Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

what career do you like and dislike the most?

Okay, i was sitting here day dreaming about careers because i don't want to work around here all my life. I wanna start off with careers i respect but wouldn't do.
    1. Doctors I think it's the most important job in the world and i give all doctors credit. I think they do amazing things and i'm glad we have them. I read the amount of years they have to do to become one and it's dedication.

2. Physics you have to be crazy smart to even do this. I think the drop out rate is like 50 percent. They don't save lives like doctors, but i think the smartest people are in this area.

[B]Careers i don't like like.[B]
    psychology I know people have problems and need help but i don't think anyone should get paid that high for doing it. We all have problems and we talk to our friends and random strangers on PSU. It doesn't make us a psychologist.

Lawyers. This is a job that i think is really good but it has that exception that makes me hate it. What if you defend a killer because the evidence adds up? I mean you could let anyone go and they could go kill someone and i know for me, it would make me feel partially to blame.

The ones that i like the most.

Video game designers this of course will be biased because i'm grew playin' video games and always dreamed of making games.It's like your thoughts come alive on a disc.

Marine biologist I would love to travel and study marine animals. Then i could say i was a water gym leader.

So what are favorites? Also, which ones do you dislike?

edit: damn it's late. I need to go to bed! Last thread i swear!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I love the career of anyone who gets paid to travel and work. That would be my dream job. I wanna get paid travelling around the world, experiencing different cultures and foods. In my case, I would shoot it and make documentaries..travel documentaries.

Careers I dislike? Easy, anything that requires me to be way too social with people. I don't like dealing with strangers. I don't like talking to strangers.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    You hate lawyers? cmon! We aren't that bad.... when i was practicing with the Public defenders office i was always stuck with "guilty" people LMAO... The only lawyers i cant stand are personal injury attorneys those guys are scumbags and rip people off..

Its hard to imagine how a career is without experiencing it....I could never be a doctor i hate hospitals i hate being at them....just don't like them lol...but in the medical field you will always have a job so thats a plus...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    In before cops get put on the dislike list.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I love the career of anyone who gets paid to travel and work. That would be my dream job. I wanna get paid travelling around the world, experiencing different cultures and foods. In my case, I would shoot it and make documentaries..travel documentaries.

Careers I dislike? Easy, anything that requires me to be way too social with people. I don't like dealing with strangers. I don't like talking to strangers.
    So no communications for you? I know a guy from work that works on electric power plants and gets to travel the world.I believe you can do it.

Dang, devious, i didn't know you were a lawyer!Also, i agree with the experiencing a field before judging. I like the concept of a lawyer but not how they execute it. I'm glad i don't have to mess around with them.

@Matrix, As long as F34R isn't lurking. I think they do wonderful jobs. I wouldn't prefer it but i'm glad there around. I know there's a lot of hate surrounding cops with the constant bombarding of negative videos. They risk there life everyday for us and i think it's honorable. I have met some of the greatest people ever and there cops. I have had my bad ones but everyone is not peachy about everything.
    Last edited by Silvy; 10-03-2012 at 07:57.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    So no communications for you? I know a guy from work that works on electric power plants and gets to travel the world.I believe you can do it.

Dang, devious, i didn't know you were a lawyer!Also, i agree with the experiencing a field before judging. I like the concept of a lawyer but not how they execute it. I'm glad i don't have to mess around with them.

@Matrix, As long as F34R isn't lurking. I think they do wonderful jobs. I wouldn't prefer it but i'm glad there around. I know there's a lot of hate surrounding cops with the constant bombarding of negative videos. They risk there life everyday for us and i think it's honorable. I have met some of the greatest people ever and there cops. I have had my bad ones but everyone is not peachy about everything.
    F34R hasn't posted in weeks.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    F34R hasn't posted in weeks.
    I know he said something like he's leaving and using the chatbox as his official resignation. He'll be back and he's probably just hiding in the shadows. I know i did when i supposedly left.

Matrix what do you do for a living? I've been interested for a while and meant to ask you because you seem intelligent.

Forum Sage
    I know he said something like he's leaving and using the chatbox as his official resignation. He'll be back and he's probably just hiding in the shadows. I know i did when i supposedly left.

Matrix what do you do for a living? I've been interested for a while and meant to ask you because you seem intelligent.
    I"m a student of sorts, currently trying to get into law school.

Master Guru
    I"m a student of sorts, currently trying to get into law school.
    How much do they make a year? I'm not sure but they do get paid handsomely, right?

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Easy.

Best: Astronaut. Give NASA more funding, please.

Worst: Politician. All scumbags.

11. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Easy.

Best: Astronaut. Give NASA more funding, please.

Worst: Politician. All scumbags.
    I forgot about a astronaut. It takes guts to that and very few become astronauts. Agreed on the politician.

Forum Sage
    How much do they make a year? I'm not sure but they do get paid handsomely, right?
    Depends on the type of lawyer and how good they are. You can find dirt poor lawyers and filthy rich lawyers all around the US.

Master Guru
    Depends on the type of lawyer and how good they are. You can find dirt poor lawyers and filthy rich lawyers all around the US.
    I thought they got bonuses if they won and just got paid a yearly amount.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I like:Musician/Producer like I said before I wanna be a trance artist.
    I dislike:Mainly desk jobs lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    Isn't designing games kinda a desk job...?

“Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!” (Super Mario Bros.)
    "Why not take a break? You can pause the game by pressing +." (Wii Sports)
    “It’s super effective!” (Pokemon series)

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by UberZman View Post
    Isn't designing games kinda a desk job...?
    I mean paperwork,taking calls and all that lol.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    Yes, agreed.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I thought they got bonuses if they won and just got paid a yearly amount.
    Depends on what type of law you practice. Criminal lawyers make decent money it can range from 40k to 100k annually. Also depends on your location type of clients ect....When I was a public defender I was only making around 45k and if I got favorable judgments I would get incentives like 60 to 350 bucks each case but typically you had 80 to 120 cases open at any given time and 70% of the time its impossible to get a "favorable" judgment. Over worked underpaid so I quit when I found my current job they were looking for a business major with a legal background and paid almost double and a lot less work lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I mean paperwork,taking calls and all that lol.
    I think that's exactly what your going to end up doing brah lol That's pretty much my job lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    Hmm...sounds like a dream job to me.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I think that's exactly what your going to end up doing brah lol That's pretty much my job lmao
    Lol I'll try my best not to get a job like that. Knowing karma I probably will end up working some sort of deskjob.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Desk jobs are bad bro....Ever since college thats all ive hard while i was in college i worked all warehouse jobs because of the night hours. My brother always ask me how do i do it...Once im at work i just go brain dead so im not really there LMAO but you have to have your out of work hobbies and things to do. I got my house so thats always a hobby doing things to it and buying things for it but my current house is almost done so im def going to buy a car strictly for me to messing around it and maybe get back into road racing with or the drag strip....

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    You get paid to be on PSU though..
    Lol seriously though you don't have to tell me twice. Good money though.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    exactly LMAO....I get paid to play Mario Kart 7 be on PSU cant complain LMAO I realized early in my college days im never going to have a career that im going to LOVE and its not gonna feel like work but I like Money and money makes things possible so i KNEW i wanted to make decent money so i could have a house a couple cars and money put away in the bank.

I mean yes some people get lucky and get that career they love and all that but thats rare if you find it great for you but im just a realist when i was 14 or 15 I wanted to be a video game designer once i looked into it and got the dynamics of it i didnt want to do it.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

26. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    exactly LMAO....I get paid to play Mario Kart 7 be on PSU cant complain LMAO I realized early in my college days im never going to have a career that im going to LOVE and its not gonna feel like work but I like Money and money makes things possible so i KNEW i wanted to make decent money so i could have a house a couple cars and money put away in the bank.

I mean yes some people get lucky and get that career they love and all that but thats rare if you find it great for you but im just a realist when i was 14 or 15 I wanted to be a video game designer once i looked into it and got the dynamics of it i didnt want to do it.
    Agreed. Very few get to do what they want to do. I would be happy with having a marine biologist degree and even if it doesn't fall through, i would be comfortable working at a aquarium here in NC. I think that would be amazing to work penguins, dolphins, seals. The only thing i will not work with it is sharks. I'll let them know from the start.

As for a video game designer it's one of things i dream of doing. Even if i couldn't get a job then i would be happy just having it hang on my wall.

Thread Information