've seen so far on consoles (yeah, I know, Uncharted2 and 3, GOW3 and Ascension...).

Well, I guess I'm a total RE noob. Need to get more backstory...

Elite Guru
    I haven't played RE since RE3....and even then I felt it was starting to lose itself.
    I played the RE6 demo & tbh...its not RE. Its a glorified action shooter that is in keeping with this generations absolute screw-ups with old favourites.

I could rant all day about how dire the game was as an iteration of the original.
    Even as a stand alone game, I can rant all day by how its just a cookie cutter from all these other mindless shooters this gen.

Would I play it if it was free? Nope...I value the little time I have left in this life far too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video games dont Affect Kids.
    If Pacman had affected us as Kids,
    We'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching Magic pills
    and Listening to repetitive, Electronic music

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by EdoTensei View Post
    Say what?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Well good news, you can walk & slide while shooting lol

Sent via Codec
    Walk and slide? Lol. Sold...

Flange.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Oh maturity, well in my time we had....oh wait

Apprentice
    Spoilers!

Just finished the Chris campaign. I always play as the main character, not the coop character. I started with Leon, now I finished Chris, and now I'll start Jake's campaign.

So far, Chris' campaign was the most enjoyable in terms of story. Leon's was just a little cheesy and didn't make that much sense to me. What motivation did Leon have to do all that $#@!? Just because of Helena? Lol. I thought he had feelings for Ada, who is a $#@!, to be honest. From Chris' perspective, I can't believe how Leon likes Ada. She killed Chris' men mercilessly. Why did she do that? If any RE-fans can bring some clarity into this, I would be thankful.

The end-boss in Chris' campaign was a pain in the ass for me. Don't know why... played on veteran. I had to play the first two campaigns to learn the controls! I didn't even know that you could slide forward and then turn around and aim while still prone. I knew you could slide, but not the turn around thing. And that you could dodge/roll in any direction. Lol... After playing Chris' campaign, my opinion about this game is much better than before.

Even as a RE-newbie who played only RE5, I enjoyed it very much. I can't understand what's sooo bad about this game. Stop $#@!ing around and grow up. The people who say that they could rant all day long... please start! I want to hear it. What things do you dislike so much that RE6 "sucks" in your opinion?

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by EdoTensei View Post
    errr, its been out for quite a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Yeah I know. But compared to Dead Space, it's not that obvious. Just shoot the bosses - no matter where you hit? This "dinosaur" thing for example... Where to shoot at? At the eye in its mouth? Lol no chance. I just put bombs on the floor and tried to detonate them when the boss was near it. Then I shot the guy and did the QTE with the punching. But the insect for example... The exact order of things you need to do - you can't tell me that you figured it out at your first try. You can do a dash move followed by a QTE where Leon sticks a grenade to the boss' foot. But nothing happens. Then there's this spike that you can stick through a Zombie. And you have to shoot it's weak spots on its feet, and then somehow get it to do whatever with the spike, and then you can actually do some damage by shooting in its face - right? I mean the fly-like boss. The guy, Simmons, transforms into a giant fly/insect. Lol I always wonder where those mutans in Resident Evil get their biomass from. I mean... this guy is "just" a man - infected, yes, but there's a certain amount of matter there. But suddenly, he transforms into a giant beast - out of nothing? He MUST absorb organic material, otherwise he can't grow. He does it (a little bit) when he transforms into the insect, but when you fight him on the train or on the scyscraper... nothing. He just blows up and transforms into this huge thing.

Right now I'm playing as Chris and there's those huge monsters with their weak spots on their backs, BUT: There are two other ones that look exactly the same, but they don't have a weak spot like the others, but have some sort of "cable" sticking out of their backs. Try to shoot this thing while this guy moves... lol it's nearly impossible. I realized that I could shoot him in the eyes, it stuns him a little. But still... it's not that obvious what you need to do and in which order. And believe me, I love challanges in games. I am a big puzzle fan in games, and I didn't say that the puzzles were hard in RE5 or RE6 (lol they aren't even puzzles, but I thought it was annoying because I always thought of RE being more of a action-horror franchise that focuses on horror moments and shooting).

I guess playing the Dead Space franchise got me a little confused while playing Residen Evil 6... because I'm not used anymore to just shoot at a boss, no matter where I hit. In Dead Space, you have to dismember the creatures or shoot specific spots on their bodies.

One thing I have to say is that the game looks absolutely gorgeous. It is beautiful. And it doesn't suck. Capcom put a lot of work into it. There's three major campaigns, and you can play in coop or solo, and if you choose to play as the coop partner, you can reach areas that the "normal" character (Leon, Chris, Jake) couldn't reach. For example, in one Chris mission, the other guy goes sniping while Chris is on a bridge. That's cool. And after completing all three campaigns, you unlock Ada's missions. That's a lot of play-time. And then there's mercenaries, and you can play coop. There's replay value. I don't get why everyone is bashing this game so hard. It's fun, and it looks beautiful. The gameplay is OK. It's not a shooter, and it's not super-clumsy. It has its own style, and I appreciate it. Just take the game for what it is, and don't compare it to games that are 10 years old or whatever. I mean serously - there's people who want to have pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles? Come on...
    The engine is top-notch. You can easily tell that they could make next-gen games with it. The lighting is stunningly beautiful. Very very good graphics. A big improvement over RE5 if you ask me. Chris looks much more believable and realistic. I like the character models - especially the facial animation/mocap and the hair. RE6 has some of the best character models I've seen so far on consoles (yeah, I know, Uncharted2 and 3, GOW3 and Ascension...).

Well, I guess I'm a total RE noob. Need to get more backstory...

Ada is the $#@! in the red dress lol. My two cents, wait to play all campaigns and these questions will be answered for you. As for Leon's motivation he has always been the boyscout save the world type. It's actually one of the qualities Ada finds endearing about him. They have a complex realationship I'll just leave it at that. Now leon has been a friend/advisor to the president for a while so learning the events behind the university attack is the motivation in the beginning then his boyscout nature kicks in.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    I finally got around to playing the PS3 version, i am playing the Leon campaign split screen coop.

My impressions so far:

The bad:
    I dislike the skill system, i liked the old system a lot more (upgrade your favorite gun etc..), settings for P2 is reseted each time you launch the game, P2 cant spend his own skill points, inventory system sucks more then RE5.

All in all, i am enjoying this game more then RE5, it has better combat system (can finally move and shoot), better boss fights and the general atmosphere in the game is great

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Hopefully for RE7 they go back to the shop system, or at the very least RE5s.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I really just want this dude back.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I really just want this dude back.

Knowing Capcom you can have him the game but you'll have to buy it a high price!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Knowing Capcom you can have him the game but you'll have to buy it a high price!
    Only $29.99 on PSN/LIVE I heard...
    Be Together - Not the same.

I like resident evil 6 just like I like all the rest I'm gladthey moved forward times change games change an move forward just like ppl I'm glad they decided not to stay the same old stuff from previous games I'm a gameri enjoyed the story just like final fantasy ppl cry get over it it moved on I happen to like moving on an forward i'm just saying

Apprentice

I think it's great...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The only thing that I didn't like about re5 was that you could farm items by playing the chapters over and over. Is it still in the game?

Power Member
    I've played all the Resident Evils and for the most part have loved them all, even RE5, it's a game that does co-op right. Played this last night with Deadpool and holy fkc does it suck the fat one. Graphics are terrible, it's INSANELY dark, there are areas where you can't tell if anything is coming at you, if it's part of the scenary or an unlit area you can go, it's terribly. The aiming is atrocious as well.

Thread Information