Page 1 of 8 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Resident Evil 6 sucks! Mostly...

Capcom managed to take everything good from RE5, and completely trash it. This game is horrible!!!!!!

First off, there is no pause button. You can never pause the game, EVER! The only time the game is stopped, is when the chapter is over.

You are always surrounded by other BSAA members who are constantly shooting and talking. It feels like you are always out of ammo and there is never enough.

You can search for blue emblems again, but they removed the treasures. Why the hell would they remove treasures from a Resident Evil game?

Right now the story sucks, the controls are not all that great either. Trying to line up a head shot is a pain in the ass. I know you have to upgrade your character with skill points, but right now this game is just no fun.

Capcom also changed the inventory screen, and not for the better.

I have finished the first chapter, and about half of chapter 2. This does not feel like a Resident Evil game at all. I am sorely disappointed with this game...

If I were to rate the game based off the 2hrs I put in so far, I would give this a 6/10.

EDIT

My original experience was based off the Chris campaign, which seems to be more like that Raccoon City game that recently came out.

I just played chapter 1 of the Leon campaign in co-op (took us 2hrs to finish chapter) and I am totally loving it! I would rate that campaign a 9/10. So it seems that Resident Evil 6 is more like 3 different game styles instead of one awesome one. That is a shame..
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-03-2012 at 05:30.

2. Likes daLa, sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    You could pause the game in the demo....that's weird that you can't in the final release.

Otherwise, agreed.....the game sucks. I only played the demo though....
    Last edited by sainraja; 10-02-2012 at 23:29.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Capcom managed to take everything good from RE5, and completely trash it. This game is horrible!!!!!!

First off, there is no pause button. You can never pause the game, EVER! The only time the game is stopped, is when the chapter is over.

You are always surrounded by other BSAA members who are constantly shooting and talking. It feels like you are always out of ammo and there is never enough.

You can search for blue emblems again, but they removed the treasures. Why the hell would they remove treasures from a Resident Evil game?

Right now the story sucks, the controls are not all that great either. Trying to line up a head shot is a pain in the ass. I know you have to upgrade your character with skill points, but right now this game is just no fun.

Capcom also changed the inventory screen, and not for the better.

I have finished the first chapter, and about half of chapter 2. This does not feel like a Resident Evil game at all. I am sorely disappointed with this game...

If I were to rate the game based off the 2hrs I put in so far, I would give this a 6/10.
    I liked Leon's campaign but the others i played but didn't finish. They weren't that good from what i seen and the action sequences were annoying.I also felt falling down and being able to survive sucked to.(COD mode)We know when you get attacked by a zombie and fall you're done. I would rate the game a 7.5 and that's just because Leon's mode saved the game in the little bit it did.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I watched a stream of it (Leon) and I'm glad I watched it. Saved wasting my money on that. I loved RE5 too. I put hours in to that game and even got a platinum trophy for it. Disappointed heavily with RE6.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Looks like I'll be playing Max Payne 3 instead. Havent gotten around to that game yet. Lethal just saved me some money.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Could've told you this before the game was even announced.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

8. Likes Shibby , Ghost likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You could pause the game in the demo....that's weird that you can't in the final release.

Otherwise, agreed.....the game sucks. I only played the demo though....
    Yeah, the demo really gave off the impression that this wasn't Resident Evil. It took 4-5 headshots to kill a zombie, despite it being the weak point.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-02-2012 at 23:53.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by LongDongJunon
    I almost forgot how big Fina's donk was.

10. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Yeah, the demo really gave off the impression that this wasn't Resident Evil. It took 4-5 headshots to kill a zombie, despite it being the weak point.
    That really pissed me off.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Didn't get to play the demo but this doesn't surprise me. I will reserve judgement for when I play it but I doubt ill feel any different..

The lack of a pause menu boggles my mind. It might be worse than a lack of inverse controls.

Selected Members Council
    From what I've heard, you can pause the game if you're playing offline. It doesn't seem to work when you're online. Makes sense because you had the option to play the demo either online or offline and I chose the latter.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by LongDongJunon
    I almost forgot how big Fina's donk was.

Veteran
    Thanks for sharing Lethal, thanks to yours, some other reviews and the demo I'm sure I can pass on this game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Thanks for sharing Lethal, thanks to yours, some other reviews and the demo I'm sure I can pass on this game.
    No problem. I just do not understand why Capcom would stray away from what made RE4 and RE5 so amazing.

16. Likes daLa likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    No problem. I just do not understand why Capcom would stray away from what made RE4 and RE5 so amazing.
    I think all developers have have these problems. They try something new and try to shake things up and it usually doesn't turn out right.(Resident evil 5)Then they have there fans complaining about going back to there roots and they didn't do good with these last game and they spent a year or 2 on a new style game and probably forget about what made them great. Then you start questioning yourself and try to make another game but everything you do after that makes you nervous due to the failure of the last game. I couldn't imagine what these guys go through everyday making a game.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

18. Likes Wrath likes this post
    PSN ID
    Jet_Cobra
    I actually loved the RE6 demo, granted I`ve only ever played RE5 so I have only a slight clue of how much the series has changed from the 4th game since the first 3 were completely different. I won`t pick this game up till Friday when I get paid but hey to each his own opinion I guess.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    when i 1st saw this game i know its going to suck

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    LMAO, when this game was first announced I said it probably won't live up to expectations. RE is pretty much dead now.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    LMAO, when this game was first announced I said it probably won't live up to expectations. RE is pretty much dead now.
    Wow is it really that bad i wanna play it just to see how bad it is, im going to rent it

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Lol me and my friend enjoyed the demo for it

though why is no pausing a con? Dont tell me you skipped the souls games cause you cant pause >.>
    Last edited by Fenix; 10-03-2012 at 04:30.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Looks like I'm waiting 'til its cheap...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Seriously, $#@! you capcom! They have just slapped Resident Evil branding on a $#@!ty ass generic third person shooter. I hope this game fails and the series dies. Resident Evil has itself become like a zombie, just a dead ass rotting ugly piece of $#@!, which was once an awesome and respectable game. Now it wonders around aimlessly, retarded and doing $#@! all. Nice work capcom! love what your doing, on disc DLC and IP raping. Way to go.

26. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Tell em how it is Ghost! lol seriously though after hearing all this negative feedback I'd still like to try it firsthand.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    They need to go back to RE1, 2 or 3. Plenty of action but still keeps the survival alive.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Ok finally got to play the demo, probably should be in the demo thread lol..wasn't terrible but on the other hand definately wasn't RE. Cover system got in my way a little too much and being an accurate shot didn't really reward you.. If the demo is any indication of the full game than will honestly wait till real cheap.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Ok I want to retract a little on my original post. I was playing the Chris campaign which is more like that Raccoon City game that came out. If you play as Leon, the game is totally awesome! It has zombies and is very creepy. Why couldn't the entire game be based off Leon? His campaign kicks so much ass!!!!!

Ancient
    Chris's campaign Lethal?
    Sadly I can't say you should of started on another first because Chris's Chapter 1&2 is the beginning
    But its also the most action packed, ammo-less and less Resi out of the 3
    But it does get more Resi in chapter 3
    Leons campaign is well...its RE4 set in RE2 obviously the best out the 3 and and Jakes is good too, Thats more RE5-4 ish imo
    I said it in the other thread, the reviews are talking verbal diarrhea, and some people are being sheep
    I know what Capcom is doing, and its pretty easy to tell Leons campaign is the future of RE due to the responses lol
    And its start to pause, don't make me take a picture

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information