Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Picked this game up tonight and I'm loving it so far. I had been playing RE6 this past week but it's been put on the shelf for now, Dishonored it just too good of a game.

Superior Member
    Hmmm... I'm wondering why I'm so out of step with everyone else on this title. The gameworld idea I think is exquisite and I love the art direction but the end result graphics I think are really quite bad. Also, playing a stealth game in that terrible first-person "looking through a box" perspective is pretty frustrating. As soon as you look or move one direction you have no idea what is happening to your left or right or if anyone is moving to an angle to see you.

That said, I've only played through the prison break which is almost nothing in the game. I'm hoping it gets better.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Dishonored's success reminds me of Bioshock. Never was really talked about as being a contender for best game of the year. I think this is the sleeper hit of the year for sure.

Superior Member
    After playing further into the game I'll have to say that the story and created world continue to hold interest and even fascinate at times. The immersion has softened the glare of the out of date graphics and the gameplay becomes more strategic and complex. I still think many of the scores given by reviewers seem a bit high but I'm no longer sorry I bought the game.

Master Poster
    Seems like the story is the weakest aspect of the game...that's disappointing but not surprising. I feel like Bethesda are excellent developers but their games always lack a narrative punch...they would be in my Top 10 if they could just crack out a decent-good story.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    Seems like the story is the weakest aspect of the game...that's disappointing but not surprising. I feel like Bethesda are excellent developers but their games always lack a narrative punch...they would be in my Top 10 if they could just crack out a decent-good story.
    For the last time, this game has nothing to do with Bethesda except for them being the publisher.

Arkane Studios are responsible for this. They deserve some credit.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I think the story is easy to follow and pretty good. everytime I get on the game I get drawn into it, I also think this could be a really strong series if they wanted to go that route, adding in more freedoms, etc etc. not so much linking the stories together, but having future games with the same style but keep on improving on it.

The game can be ridiculously hard depending on what your trying to do in terms of trophies. So far I think this game as a solid story, solid gameplay, and solid challenges in terms of trophy support.

Some people may not like this game but I can clearly see a strong fanbase surrounding this game. for me, this game is excellent.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 10-13-2012 at 17:22.

This is great! Can't wait to buy it

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I'm loving it, so far this is my favorite game of the year. It's such a joy travelling around with the Blink. The complaint about graphics is ridiculous, art style always trumps the technical side, both compliment each other well.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Guru

Dishonored ** spoiler & ending** question

Granny Rags & Emily?

When you help Emily escape, there is one part where she says to you about running into some old lady that whispered some strange things into her ear. Later on in the game going back to the "hound pit" bar she says stuff about how she will put all these different men on boats and crash both of the boats killing all the men. Now this girl towards that point has changed so much, but after she runs into granny rags, the story says absolutely nothing else on that specific incident that occured. Also, at the end she kind of becomes ruthless to, now I don't know if that's because of what she went through or if this again has something to do with Granny Rags>?

could Granny rags have put a spell on Emily in which she becomes part of Emily? Even though you end up killing Granny Rags, Emily is still kind of disturbing to listen to.

I can't help but think there is possibly more to granny rags. I did kill her at one point I had to fight granny rags but something just doesn't fit because that girl for some reason turned ruthless when she wasn't like that before.

anyone else have any more info on this manner. I was reading all the books about granny rags but this whole thing between Emily and Granny rags is really weird and the story doesn't really go much further unless I missed a link to the story?
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 10-16-2012 at 16:38.

El Presidente
    Ok I have a question for you guys. When you're playing where do you hide bodies if you do? I'm the type to go through knock everyone in the area out and then look around freely.

Last time I played it was kaldawin bridge I think I killed two people, was spotted a couple times but got away, five bodies were found I didn't kill them yet the chaos level was high. I thought wtf? I was not going around slaughtering everyone why is the chaos high? I restart from my last save if things go bad and I kill too much. Just finding a lot of knocked out bodies shouldn't make the chaos so high should it?

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Ok I have a question for you guys. When you're playing where do you hide bodies if you do? I'm the type to go through knock everyone in the area out and then look around freely.

Last time I played it was kaldawin bridge I think I killed two people, was spotted a couple times but got away, five bodies were found I didn't kill them yet the chaos level was high. I thought wtf? I was not going around slaughtering everyone why is the chaos high? I restart from my last save if things go bad and I kill too much. Just finding a lot of knocked out bodies shouldn't make the chaos so high should it?
    I should add when I knock someone out I either throw them in a dumpster or try to find a corner behind stuff that I can stash a body but I can't always find any good places.

Sorry I thought i was editing my first post not replying to it!
    Last edited by podsaurus; 10-19-2012 at 12:56.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    Granny Rags & Emily?

When you help Emily escape, there is one part where she says to you about running into some old lady that whispered some strange things into her ear. Later on in the game going back to the "hound pit" bar she says stuff about how she will put all these different men on boats and crash both of the boats killing all the men. Now this girl towards that point has changed so much, but after she runs into granny rags, the story says absolutely nothing else on that specific incident that occured. Also, at the end she kind of becomes ruthless to, now I don't know if that's because of what she went through or if this again has something to do with Granny Rags>?

could Granny rags have put a spell on Emily in which she becomes part of Emily? Even though you end up killing Granny Rags, Emily is still kind of disturbing to listen to.

I can't help but think there is possibly more to granny rags. I did kill her at one point I had to fight granny rags but something just doesn't fit because that girl for some reason turned ruthless when she wasn't like that before.

anyone else have any more info on this manner. I was reading all the books about granny rags but this whole thing between Emily and Granny rags is really weird and the story doesn't really go much further unless I missed a link to the story?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post

damn this game is awesome.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Got the game yesterday. Just got the Blink ability.
    After the first mission it said I killed 2 hostiles when I was sure reload whenever I accidentally killed anyone. Don't know how that happened

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    Snatched the digital copy off of the PS store earlier in the week and I'm digging this game so far. It's a game that sucks me in for hours at a time and seems to get better the more I play.

A little surprised at the lack of attention this game received...probably wouldn't have heard about it if I hadn't seen it here. By no means a perfect game. I'm sure ill regret paying full price but I'm enjoying the experience so far.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    On the fourth mission now (masked party)
    Saw the tallboys for the first time.
    This game has one of the most interesting worlds and atmosphere.

Also did anyone notice this game's version of the "arrow in the knee" line?

Every guard once in a while speaks:
    "Should we gather for cigars and whiskey tonight?"

EDIT: I noticed last night that in the masked party, the target changes every time you load the mission
    Last edited by Itachi; 10-29-2012 at 14:43.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    On the fourth mission now (masked party)
    Saw the tallboys for the first time.
    This game has one of the most interesting worlds and atmosphere.

Also did anyone notice this game's version of the "arrow in the knee" line?

Every guard once in a while speaks:
    "Should we gather for cigars and whiskey tonight?"

EDIT: I noticed last night that in the masked party, the target changes every time you load the mission
    That's kinda funny cuz I reloaded that mission probably 20 times..had a difficult time with it. I think I made it harder than it should have been cuz I was being too impatient. Ended up uh, ruining the party every time also noticed that phrase a few times as well. No matter how far the guard was from you, the game made sure you heard that line. Btw..I've yet to engage a tall boy. I always run!

Another thing I love about the game is even though there's not a TON of powers, the ones that are in the game are really useful, fit the game world well and make you wanna play through again using different strategies..

The only thing that I'm seeing is that the game may be a tad on the short side..even with the few side missions, taking my time, finding all the runes and charms etc..but I say that with most titles I play.

Again really enjoying Dishonored.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by imINxile View Post
    That's kinda funny cuz I reloaded that mission probably 20 times..had a difficult time with it. I think I made it harder than it should have been cuz I was being too impatient. Ended up uh, ruining the party every time also noticed that phrase a few times as well. No matter how far the guard was from you, the game made sure you heard that line. Btw..I've yet to engage a tall boy. I always run!

Another thing I love about the game is even though there's not a TON of powers, the ones that are in the game are really useful, fit the game world well and make you wanna play through again using different strategies..

The only thing that I'm seeing is that the game may be a tad on the short side..even with the few side missions, taking my time, finding all the runes and charms etc..but I say that with most titles I play.

Again really enjoying Dishonored.
    I got the mission on my second try (loaded once) and didn't ruin the party. #MLGpro

I loaded early on and it changed the identity from Waverley Boyle to Esma Boyle.
    I run from tallboys myself. I shot the whale tank on one's back hoping it would disable it. It didn't

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    I got the mission on my second try (loaded once) and didn't ruin the party. #MLGpro

I loaded early on and it changed the identity from Waverley Boyle to Esma Boyle.
    I run from tallboys myself. I shot the whale tank on one's back hoping it would disable it. It didn't
    Second try.. Show off

I wonder if a well timed, well placed blink would put you on top of a tall boy...in sneak mode and then tear it to shreds in assassination mode. Hmmm, gonna try this when I get home!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Second try.. Show off

I wonder if a well timed, well placed blink would put you on top of a tall boy...in sneak mode and then tear it to shreds in assassination mode. Hmmm, gonna try this when I get home!
    I don't kill people so forgive me for asking but what is 'assassination mode'? is it the adrenaline thing?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    I don't kill people so forgive me for asking but what is 'assassination mode'? is it the adrenaline thing?
    I gotta be honest with you brother..the adrenaline power is one thing I have no idea about....I see no meter..never put any coin or upgraded any adrenaline powers. I just kill when I'm forced to.. As a matter of fact, I make it a point to not kill. Would love to here how the power upgrade works..

Edit: assassination mode I think is just surprising someone and getting a quick cutscene, kill cam..I may be wrong though. Only my first play through..
    Last edited by imINxile; 10-29-2012 at 21:20.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I think I have 4 kills so far (mission 6/9) and I don't even know how they happened.
    there's a trophy to kill a tallboy with just your sword. The surprise assassination may be the way to do it.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    I think I have 4 kills so far (mission 6/9) and I don't even know how they happened.
    there's a trophy to kill a tallboy with just your sword. The surprise assassination may be the way to do it.
    4 kills in 6 missions?....color me impressed.! I tried to be stealthy but obviously I failed!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    4 kills in 6 missions?....color me impressed.! I tried to be stealthy but obviously I failed!
    Out of the 4 only 1 was intentional (rest 3 is just the game trolling me). The guards were harassing a citizen and I only had one sleep dart. they were about to kill the civilian so I had to do something fast.

After playing Deus Ex HR and this, I can safely say that patience is the key to stealth games.

Thread Information