Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Only $29.99 on PSN/LIVE I heard...
    I hear it is going to be free for PS+ members very soon.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Gamestop is giving $42.50 in credit for this game. So long RE6!!!!!!!!

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Gamestop is giving $42.50 in credit for this game. So long RE6!!!!!!!!
    That's not bad. Is that price with some kind of promo?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by EatSleepAndPlay View Post
    That's not bad. Is that price with some kind of promo?
    Not sure. I called up and they said they are giving that much for the game. I am jumping on that deal first thing in the morning. This game will drop to $20 quickly and I will buy it back then.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    this games a waste of money, wait till black friday when its 30 bucks

Apprentice
    Seriously, some people need to grow up. What do you want? Fixed camera angles, pre-rendered backgrounds and no aminig mechanics? Stiff combat and nothing but zombies?

I thought Capcom did a great job with RE6. There's so much content, plenty of great cutscenes (they are like a movie - very good cutscenes), the gameplay feels fluid enough yet has a little heavy feel to it which gives the gameplay itself some "atmosphere". The concept of four campaigns with the fourth bringing sense into the story is great. First you get to play three different campaigns, each with a unique style and missions. They intersect too - which is a great way to integrate coop with more than just 2 players. I really like this concept. And each campaign is like a piece of a puzzle. And then comes Ada's campaign. It strings all the otheres together and gives you this "AHA!" moment where everything makes much more sense. I thought it was brilliant.

I don't know what your standard is, and what games you guys play, but this game is good. I don't get why there's so much ridicule and hate for it. Let the old RE's be... that's the past. Now is 2012, and seriously - what would you make of it other than a third-person shooter? Not a shooter like Gears or Uncharted, but more like Dead Space. Well, it's a mix between the Dead Space style and the Gears/Uncharted style. Throw in some crazy and creative monster design, and the package is very entertaining.

Seriously... go back, learn all the controls and play the game on a harder difficulty. It's fun. Play offline, or with somebody on PSN, or with a friend offline splitscreen or online. I played offline and it was a great gaming experience. Again: I just don't get it. Why all the ridicule and hate for RE6? If someone can explain to me why, I'd be thankful. Tell me what exactly it is that sucks so much. I'm serious, please tell me, I want to know. As a person who's first RE was RE5, I don't know the old titles and all the backstory (I know some of it, but not all of course), my view on it is that every fan should be happy about what they've done with it now (RE6). RE5 was more about finding a new style. But in RE6, they got it right. A little more tweaking, and RE7 will be even better. RE5 was annoying at times, but also fun at times. But the gameplay mechanics and the coop-mechanics, combined with the AI (the game was unplayable in SP for me - you were literally forced to play RE5 in coop with a friend) were just... I don't know - they should've taken another year and tweaked the hell out of it until they got gameplay similar to RE6. But that's called evolution. Games evolve, and I don't get it why fans of the series don't appreciate that RE moved from pre-rendered backgrounds, no aiming mechanics, ****ty gameplay and fixed camera angles to a game with great TPS gameplay, beautiful graphics and great sound, and an implementation of coop into the story that I think is a lot of fun. Also, the concept of the four-campaigns-story that kind of represents a puzzle where the last piece gives you the perfect picture is also very nice.

But whatever... I'm going back to Darksiders 2 right now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    Seriously, some people need to grow up. What do you want? Fixed camera angles, pre-rendered backgrounds and no aminig mechanics? Stiff combat and nothing but zombies?
    Uhhhh, ya.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Uhhhh, ya.
    there is just no place in modern gaming for something like that. I've played RE since RE 3 and have since gone back and played the earlier ones. I can understand the since of nostalgia of playing your favorite games and wanting the same game with new story graphics w/e. but seriously, if any game released tank controls and slow combat now it would be awful. RE6 is a solid game. its not the greatest game this year, its not the greatest game in the series but its fun in its own right. Leon's campaign is spooky and dark and feels like resident evil with slicker controls and smoother gameplay. If you don't like chris' don't play it.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Apprentice
    Uhhhh, ya.
    You really mean that, right?

We have 2012, and in a few months, 2013. It's not 1998. Almost 15 years have passed since the PSone RE debut, as far as I know. And you want all that stuff back in a modern game? That's ridiculous, and that's why I don't take any (no offense) fanboys serious. Be it Sony, Microsoft, or particular games, like RE or DMC.

Enjoy games just as they are, and you'll have a lot more fun. And to be honest, I thought RE6 was the best yet. Gameplay wise you can't deny it. Also the story - how it was put together - and of course, the well made cutscenes. I watched a walkthrough of RE4 (parts of it). I won't watch or play older REs because it's just too old for me. I can understand that if you played a franchise right from the beginning, you have that feeling of nostalgia and this "love" for the games you had so much fun with. But games evolve, and we have to adapt, and vice versa. I want better games with slicker controls. And RE6 has a good mix of slick controls, but with a heavy feel to it, so that it doesn't feel like a third person SHOOTER. It's a third person action-horror shooting game - and I'm absolutely fine with it.

People complain about the shooting in RE games - and nowadays even in the Dead Space series. But... LOL... how do you want to bring those beasts down? Yell at them? Use your swiss army knife that you bought at Walmart? You need a freaking shotgun, pistols, assault rifles, and all the fire power you can get!

I'm sure you agree on that. So now we have to ask ourselves: How do we integrate firearms to shoot the Zombies and mutants and make a fun game? We don't want to make a first person shooter. Right! Let's make a third person action-horror game with a lot of shooting. But it's not a third person shooter. A TPS would be Gears Of War or Spec Ops: The Line. Just like Dead Space. It's also third person and action-horror, but not a shooter. You get the idea.
    Last edited by MBS D@v!d; 10-22-2012 at 08:03.

Superior Member
    ^ I agree. Although I don't think fixed camera angles and things like that are necessarily outdated. They can still be used effectively. But RE has changed as a series, and I'm sure some of these "fans" would still be complaining if Capcom reused the same formula for 15 years.

I think some people need to realize what the ultimate goal of Umbrella was. And that is to create the perfect superhuman. As the series progresses, obviously so will the enemies and the viruses. To have nothing but zombies is inconsistent with the actual storyline. This is why enemies now have guns and are fairly intelligent.

Also, they're no longer trying to "survive" in a mansion. The BSAA was established, a military-esque anti-bioterrorism force. Of COURSE they're going to be armed. Of course there will be action. They're trying to fight a global conflict. Dumb, shambling zombies aren't my idea of a perfected species.

11. Likes MBS D@v!d wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Stiff combat and nothing but zombies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    To have nothing but zombies is inconsistent with the actual storyline.
    No resident evil game had just zombies. Not even Resident Evil 1.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I watched a walkthrough of RE4 (parts of it). I won't watch or play older REs because it's just too old for me.
    The thing about Resident Evil is that it used to be about survival horror. You can't tell us to get with the times if you don't want to understand what made the first four games memorable in the first place.

If your idea of a better game is having to unload 4-5 rounds into the cranium of a dumb, shambling zombie to take it down then leave me out of it. Bottom-line is that Capcom doesn't know what it wants to do with the series. Why do you think Resident Evil 6 had three different campaigns?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    But RE has changed as a series, and I'm sure some of these "fans" would still be complaining if Capcom reused the same formula for 15 years.
    Do you think some Final Fantasy fans would still be complaining if Square Enix reused the same formula for the past 25 years?
    Last edited by Black; 10-22-2012 at 11:38.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Uhhhh, ya.
    I'd like to see devs make such game, and when the 2012 audience (who are mostly spoiled 13 year olds) doesn't buy it and the dev studio goes bankrupt maybe then people will get the point.

Inducing tension through deliberate broken mechanics is an outdated way.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Finished the Leon campaign a few days ago, my biggest issue with the game is that the XP system is such a step back from the older system in my opinion, i loved upgrading my favorite gun, now you are stuck with 3 general skills instead, its a shame really.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Apprentice
    yeah, i tried my brother's copy, hate the controls, nothing to write home about...
    Last edited by lee___radio; 10-22-2012 at 19:12.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I love those saying we should not have fixed camera angles because it is not 1998 anymore lol. Never knew camera angles and pre-rendered backgrounds were only meant for a certain decade. I bet if they made games like they did in 1998, we would not be in this thread reading about all the complaints.....

But what do I know, I only played through every single RE game multiple times..

Guess we should just forget about the side scrolling games too! That is soooooooooooo 1985!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I agree with the side scrollers. I play them now I think "WHY the f*ck did I like these?!"

Except for Mario, cuz that is timeless

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    No resident evil game had just zombies. Not even Resident Evil 1.
    That's besides the point. I'm talking about those who say things like, "Its not RE without zombies", or, "Bring zombies back, enemies with guns are stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Do you think some Final Fantasy fans would still be complaining if Square Enix reused the same formula for the past 25 years?
    Some people will always find things to complain about.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I agree with the side scrollers. I play them now I think "WHY the f*ck did I like these?!"

Except for Mario, cuz that is timeless
    Every single time I see your name, this pops in to my head. I know, it is off topic. My thread my rules!!!! lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    The GameCube knew how to update Resident Evil correctly. Capcom is just trying to get CoD money. RE6 is a poor game in general, not just a poor survival-horror game or Resident Evil game.

Shut up and play games

22. Likes Lethal wishes they had posted this first.

I agree I've played all Resident Evils 1-6 an feel like times move on games change like ppl change I like progression just like final fantasy's progression I like the new games

Forum Sage
    Older Resident Evil games had more than just zombies.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Older Resident Evil games had more than just zombies.
    Yeah I know, but I meant that people are complaining about the J'avo and their "intelligence". They can wield a weapon, and oldschool RE fans don't like this fact.

@Blacksite: Why RE6 had FOUR different campaigns? Because this is a fresh and new (I'm not saying it hasn't been used before, but I haven't played a game so far that has used it) way of telling a story. You get to see the story of four different perspectives, but the fourth and final piece of the puzzle is unlocked only after you finished the first three campaigns which give you a good picture of what is going on, but not the whole picture. It's like a puzzle with a magical last piece that reveals the entire picture. And that's Ada's campaign. I thought the storytelling was very clever and cool. I liked it a lot.

The Leon level where he says "welcome to the center of the Earth" was tiresome... didn't like it. But mostly, the game is great. I liked it a lot and I'll replay it again on professional. Played on veteran the first time. I died a lot, but the most deaths occured during quick time events that I didn't notice fast enough. During the motorbike sequence for example... These quick time events were a little annoying, I have to admit.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1solidsnake View Post
    this games a waste of money, wait till black friday when its 30 bucks
    If it's a waste of money, why buy it for half off?

Apprentice
    Ok, why don't we end this thread here and finish with this thought:

1.) If you like the game or what you see in gameplay videos, play it.
    2.) If you don't like it, don't play it and stop hating.

Thread Information