Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well we don't know what the hell is in his contract but he wasn't directly advertising for a competitor he was in a tire commercial playing with a Wii controller.....

I just think so has bigger things to worry about instead of spending resources on this.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Soldier 95B
    Everybody Loves Kevin

3. Likes Omar likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I just think so has bigger things to worry about instead of spending resources on this.
    They must have a team dedicated to this kind of thing. They probably sit around all day looking for cases such as this

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    They must have a team dedicated to this kind of thing. They probably sit around all day looking for cases such as this
    Kind of like ambulance chasers. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    It's stupid but makes sense at the same time (oddly).

It's kinda like Jared being the face of KFC or something.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Sony is suing Kevin Butler

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Kind of like ambulance chasers. lol
    Those assholes are the worse and always offered me jobs in their firms. I rather be broke then to work for a firm that strictly handle personal injury cases.

I'm sure sony has a legal dept that looks into things like this its pretty much what I do for my company now just work on legal paperwork and contracts with clients.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It's stupid but makes sense at the same time (oddly).

It's kinda like Jared being the face of KFC or something.
    This is exactly what I was going to use as an example bro lol...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

9. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Now this is funneh.

Pity KB was never the VP of Legal Action.

Sony's lawyers, they da best.

God, I love that gif. Never gets old.

I agree with admartian though.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-08-2012 at 00:14.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Veteran
    THIS SUCKS.

The only thing I'm sad about is that we have no chance of seeing Kevin Butler commercials ever again. I was hoping for a revival of the TV campaign for the PlayStation 4. Looks like the outlook on Sony's future marketing for PlayStation continues to be bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    THIS SUCKS.

The only thing I'm sad about is that we have no chance of seeing Kevin Butler commercials ever again. I was hoping for a revival of the TV campaign for the PlayStation 4. Looks like the outlook on Sony's future marketing for PlayStation continues to be bleak.
    True however MS has done it without any persona, I think Sony either doesn't know how to market anymore or doesn't care to.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    MS is all over the place 2 examples....I'm sitting at home watching the sunday night football game on NBC primetime...they show footage from a madden game to simulate a situation its the xbox360 version then they show the box art for it then mention the voice commands via kinects....then a couple months back I'm watching Monday Night Raw and Cm punk is revealing the cover for WWE 13 a huge banner drops and its an XBOX360 version....

MS marketing is smart because any small video game reference that is made (here in the us) they always say for xbox even for multi platform games xbox360 box art and logos are what I see on my tv.

Sony I feel has just given up on marketing the PS3 at the same effort ms markets the Xbox...

I head they get there head outta their asses and market the ss ps3 here in the states

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    MS is all over the place 2 examples....I'm sitting at home watching the sunday night football game on NBC primetime...they show footage from a madden game to simulate a situation its the xbox360 version then they show the box art for it then mention the voice commands via kinects....then a couple months back I'm watching Monday Night Raw and Cm punk is revealing the cover for WWE 13 a huge banner drops and its an XBOX360 version.... MS marketing is smart because any small video game reference that is made (here in the us) they always say for xbox even for multi platform games xbox360 box art and logos are what I see on my tv. Sony I feel has just given up on marketing the PS3 at the same effort ms markets the Xbox... I head they get there head outta their asses and market the ss ps3 here in the states
    I noticed that too. And sometimes they show the wrestlers playing a game in the locker room and its always a 360 that theyre playing on. TNA wrestling does the same thing sometimes. I've even seen TV shows where somebody is playing a video game and again its always a 360 theyre playing on. And you already know when the COD commercials start it will as usual show the 360 logo and boxart. And then we'll also be seeing lots of Halo 4 commercials as well. Sony needs to start doing stuff like that. Marketing wise Sony is like a non-presence here in the US.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-08-2012 at 04:05.

Forum Overseer
    You have to understand that MS' idea has always been to leverage their other businesses and they have more things to gain than Sony does...well, now anyway, Sony tried to sell everything they could and some things worked, some didn't (BR, TVs).

MS is spending all this money because they have all these resources (the same ones that made a forked version of windows on the Xbox called the dashboard and Live), and they're trying to combine both of platforms.

It's just more efficient to combine things. Sony, on the other hand, will not gain much except of course the profits. Thus why Nintendo doesn't go out their way either...they did with the Wii sports but we all know that was a given...that was the right game to market.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Again just now they show a full RE6 commercial and at the end it says available on xbox360 then show the box art for 360 and the console. Then they come back from commercial and mention the xbox360 first ps3 second....its those little things that swing gamers and impressionable gamers to the 360 over the ps3...

As I type this another game commercial......

Its for dishonor....this was a little different they just showed the box art for all 3 platfroms with the ps3 box first...

I don't think its money I think its just different strategies and commitment to level of effort.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    I noticed that too. And sometimes they show the wrestlers playing a game in the locker room and its always a 360 that theyre playing on.
    I don't remember if it was WWE '12 or the game the year before but during an episode of Raw around the time it was releasing they had wrestlers playing it on the PS3 and i was shocked to see that. Usually it's the 360 version you see being advertised for multiplats.

The death blow for me when it came to Sony and their lack of advertising was when ESPN showed the Final Fantasy XIII commercial for the first time i think and it was advertising the 360 version. Not only did Sony lose the game as an exclusive but they didn't bother advertising it either. And funny enough, the PS3 version demolished the 360 version in sales.

I guess it just depends on the game. I think Sony could market Call of Duty to the moon with little to no 360 marketing of the franchise and it would still sell better on the 360.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I don't remember if it was WWE '12 or the game the year before but during an episode of Raw around the time it was releasing they had wrestlers playing it on the PS3 and i was shocked to see that. Usually it's the 360 version you see being advertised for multiplats. The death blow for me when it came to Sony and their lack of advertising was when ESPN showed the Final Fantasy XIII commercial for the first time i think and it was advertising the 360 version. Not only did Sony lose the game as an exclusive but they didn't bother advertising it either. And funny enough, the PS3 version demolished the 360 version in sales. I guess it just depends on the game. I think Sony could market Call of Duty to the moon with little to no 360 marketing of the franchise and it would still sell better on the 360.
    I'll never forget all the frothing at the mouth raving mad PS fans who actually caused this site (and others) to keep crashing as they logged in to vent their furious anger at FF being announced for 360. The entire internet imploded as millions of outraged Sony fanboys cried out. lol Funny thing about it is that game turned out to be a pile of crap anyway.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-08-2012 at 07:15.

Supreme Veteran
    @TDB24,

COD has been defined as a favored experience on the 360 this generation, so it may come to pass that the next MS console will have the mindset of the CODS fans. That does not denounce the probability of the next PS having a strong set of consumers buying for said hardware...

FF as a franchise did the same as mentioned above on PS hardware, so the mindset of the fans has and remains to be PS orientated.

Some games are exceptions however.

I'll never forget all the frothing at the mouth raving mad PS fans who actually caused this site (and others) to keep crashing as they logged in to vent their furious anger at FF being announced for 360. The entire internet imploded as millions of outraged Sony fanboys cried out. lol Funny thing about it is that game turned out to be a pile of crap anyway.
    I remember that E3, this place went into meltdown, one thread in particular I remember was saying "360 won" What did they win? FF imo is rubbish this entire generation, maybe next gen?

Let's hope there will be no FF13-4, what a stupid tradition that is (imo).
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    @TDB24, COD has been defined as a favored experience on the 360 this generation, so it may come to pass that the next MS console will have the mindset of the CODS fans. That does not denounce the probability of the next PS having a strong set of consumers buying for said hardware... FF as a franchise did the same as mentioned above on PS hardware, so the mindset of the fans has and remains to be PS orientated. Some games are exceptions however. I remember that E3, this place went into meltdown, one thread in particular I remember was saying "360 won" What did they win? FF imo is rubbish this entire generation, maybe next gen? Let's hope there will be no FF13-4, what a stupid tradition that is (imo).
    I remember you and me discussing the internet carnage that day. But like we both already said that game ended up sucking like the wind. lol I haven't played a good FF since FFX on PS2.

Ultimate Veteran
    sony wont win this case. his conract come in to play if sony said in the concrat when you leave sony you cant do any tv coomericals for any other consoles. but if it was not in it then sony will lose. i think this guy know what he can do and not do. sony is wasteing time

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    They are going to settle cause sony would win this case....they have until the 12th

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    sony wont win this case. his conract come in to play if sony said in the concrat when you leave sony you cant do any tv coomericals for any other consoles. but if it was not in it then sony will lose. i think this guy know what he can do and not do. sony is wasteing time
    But that's all speculation.

It could go either way, we know that one of them didn't clearly read the contract...or maybe Sony had an unlawful contract (if there is such a thing).

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Typically if the company or person being sued is willing to settle....their own legal counsel has reviewed the case and advised them they would lose in court or spend more money fighting it then just settling...

But Sony must have something on this situation for them to settle

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    So i guess there won't be a chance of having KB as final boss or as a playable character in ps all-star.

On another note, there is no way Sony didn't add a stipulation to this guys contact to not be able to promote the competition. This guy should have known better

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Master Guru
    Plenty of people loved Final Fantasy XIII. Myself included. It's such an old topic to both discuss why PS fans were outraged at it going to the 360 and why it was a good game. I don't get the hate for either topic. It was a PS3 exclusive and should have stayed exclusive. And some people enjoyed it. Most people who play games and enjoy them don't even bother posting on forums because they're too busy playing the games.

As far as Jerry Lambert goes. He should have known better. I'm sure there was something in his contract. As much as everyone loves the KB character nobody is above Sony and Sony is doing the right thing here by protecting themselves. If they don't sue him he'll be promoting the next Xbox as KB probably next generation. There is no doubt that the Kevin Butler campaign sold some PS3s.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Plenty of people loved Final Fantasy XIII. Myself included. It's such an old topic to both discuss why PS fans were outraged at it going to the 360 and why it was a good game. I don't get the hate for either topic. It was a PS3 exclusive and should have stayed exclusive. And some people enjoyed it. Most people who play games and enjoy them don't even bother posting on forums because they're too busy playing the games. As far as Jerry Lambert goes. He should have known better. I'm sure there was something in his contract. As much as everyone loves the KB character nobody is above Sony and Sony is doing the right thing here by protecting themselves. If they don't sue him he'll be promoting the next Xbox as KB probably next generation. There is no doubt that the Kevin Butler campaign sold some PS3s.
    Yeah FF is an old topic but you were the one who brought it up. lol

Thread Information