Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Killing somebody for drawing a picture (or making fun of, or making a horribly produced trailer of a movie that doesn't exist, etc etc etc) of your imaginary friend is petty no matter which way you slice it.
    which is why I said, "That being said, I don't agree with violence caused by the radicals in this case..."

All you'd mentioned was "anger".

Anger does not automatically end up with violence. Americans were "angered" after the radicals killed the ambassador.

Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    nothing wrong being in a religion only thing thats bugs me religionist people telling me how to live and i must follower there way of life. i live in Canada a freedom country i don't have to followers any religionist rules

this kid that made the video needs to $#@!ing grow up and stop trying to change people way of life

and people that say $#@! religion ect needs do the same
    Who is telling you to live a certain way?

Selected Members Council
    I can't wait until they bring the map back. I'll give it a week or two before people forget it ever happened.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

3. Likes sainraja likes this post

PSN ID
    MissProKiller
    they can put religions quotes on other places -.-

the one who designed the map is sick minded .. why they picked islam?! , why toilets ?! .. i like favela too but i see its good reason to take down for offencive reason until they fix it and make available again..

if u dont care about ur religion others might care tho ...

i think i will be disappointed to see stuffs linked to my religion on place like that,too ..

but wtf im wondering why there r ppl looking at walls to find out what ever they want o.o ... its a game just play and dont stare at walls -.-
    Last edited by MissProKiller; 10-12-2012 at 14:50.

Forum Overseer

I'm sure people aren't looking in the most random places to find their religion's verses. This person just happened to see it and you can't unsee what you've seen. It's not about that you shouldn't look at it once you find out, the point is that it was written inside a toilet when Muslims don't touch the Quran without washing their hands.

I'm a Muslim and I'm personally not offended because this is something that won't ever be stopped, I feel that Islam is the new target in the western world and that's fine because it's a "free" country as opposed to all the other "nonfree" countries where ridiculing other religions isn't the norm.

(not directed towards you MissProKiller) Why stop there? Let's start pissing on these religious books and use them as toilet paper. That'll teach those stone age, uncivilized, enslaved bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by MissProKiller View Post
    they can put religions quotes on other places -.-

the one who designed the map is sick minded .. why they picked islam?! , why toilets ?! .. i like favela too but i see its good reason to take down for offencive reason until they fix it and make available again..

if u dont care about ur religion others might care tho ...

i think i will be disappointed to see stuffs linked to my religion on place like that,too ..

but wtf im wondering why there r ppl looking at walls to find out what ever they want o.o ... its a game just play and dont stare at walls -.-

6. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Assuming that you can't believe in a certain religion while focusing on science is delusional at best and extemley crazy at worst. I'm a student of science and study astrology keenly and I think you would find it interesting that my knowledge of space has only strengthened my belief.
    After looking at how vast our universe is, and thinking anything could have made that is just silly. I will believe aliens from another galaxy made us before I believe a god like being made the universe lol. What makes your religion right compared to the hundreds of others? What proof do you have? If there is a god, why do innocent people die every day? Why did hijackers kill more than 3,000 people in 2011? Why would a god allow something like that?

People make make stuff up for things they don't understand. Nobody knows what happens after you die, and there's no way to prove it, so religion was born. The ancient Greeks used to believe in their myths, but we know it was a bunch of hooey. What you believe in is no different, and all religion does is cause more hate and leads to wars. If there was no religion we wouldn't be in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban, and we would still have the twin towers in New York. I personally don't mind if people are religious and want to believe in god. The bad part is it brings out the crazy and extremists, and they are the ones causing all the issues.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Meh. Remove the painting, put a cross. Everyone will be happy.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    After looking at how vast our universe is, and thinking anything could have made that is just silly. I will believe aliens from another galaxy made us before I believe a god like being made the universe lol. What makes your religion right compared to the hundreds of others? What proof do you have? If there is a god, why do innocent people die every day? Why did hijackers kill more than 3,000 people in 2011? Why would a god allow something like that?

People make make stuff up for things they don't understand. Nobody knows what happens after you die, and there's no way to prove it, so religion was born. The ancient Greeks used to believe in their myths, but we know it was a bunch of hooey. What you believe in is no different, and all religion does is cause more hate and leads to wars. If there was no religion we wouldn't be in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban, and we would still have the twin towers in New York. I personally don't mind if people are religious and want to believe in god. The bad part is it brings out the crazy and extremists, and they are the ones causing all the issues.
    @ Red: Who made the aliens then? lol To make something out of nothing is crazy and for some reason science approves of this and we all believe. The random quantum fluctuation that is said to have caused the birth of the universe had to have happened for a REASON. Saying it was random is stupid and defies the principle of 'Cause and Effect'. And who decided that universe would be born 13.7 billion years ago and not 120 billion? If it was random why did it took that exact time

@blue: If God wanted to control everything directly there would be no such thing as human free will. We were given free will so that He may test us, and the hijackers and criminals who take innocent lives will certainly receive their punishment. And those innocents killed in such disasters receive great rewards in the afterlife.

@ Yellow: The Taliban as far as I know oppose US for the bullying it does in the international world. They started opposing US when the American interference in their national matter became too much. Its known that the US expects every nation to bend to their will because they are the super power. The Taliban were funded by US during the Russian wars in Afghanistan. Back then US didn't have any problems hiring crazy extremists huh?!

@Black: Crazy people will find anything to get angry about. Religion just happens to be the case usually.

This is turning into a religion bashing discussion that will go nowhere.
    Last edited by Itachi; 10-12-2012 at 19:02.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

Who is telling you to live a certain way?
    this Muslim kid telling a Western company how to make their game like who cares they make a game don't like it don't buy or play it

this goes when mormons go to door to door telling me i should join and love Jesus
    see what i'm getting at?

i'm a atheist but i don't go to video games companies how to run or remove because they offended me
    or go to your home telling how to live

i was in IW shoes i would told this kid to $#@! off ( but in nicer words)

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Video game turns into religion debate. Interesting. You guys should join a debate team.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Imagine the reaction if that happened. You'd pretty much be saying the same things

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    If there was no religion we wouldn't be in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban, and we would still have the twin towers in New York. I personally don't mind if people are religious and want to believe in god. The bad part is it brings out the crazy and extremists, and they are the ones causing all the issues.
    Really, do you honestly believe people would be better off without religion? lol. I think people use religion to justify their actions...it doesn't stop them from being criminals that they are.

There's no evidence that a person who doesn't believe in God, is better off than those that do.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Imagine the reaction if that happened. You'd pretty much be saying the same things
    or i make up bull$#@! thing saying we can't fix a game thats 3 years old or ignore the kid lol

Selected Members Council
    i'm a atheist but i don't go to video games companies how to run or remove because they offended me

Of course you wouldn't find a problem with it. When was the last time a video game made the notion that God was real? Only then, would you be offended because an atheist doesn't believe in the concept.

If you're agnostic, you don't need to worry about being offended.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-12-2012 at 19:09.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Really, do you honestly believe people would be better off without religion? lol. I think people use religion to justify their actions...it doesn't stop them from being criminals that they are.

There's no evidence that a person who doesn't believe in God, is better off than those that do.
    In fact there is evidence of the contrary. A recent survey suggested that countries whose people have beliefs in Heaven/Hell have much less crime rates.
    I'll provide the link later since I'm at school and kinda busy

17. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    alot of games use religion in there games

Forum Overseer

Itachi, I have no doubt of that. I generally am less cautious towards people that are religious. Though it's the same when it comes to Athiests/Agnostics/spirituals. It's the ones who don't think about it are the ones that scare me.
    this Muslim kid telling a Western company how to make their game like who cares they make a game don't like it don't buy or play it

this goes when mormons go to door to door telling me i should join and love Jesus
    see what i'm getting at?

No because neither of them is telling you how to live your life.

A kid telling a company to remove an ad is because of something that is offensive to him. It can be some kid or it can be the government (censorship). I don't see it being different. Americans would not want to see every single disgusting thing out there so you have agencies that would take care of that. These things can be offensive to people so thus they're censored. Has nothing to do with freedom or freedom of speed.

Freedom comes with limitations, you can't say that you're going to kill someone. Freedom of speech has lmiitations, such as you can't slander someone.

The fact that there is a double standard here is because certain Americans feel that they're above other cultures and people and that other cultures should follow their values and views (which includes ridiculing other religions apparently). Now it wouldn't be forcing your view on others if you're just keeping to yourself.

It's enforcing your views on others if you insults others' views and expect them to be ok with it. That's not freedom of speech, that's being a bully.

The people who want you to believe in Jesus are not forcing you to do it, they're requesting you to consider it. There's a huge difference. Now if they kept harrassing you (the same person(s)) then that's different and again, that's not what it says in religions because I know both Christianity and Islam do not condone compulsion in religion.

You're not telling any companies on how to live their lives but you're definitely telling that kid on how to live his. You're enforcing your views because you didn't feel a certain way that he did.

Both of you are right to feel how you do. I can certainly tell you that there is something that you would also find offensive, just happens so that "this" is something you don't, the subject we have at hand.

I don't personally either, being a Muslim as well, but I can understand if someone does...whether it be Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, or Buddhist. I would understand that they may find something offensive that I may not and I would have respect for it and would not enforce my views/values onto them.

It's only a civilized thing to do.

Would be immature on their part.

20. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    In fact there is evidence of the contrary. A recent survey suggested that countries whose people have beliefs in Heaven/Hell have much less crime rates.
    I'll provide the link later since I'm at school and kinda busy
    so ur saying a 3 world country in Africa have less crime rate then less region like Canada ?
    btw northern Africa is filled with black Islamic people

PSN ID
    MissProKiller
    I'm sure people aren't looking in the most random places to find their religion's verses. This person just happened to see it and you can't unsee what you've seen. It's not about that you shouldn't look at it once you find out, the point is that it was written inside a toilet when Muslims don't touch the Quran without washing their hands.

I'm a Muslim and I'm personally not offended because this is something that won't ever be stopped, I feel that Islam is the new target in the western world and that's fine because it's a "free" country as opposed to all the other "nonfree" countries where ridiculing other religions isn't the norm.

(not directed towards you MissProKiller) Why stop there? Let's start pissing on these religious books and use them as toilet paper. That'll teach those stone age, uncivilized, enslaved bastards.
    Mhmm ..

btw im muslim just like you, and if that happened to other religions i would deny it too, since all Religions should be taken as dead line no one across it and done offensive things to any

Respecting others religions means u respect ur self no matter if others have different beliefs or not!

I cant find if there r benefits by doing that to islam or not. But if we didnt deny that kind of impolicy and insolence, every body will think no one will stand to support Islam and related religious countries

i've been used to see a lot of ppl Hates islam because they got BRAIN WASHED and they got surprised to realized not all muslims and arabs are terrorist xD << LMAO

what i wanted to say is .. there should be an action and that quote shouldnt be there from the beginning so it should be removed.. and use any other arabic random words like " i like apples " and repeat it to make nice shape xD

but first .. Quote of Quran in Little big planet 1 music ...
    Now that quote in toilets ....
    i can expect how bad it would end up

" btw in Afghan i saw sentence saying : death for Al-Asad enemies " Al-Asad is president of syria.. search what he done along the past year to muslims :/ "

but at the end , maybe they didnt mean to do something like that .. maybe they wanted any nice-look arabic font and handwriting.. no matter what its meaning .. think about it in both ways

and .. have a nice day
    Last edited by MissProKiller; 10-12-2012 at 20:23.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by MissProKiller View Post
    Mhmm ..

btw im muslim just like you, and if that happened to other religions i would deny it too, since all Religions should be taken as dead line no one across it and done offensive things to any

Respecting others religions means u respect ur self no matter if others have different beliefs or not!

I cant find if there r benefits by doing that to islam or not. But if we didnt deny that kind of impolicy and insolence, every body will think no one will stand to support Islam and related religious countries

i've been used to see a lot of ppl Hates islam because they got BRAIN WASHED and they got surprised to realized not all muslims and arabs are terrorist xD << LMAO

what i wanted to say is .. there should be an action and that quote shouldnt be there from the beginning so it should be removed.. and use any other arabic random words like " i like apples " and repeat it to make nice shape xD

but first .. Quote of Quran in Little big planet 1 music ...
    Now that quote in toilets ....
    i can expect how bad it would end up

" btw in Afghan i saw sentence saying : death for Al-Asad enemies " Al-Asad is president of syria.. search what he done along the past year to muslims :/ "

but at the end , maybe they didnt mean to do something like that .. maybe they wanted any nice-look arabic font and handwriting.. no matter what its meaning .. think about it in both ways

and .. have a nice day
    It doesn't matter if a person respects a religion or not, I wouldn't enforce that upon anyone, no one should have that authority. It's a person's own opinion and feelings.

What I will say is that if a person goes out of their way and puts it in popular media (or things that have more exposure), that's a whole different issue. That means you're putting effort into provoking people that have certain values/views. That's completely unacceptable

Now, I can understand if someone has questions and isn't just trying to bad-mouth it. If they're open for discussion and are not completely ignorant on the subject, that's perfectly fine.

But generally that's not how it is, isn't it? It's usually some troll trying to spit ignorance and poking fun at it.

As for them just getting something that's gibberish from Arabic...they could've easily gone to a translation website and gotten it that way or could've copied some ad. Tons of other places to get it from other than a holy book.

24. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Itachi, I have no doubt of that. I generally am less cautious towards people that are religious. Though it's the same when it comes to Athiests/Agnostics/spirituals. It's the ones who don't think about it are the ones that scare me.
    Can you expand on this point? I'm not sure I grasp what you mean by 'the ones who don't think about it'.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Can you expand on this point? I'm not sure I grasp what you mean by 'the ones who don't think about it'.
    Hmm, it's hard to explain but I'll try.

Now, we all know there are religious people out there that are dummies but that's not exclusive to just religious people...it just happens so that some dummies are religious and some aren't.

Anyway, to get to the point. I've noticed (anecdotal) that serial killers are generally people that have no views about many things in life...such as morality or having some sort of a focus in life.

People that are genuinely religious...say a Buddhist monk, I feel that I'd be more inclined to trust him/her. From what I've noticed (anecdotal again) is that people who are dangerous, generally don't have awareness of themselves or what's around them.

Everyone at some point in their life, decides what to believe in and this isn't just about religion, it's about morality, everyone has some sort of a plan in life. Generally it's that they want to be good persons.

I feel like people who go out there and shoot everyone and then shoot themselves, are neither intelligent, nor religious (or truly). You have to be intelligent and have some sort of a belief to be a religious person or a non-religious person.

Again, there are dummies out there, but I'm talking about truly genuine people that have some sort of a moral following. People who just go around and believe in nothing, just are there to $#@! around...the mischief ones, are the ones I'm afraid of.

It's hard to explain but these people are godless (so-to-speak) and are not non-religious either, they just don't care. They have no right or wrong...

I hope I don't seem like I'm babbling to you, I did say that candidly and it's sort of hard to explain. If there's something you don't understand, ask away.
    Last edited by Omar; 10-13-2012 at 04:03.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Hmm, it's hard to explain but I'll try.

Now, we all know there are religious people out there that are dummies but that's not exclusive to just religious people...it just happens so that some dummies are religious and some aren't.

Anyway, to get to the point. I've noticed (anecdotal) that serial killers are generally people that have no views about many things in life...such as morality or having some sort of a focus in life.

People that are genuinely religious...say a Buddhist monk, I feel that I'd be more inclined to trust him/her than someone who is of no religion or non-religion (aethiest/agnostic/spiritual). From what I've noticed (anecdotal again) is that people who are dangerous, generally don't have awareness of themselves or what's around them.

Everyone at some point in their life, decides what to believe in and this isn't just about religion, it's about morality, everyone has some sort of a plan in life. Generally it's that they want to be good persons.

I feel like people who go out there and shoot everyone and then shoot themselves, are neither intelligent, nor religious (or truly). You have to be intelligent and have some sort of a belief to be a religious person or a non-religious person.

Again, there are dummies out there, but I'm talking about truly genuine people that have some sort of a moral following. People who just go around and believe in nothing, just are there to $#@! around...the mischief ones, are the ones I'm afraid of.

It's hard to explain but these people are godless (so-to-speak) and are not non-religious either, they just don't care. They have no right or wrong...

I hope I don't seem like I'm babbling to you, I did say that candidly and it's sort of hard to explain. If there's something you don't understand, ask away.
    what about those people that put bombs on their chest and kill alot people for 72 virgins and they do it for a higher power ?

Forum Overseer

what about those people that put bombs on their chest and kill alot people for 72 virgins and they do it for a higher power ?
    1) There's no such thing as 72 virgins or any specific amounts of virgins in Islam.

2) That covers the dummies. Read my post carefully.

29. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    has the map came back yet?

PSN ID
    the_flinch_26
    This is such a weird story. Life these days is pretty offensive in general. I can't believe that something so small could cause such a stir. Pretty crazy.

Check out my website where I feature a gamer's video!
    www.themightyflinch.com
    For my knife montages and commentaries check out-->
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMightyFlinch

Thread Information