Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
Why do so many people say this kind of thing? I don't know what people mean when they say a game is incredible. I've played many games that I have thoroughly enjoyed in the past 3-4 years.

This is not a personal attack at you Sufi I'm just being general. Are people that picky these days? Do games have to be 100% perfect and always have massive innovations? I'd like to say I'm not ranting but I kind of am.

What IS it that people want out of these games? I'm a bit surprised The Last of Us isn't on that list. Post apocalypse setting is the most cliche setting I can think of yet people are going nuts over this. Why?
I didn't see your post until now.

Well, it's a personal opinion so I can see why it wouldn't chime with others.

I'm at a point in my life where I just don't have time for games but I still love games as much as I did before...so on top of being a harsh critic anyway, I need games that are much higher in quality and yes I think I do want the next big thing...I just don't have time to play similar games anymore.

I think it has a lot to do with age. I used to play and finish dozens of games every year and now I can't even finish 4 of the ones I own.

Last of Us has a cliche setting but the way they approach the gameplay is definitely innovative. It's nothing that amazing but it's definitely interesting to see something new.