Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The latest official numbers WW for the PS3 and Xbox 360 from MS and Sony PR:

67.2 Million = Xbox 360 "Earnings Release FY12 Q3"
    63.9 Million = Playstation 3 "PlayStation®3 Worldwide Hardware Unit Sales (Unit: million)"

3.3 million difference.
    They're both stuck at that difference.

Soldier 95B
    That sucks.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The latest official numbers WW for the PS3 and Xbox 360 from MS and Sony PR: 67.2 Million = Xbox 360 "Earnings Release FY12 Q3" 63.9 Million = Playstation 3 "PlayStation®3 Worldwide Hardware Unit Sales (Unit: million)" 3.3 million difference.
    Well there you go. Thats about what I thought it was.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Until we get this quarter lol

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    You already have the numbers for this quarter from MS and Sony?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Nope, but no doubt the gap will decrease with the SS.

Sony will be shifting a ton of PS3s in Japan this fall as well with their amazing lineup (which funnily enough is thanks to 3rd party exclusives).

Soldier 95B
    Oh yeah, no doubt the SS has spurred sales. I assume the Xbox will explore a price drop that will in turn diminish any bump the PS3 gets.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Nope, but no doubt the gap will decrease with the SS. Sony will be shifting a ton of PS3s in Japan this fall as well with their amazing lineup (which funnily enough is thanks to 3rd party exclusives).
    But MS is putting out bundles with up to 4 games included. Good ones. And then theres Halo 4. I think youre really underestimating Sony's competition this xmas. And what 3rd party exclusives? Dust 514 maybe?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But MS is putting out bundles with up to 4 games included. Good ones. And then theres Halo 4. I think youre really underestimating Sony's competition this xmas. And what 3rd party exclusives? Dust 514 maybe?
    Yakuza Collection
    Yakuza 5
    Tales of Xillia 2
    Tokitotowa
    etc.

More than enough for Sony dominance, I'm not talking about the west.

Soldier 95B
    Yeah, the bundles, Kinect, Forza Horizon, Halo 4, lower priced console, BLOPS 2 will make for a crazy Xbox holiday for sales. No doubt the PS3 will knock sales out of the park with the newly introduced super slim, even without games.

Soldier 95B
    I am so confused. Everyone keeps going back and forth between WW and Japan only. Help me!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yakuza Collection Yakuza 5 Tales of Xillia 2 Tokitotowa etc. More than enough for Sony dominance, I'm not talking about the west.
    Sony dominance in Japan maybe. Those games wont even be a blip on the radar anywhere else. But like you said youre not talking about the west.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I am so confused. Everyone keeps going back and forth between WW and Japan only. Help me!
    Yeah the jumping back and forth keeps throwing me off as well.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I think you guys are actually underestimating Sony with those games, two of which will be launching on the exact same day, and they won't be a blip at all neither in Japan nor WW, I wouldn't be surprised if that week alone over 300K PS3s will be sold just in Japan especially with limited edition consoles being offered. IIRC Yakuza 3 shifted over 200K PS3s back in 2009 and that was when it was the phat at $400, this time the console is cheaper and has two blockbuster titles, which in Japan are atm some of the biggest franchises.

We'll see what happens but the week those two drop PS3 will be way above the handhelds for sure, only thing to stop them would be a DQ or Pokemon title launching on 3DS on that week.

Sony's western lineup this fall is pretty weak but it's the complete opposite in Japan.

Soldier 95B
    Sony will dominate in Japan with those games. Sony already dominates there....by a landslide...and they aint slowing down.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Sony will dominate in Japan with those games. Sony already dominates there....by a landslide...and they aint slowing down.
    We already saw the vita do 50k that one week....it could happen won't deny it

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think you guys are actually underestimating Sony with those games, two of which will be launching on the exact same day, and they won't be a blip at all neither in Japan nor WW, I wouldn't be surprised if that week alone over 300K PS3s will be sold just in Japan especially with limited edition consoles being offered. IIRC Yakuza 3 shifted over 200K PS3s back in 2009 and that was when it was the phat at $400, this time the console is cheaper and has two blockbuster titles, which in Japan are atm some of the biggest franchises. We'll see what happens but the week those two drop PS3 will be way above the handhelds for sure, only thing to stop them would be a DQ or Pokemon title launching on 3DS on that week. Sony's western lineup this fall is pretty weak but it's the complete opposite in Japan.
    Not underestimating Sony at all. Like I said in Japan Sony should dominate with that lineup but in the west Sony's lineup is pretty weak compared to their competition. And in the west those games you mentioned arent going to sell in any substantial numbers. And with no price drop on the SS I'm not sure just how much of a sales boost we'll see despite the "value in the box." I'm not saying PS3 sales wont get a boost just not as much as it would if it was a redesign with a price drop.

Soldier 95B
    The SS had a sales boost of 138% during the first week I think.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    138% compared to what? Why is Sony the only one who refuses to release actual numbers instead of vague percentages? Until we get actual numbers we wont really know how impressive that 138% really is or isnt.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    We talking about the PS3 Slim or the new one

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Pretty much, which is why as a business decision, it was good they didn't drop the price. I don't think they'll drop it this year either but they probably will around May.

Also the SS didn't release until October the 5th so we don't have those numbers yet.

Soldier 95B
    138% compared to what? Why is Sony the only one who refuses to release actual numbers instead of vague percentages? Until we get actual numbers we wont really know how impressive that 138% really is or isnt.
    I guess just a jump in sales in general? I don't know.

Sony’s (SNE) “super slim” PlayStation 3 is off to a good start despite the console’s price actually increasing. According the MCV, Sony saw a 138% increase in PlayStation 3 sales with the release of its smaller, lighter game console in the United Kingdom. What’s more, MCV says that the 500GB model also accounted for 37% of all PlayStation 3 sales last week, which is particularly impressive since the slimmer model was only released this past Friday.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I guess just a jump in sales in general? I don't know.
    See thats the problem, we dont know. I would rather Sony just give us the hard numbers.

Soldier 95B
    I just noticed the jump was for the UK only.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    We talking about the PS3 Slim or the new one
    The new one. At least thats what I'm talking about. lol

Thread Information