Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I bet we see the PS4 in late 2013. The PS3 right now suffers from the lack of ram it has. It is barely keeping up by todays standards. The XMB just gets slower and slower with every update that adds features. The more trophies you earn, the longer the sync process becomes.

Games today are suffering from major pop up and texture delays. Borderlands 2 for example.

Sony is also going to incorporate the PS Vita with the PS4 in similar way that the Wii U does with it's tablet controller.

I see 2 new consoles coming in late 2013.
    I agree, I have a feeling both systems will be out by the end of next year, they have already both waiting a longer than previous system cycles. The PS2 came out in 2000 and the PS3 came out in 2006 which puts it at 6 years, the Xbox came out in 2001 and the Xbox360 in 2005 putting it at 4 years...by next year the Xbox360 will be 8 years old and the PS3 at 7 years old, I don't think either of them are going to wait past 2013 which would give the Wii U a major head start if they did...not to mention the Ouya is slated for March 2013, which I know some of you will say is not directly competing with those systems, but competition is competition!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

2. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    it won't release 2013. people just cant live in the moment and have been saying since '11 about the inevitible release. Everytime one of these threads pops up i reaffirm a 2015 release.
    2015? Not a chance!

The PS3 will be running like an old 386 by then lol. For those who do not know what a 386, it is an old computer.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    2015? Not a chance!

The PS3 will be running like an old 386 by then lol. For those who do not know what a 386, it is an old computer.
    let's not forget 286.

I agree though, 2015 is too long. 2013 is perfect, early 2014 is bearable. We all know Sony will delay it until fall/winter 2014 and it will piss us off. Let's hope not.

5. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    let's not forget 286.

I agree though, 2015 is too long. 2013 is perfect, early 2014 is bearable. We all know Sony will delay it until fall/winter 2014 and it will piss us off. Let's hope not.
    That's when I'm thinking the PS4 or orbis whatever they call it will be released as well...I wouldn't be pissed since I'm already expecting that to be the case..

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    Next E3 both sony and MS will show there next gen consoles. the xbox 720 mght ship in 2013.
    Sony cant afford to wait till 2014 to launch the PS4. they need to launch it the same year or even a few weeks after the 720.
    sony waited a year this gen and it hurt them along with there big price tag

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    We going to need to start a poll on psu once e3 comes around lol will they or won't they

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Next E3 both sony and MS will show there next gen consoles. the xbox 720 mght ship in 2013.
    Sony cant afford to wait till 2014 to launch the PS4. they need to launch it the same year or even a few weeks after the 720.
    sony waited a year this gen and it hurt them along with there big price tag
    Exactly, look how bad it hurt them by waiting an additional year to release the PS3...granted that $599 price tag didn't help matters much either...

Hopefully they will release at the same time as Microsoft and the price won't be too crazy since blu-ray tech has come down in price quite a bit since 2006 and I for one am actually hoping they just let Cell die and go with something more conventional, right now I think the PS3 is one of the only things using the Cell processor anymore, so my guess is that Sony will abandon it for the next generation.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

i say after 2014

If people are making prediction's, then I'll predict the PS4 launching Nov 2013, and Planetside 2 will be a F2P launch title
    Last edited by Canine99; 10-09-2012 at 21:16.

Apprentice
    I'm quite sure that they'll abandon the Cell architecture. They'll go for something like everyone does nowadays. Powerful, yet relatively easy to code for. My guess is that the PS4 and the Xbox3 will be very similar in terms of CPU, RAM and things like optical drive (both using bluray of course) and additional features. The graphics card will be the one thing that will make the difference. I hope Sony goes for MORE RAM this time to have the edge over the Xbox3 even with 3rd party games. I want the PS4 to be the lead platform.

I mean don't get me wrong, I still think the PS3 is the most powerful console of current gen, but when it comes to most 3rd party titles (excluding the Batman Arkham games and the Assassin's Creed games, which run a little better on PS3 if those review-sites can be trusted) the PS3 lacks that extra punch or "reservoir" of RAM and raw power to surpass the 360. 1st party titles - no problem, PS3 delivers better experiences (in my opinion - I'm no fanboy, it's just my opinion) visually and overall. Still I want to play Halo4 and I'm thinking about buying a 360 just for the Halo and Gears franchises... lol ^^

So if both MS and Sony decide to go for a very powerful, yet "traditional" CPU and both go for 4GB RAM (that's what I hope, but I fear we'll end up with just 2GB! but maybe there's a chance that we'll get at least 4GB - the more the better!), it's all about the graphics card. And this time, Sony needs to deliver the better console overall. Not just 1st party titles, but in every single corner. 3rd party games must run more fluidly and with sharper textures than on the other next-gen consoles. My opinion is that they OWE us Sony-supporters the best console.

I'm sure Microsoft will have some good exclusives next-gen too, so maybe I'll buy both consoles when I have the money for it. But I'm still hoping that Sony pushes everything to the limit and beyond...

Oh and as I said, my bet is that we'll get a reveal on E3 2013 with teasers and some trailers and early specs (maybe), then more trailers to come during Gamescom, PAX and TGS and on E3 2014, we'll get the release date which will be fall 2014. I think that this will be the case for both the next Xbox and the PS4.

But who knows, it's all just speculation. We might get them two years apart, or both launching at the exact same time. We might be able to buy the next gen consoles in fall 2013, or in 2015... who knows. But when I think about it, 2014 is the most logical time window in my opinion.

Thread Information