ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Your thoughts on 3rd Party Memory stick Possibilities?

You think Sony will allow 3rd parties i.e Sandisk to make memory sticks? I've heard the only reason Sony doesn't allow them was because of fear of hacking. Memory stick prices are ridiculous I hope thsy drop in price a bit soon.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Eventually, but right now it's their cash cow when it comes to the Vita.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Yeah I'm in need of another memory stick badly but I don't want to drop to much money on it. Guess I'll wait a bit to see what happens I still have about 200mb left.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    What SONY should do is sell the memory card packaged with a game or a psn game.
    I found the price of the card to be fair but cheaper is always better.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Guru
    I still find the cards grossly overpriced, nearly 60 for 32Gb is way too much given the prices of removable storage now. A micro SD the same size can be gotten for around 10, in comparison.

Also, you can get a 128Gb SSD drive for your PC at around 50 with some smart shopping and it's currently some of the most expensive storage media going.

I do want a bigger card but I'm not being extorted just because of a patent. Sony did this so they could raise prices on memory. I don't see them allowing third party options any time soon.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Unfortunately no, for reasons already mentioned. I would love for it to happen though, cos Sandisk etc will price accordingly compared to the 60 price tag of a 32gb here in the UK. Maybe some time down the line when they drop the price and consider the mass market.

I currently have an 8gb card that came with the launch bundle I got. I recently had to remove Tactics Ogre to make space for a couple of other games ;/

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I have an 8gb memory stick, and honestly, i think only about 25% of it is used up so far. Of course, thats because the only games i have downloaded so far are FFVII and FFVIII, and Treasures of Montezuma. Definately not going to go for the digital downloads. I like having physical copies of my games.

But youre right, it would be nice if 3rd party support was permitted just because theyre so incredibly expensive. What would be nice, if sony just altogether stopped selling the 4gb card, included it free with the wifi model, and dropped the price a bit on the 8, 16, and 32gb cards.

Tacos Rule!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Maybe if they introduce a 64gb at the price of the current 32, and everything else drops in price according to that. That'd be affordable, but still extortionate

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    What SONY should do is sell the memory card packaged with a game or a psn game. I found the price of the card to be fair but cheaper is always better.
    Fair? Seriously? I find the prices of these cards anything but fair. As to the question I would definitely say no. Sony raised the price on memory in order to make more money off the Vita on the backs of its customers. Sony will keep doing it as long as they can keep getting away with it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    I have an 8GB in mine and which I filled within 1 hour of getting the system. I have a 32GB card on the way.

The prices are extortionate. People love the fact that you can put any HDD in the PS3, why didn't they allow the same for the Vita? Or atleast lower the prices. I paid 54 for my card. That's ridiculous!
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Fair? Seriously? I find the prices of these cards anything but fair. As to the question I would definitely say no. Sony raised the price on memory in order to make more money off the Vita on the backs of its customers. Sony will keep doing it as long as they can keep getting away with it.
    No kidding. I can't believe a tiny product can cost so damn much.

Thread Information