Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    it's a given it will use a blueray player.

I firmly believe the PS4's specialty will be MMORPG's and MMOFPS.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    Mortal Kombat seemed to have very few issues making 60FPS an issue (granted it wasnt a hardware taxing game) But i would expect the next generation of consoles to make 60FPS the benchmark for quality games, and call of duty can do whatever it wants because even though the games have sucked they still sell like a cure for cancer.

perhaps i should have clarified, i meant that i expect top tier games all to run at about 60FPS (your uncharteds, and halos, and gears etc..) and your 2nd and 3rd party games to all run smoothly at around or above 40 FPS.
    Well, I mentioned Call of Duty because the engine hasn't changed much in the past 5 years. And most fighting games should have no problem running at 60 frames per second either as the levels are really small.

Believe me, I'd love to see more games running at higher frame rates but if Uncharted, Gears of War and Halo couldn't achieve that now, I doubt it'll be any different with their respective sequels.

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    It will be able to play FLAC and won't have a clustered, boring, dull and simply ugly XBMC
    I'm personally hoping for native mkv support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    It will have a built in fleshlight.

People would never stop "gaming".

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    It doesn't need to have a new fangled feature nobody has heard of or expected. It just needs to be an all round quality games console and multi-media machine. Less revolution, more evolution into a more streamlined, sensible platform whilst remaining as cutting edge at launch as their budgets allow.

Support (and continual updates) for more video codecs. A browser that isn't hilariously bad. Blu Ray will definitely be the optical format because it has evolved since the PS3 launched.

The things I'd really like to see are not purely down to Sony but are a combination of platform holder and developer. Support for higher resolutions like 4k and possibly even 8k (which by the way could sell a lot of Sony TV's in a few years if they played it correctly...). However we all know that 90% of developers will make the game at as low a resolutions as they can get away with and just plough all the processing power into graphics and particle effects. Wouldn't be surprised if 720 is still the standard in 5 years time.

It would be amazing if some, or even most games gave the player the ability to chose their experience and tune it to their own demands. The game is 30fps standard, but I prefer to play at 60fps, so I chose to do so with the caveat that my graphics are now lower than standard. Same deal with resolution. The console gamer is becoming more and more like the PC gamer, in fact they are in general the same people, so treat them the same.

Pipe dream, but would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    It will be the only console with a 3+ generations old controller design.
    And will still be the best by a country mile. When you've reached perfection....

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    And will still be the best by a country mile. When you've reached perfection....
    Yeah, there's not much you can fix. I have played on both an Xbox and Xbox 360 but I really prefer gaming with a Dualshock controller.

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Yeah, there's not much you can fix. I have played on both an Xbox and Xbox 360 but I really prefer gaming with a Dualshock controller.
    I like both - but prefer sports and platforming/adventure type title son the DS3. I do hope they do some sort of throwback to the boomerang though (PS3 or PS4).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    L2 and R2 need some work - need to be shaped more like the 3rd party trigger attachments you can purchase. Apart from that I wouldn't be at all disappointed seeing the same controller. I'm sure loads of others would be though

8. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post

Maybe free net flix? That would be a good upgrade and everyone who bought the system would be saving money each month. I think free netflix would be good for the PS4. That or playing DVDs+ Bluerays.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaystationGuru View Post
    Maybe free net flix? That would be a good upgrade and everyone who bought the system would be saving money each month. I think free netflix would be good for the PS4. That or playing DVDs+ Bluerays.
    Netflix isn't controlled by Sony in any way, so that will never happen...and it is pretty much a given that it will plan DVD and Blu-rays...stop digging up old threads with random stuff!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Thread Information