Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    what else is their? Really, I have Live and nothing else comes to mind o_O?
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...tation-Network

HTH

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Why not? You can get all those game including new releases from gamefly. Well, the ones available on disk at least.

I understand the worth of PS+for many people. I've had it from the start. Like I said it was nice for me from the start, but as of late not so much. At least not for me. I'm essentially just paying for cloud storage, auto updates, trophy sync and discounts on some games which discounts and maybe cloud storage aside really should be free anyways.

As for live, what % of people do you honestly think would pay for a gold sub if MS left the online gaming and in game chat free and gold was for all of their other benefits like cross game chat, Netflix ( which I honestly don't understand why u need gold to use to begin with since you already pay for Netflix... it you didn't have to pay for nf n it was part of Live I would understand...) what else is their? Really, I have Live and nothing else comes to mind o_O?
    Sorry, I meant have new games as free or discounted games on there. On your other point though, they should have all the games there to purchase.

At a lowered (still competitive) price too. Something no service but Steam has gotten right with digital distribution.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Sorry, I meant have new games as free or discounted games on there. On your other point though, they should have all the games there to purchase.

At a lowered (still competitive) price too. Something no service but Steam has gotten right with digital distribution.
    Free?
    They arent free.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Free?
    They arent free.
    Oh Jesus - semantics...

"Free" as long as you're a subscriber. We know what it is - it doesn't need to be pointed out just for it to be detracted. SMH FFS

I am the oncoming storm.

Soldier 95B
    It's a rental service limited to what Sony says you can rent. That said, it's a good bargain for 50 dollars a year for many gamers.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    It's a rental service limited to what Sony says you can rent. Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep pretty much.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Oh Jesus - semantics...

"Free" as long as you're a subscriber. We know what it is - it doesn't need to be pointed out just for it to be detracted. SMH FFS

You cancall it free if you like, but then you'll be saying that all the other stuff you get for PS+ is worth the cost. And no one is going to say that.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    It's a rental service limited to what Sony says you can rent. That said, it's a good bargain for 50 dollars a year for many gamers.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    Anything you buy is your's forever, so it's not just a rental service if we're getting technical.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Anything you buy is your's forever, so it's not just a rental service if we're getting technical.
    True. I was just discussing the "free games" comment. PSN+ gives you discounts, as well as other XMB/PSN features as well, not JUST rentals.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    As a newly subscribed member to XBL (12mths) i really cannot see what i am getting for my 15 a quarter,over what i get for free on PSN??

And paying to create a new account....? $#@! right off haha!!

Cross game chat? Nope not needed.
    Gay avatar? Hmm yeah ok you want me to pay 4 to dress up huh?
    Haven't noticed that it is supposedly quicker to D/L anything, PSN is quick enough for me.
    Games are just as laggy/unlaggy on both networks.

Im sorry but 60 a year (even if you can get it cheaper) is a joke,in my opinion. I just wanna be able to jump straight in and play online,which i have already paid for with my ISP, without having to piss about shopping for a code. Hence i have an almost new 360 just sat there,played about 4 times in 12 months.
    where and why are you paying 60 a year for xbox live membership? its never been that much.......did you mean $60?
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Hell I can get it for half of that or less. My brother recently got an Xbox 360 and got 12 months + 2 months free for 25. It can be had for less than 30 if you are smart.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You cancall it free if you like, but then you'll be saying that all the other stuff you get for PS+ is worth the cost. And no one is going to say that.
    I think PSN+ is well worth the cost. Never played any of the games that are free, regularly updated with new free add ons and early release of games. Great deal IMO.

Thread Information