Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    You really mean that, right?

We have 2012, and in a few months, 2013. It's not 1998. Almost 15 years have passed since the PSone RE debut, as far as I know. And you want all that stuff back in a modern game? That's ridiculous, and that's why I don't take any (no offense) fanboys serious. Be it Sony, Microsoft, or particular games, like RE or DMC.

Enjoy games just as they are, and you'll have a lot more fun. And to be honest, I thought RE6 was the best yet. Gameplay wise you can't deny it. Also the story - how it was put together - and of course, the well made cutscenes. I watched a walkthrough of RE4 (parts of it). I won't watch or play older REs because it's just too old for me. I can understand that if you played a franchise right from the beginning, you have that feeling of nostalgia and this "love" for the games you had so much fun with. But games evolve, and we have to adapt, and vice versa. I want better games with slicker controls. And RE6 has a good mix of slick controls, but with a heavy feel to it, so that it doesn't feel like a third person SHOOTER. It's a third person action-horror shooting game - and I'm absolutely fine with it.

People complain about the shooting in RE games - and nowadays even in the Dead Space series. But... LOL... how do you want to bring those beasts down? Yell at them? Use your swiss army knife that you bought at Walmart? You need a freaking shotgun, pistols, assault rifles, and all the fire power you can get!

I'm sure you agree on that. So now we have to ask ourselves: How do we integrate firearms to shoot the Zombies and mutants and make a fun game? We don't want to make a first person shooter. Right! Let's make a third person action-horror game with a lot of shooting. But it's not a third person shooter. A TPS would be Gears Of War or Spec Ops: The Line. Just like Dead Space. It's also third person and action-horror, but not a shooter. You get the idea.
    I completely agree. The points you bring up are all ones I was thinking the whole time I played RE6. BTW, I'm on the Chris campaign at the end boss! Awesome design, even if it's kicking my *ss! All the complaining reminds me of the SOCOM series and the fans that were so pissed when they changed it. But, the difference was that the fans were right on the money. I own and have beaten all of the games in the RE series and I find RE6 to be fantastic. It's quicker just like I wanted the game to be and finally you can walk or run and shoot! The action is great, the controls are good, and quite frankly, I don't get people crying because they took the treasures out. WTF were they really good for anyway? Another great thing about he game is that I'm only on the second chapter and I have 22 hours in! I'm going slow (Don't have the time like I used to!). But man, you get a lot of content for your money, and I'll argue that with anyone. This one is right up there with some of my most enjoyed games this generation. BTW, Can't wait for Dead Space 3, and Aliens Colonial marines. MBSdavis Hit me up on the PSN if you want, I'd like to Coop when I'm done doing the SP campaigns offline.

2. Likes MBS D@v!d likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    The biggest problem is not that "Resident Evil 6" isn't like the earlier games...the biggest problem is that it's called "Resident Evil 6". There is no suspense, tension or scares. It isn't survival-horror, which the older games were. It is on the same level as a "Metal Gear Solid" game with no stealth, or a "CoD: Modern Warfare" game with no online modes - the 'soul' of the series is missing.

Shut up and play games

Apprentice
    So the older games were "survival horror"... This is just my opinion: For "survival horror" to really suck you in, you have to build up atmosphere, and and for ME: You need a certain level of audiovisual quality to deliver this experience. Even some of the PS2 RE's are ridiculous to look at. The first "(action-) surviva-horror" game that sucked me in was Dead Space. It was the first time a game had the audiovisual presentation that really got me. I couldn't stop playing.

I'm not a long term RE fan, so maybe I am making a fool of myself here. But I can't believe that the games from 1998-2002 or so are better than RE6.

The soul of the series... As far as I know, RE has changed more than any other franchise. From fixed, NON-prerendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles to pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles, to on-rail shooting, to third person action-adventure+survival-horror. The better term for such games is "action-survival-horror", as they all have shooting in them.
    I thought that RE6 has done a great job of mixing all the favourite characters of RE into one, nice game. One could argue that it's too many protagonists for one game, but no. That's why they chose the 4-part story with the fourth part getting unlocked after you've played the first three. It's a very simple way of storytelling, but I have never played a game that featured it, so I thought it was fresh and new, and really cool. RE6's story felt like a really big, long puzzle to me.
    Last edited by MBS D@v!d; 10-28-2012 at 18:02.

Forum Sage
    MBS - I don't think many Resident Evil fans are expecting Capcom to create a game exactly like the previous entries.

They failed to modernize Resident Evil in a way where the series does not lose it's identity and is still fresh and familiar.
    Last edited by sainraja; 10-29-2012 at 01:20.

Apprentice
    Oh ok. So it's not about the basic gameplay mechanics and the story, storytelling, graphics, audio and all the other stuff - it's the feeling you get while playing - it's different. Hmm I don't know the older RE's, so I guess I'm not qualified to talk any further.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I just hope Capcom looks at these reviews and finally understands that the majority want their old Resident Evil back. There are plenty of zombie games like this one. For me this was clearly the worst one in the entry.

In order, my favorites.

Resident Evil (Gamecube)
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil: Zero
    Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil 6

The last 3 entries are in my bottom spots. Go back to what we all fell in love with. PUZZLES and more scare tactics. Resident Evil 2 was the best with the scare tactics. That sob would bust out of a wall without warning. I miss those days!
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-29-2012 at 04:47.

8. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Graphics do not a survival-horror game make.

Shut up and play games

Resi 5 bad realy bad resi 6 horrendous

11. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    The survival horror genre is practicably dead.
    Resident Evil lost it, Silent Hill lost it, Fatal Frame is m.i.a. or weird 3DS games. Im not sure I havent looked.
    Some people try to claim Dead Space as survival horror. Its not, its action horror, like resident evil 4 and 5.
    Amnesia the Dark Descent is the only descent one I can think of in the last 5 years.

13. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Elite Member
    they turn it into gears of war/ghost recon. The camera/control is the real horror in the game...

its not a survival horror anymore, they destroy the unique factor of this game

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    Amnesia the Dark Descent is the only descent one I can think of in the last 5 years.
    I see what you did there...

Shut up and play games

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    People in this generation are too opinionated. This reminds me of FFXIII lol.

Thread Information