Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyFlinch View Post
    This is such a weird story. Life these days is pretty offensive in general. I can't believe that something so small could cause such a stir. Pretty crazy.
    Alright. Some of us here have to take some sociology classes here and understand that something that others value may not be valued the same by you.

That doesn't equal to the fact that's it shouldn't be valued by them.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyFlinch View Post
    This is such a weird story. Life these days is pretty offensive in general. I can't believe that something so small could cause such a stir. Pretty crazy.
    it always has been this way. The difference is that in the world of today people actually have numerous opportunities to voice their opinion.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hmm, it's hard to explain but I'll try.

Now, we all know there are religious people out there that are dummies but that's not exclusive to just religious people...it just happens so that some dummies are religious and some aren't.

Anyway, to get to the point. I've noticed (anecdotal) that serial killers are generally people that have no views about many things in life...such as morality or having some sort of a focus in life.

People that are genuinely religious...say a Buddhist monk, I feel that I'd be more inclined to trust him/her. From what I've noticed (anecdotal again) is that people who are dangerous, generally don't have awareness of themselves or what's around them.

Everyone at some point in their life, decides what to believe in and this isn't just about religion, it's about morality, everyone has some sort of a plan in life. Generally it's that they want to be good persons.

I feel like people who go out there and shoot everyone and then shoot themselves, are neither intelligent, nor religious (or truly). You have to be intelligent and have some sort of a belief to be a religious person or a non-religious person.

Again, there are dummies out there, but I'm talking about truly genuine people that have some sort of a moral following. People who just go around and believe in nothing, just are there to $#@! around...the mischief ones, are the ones I'm afraid of.

It's hard to explain but these people are godless (so-to-speak) and are not non-religious either, they just don't care. They have no right or wrong...

I hope I don't seem like I'm babbling to you, I did say that candidly and it's sort of hard to explain. If there's something you don't understand, ask away.
    On the trusting people who are religious over those who aren't, how would you apply that to a society such as great Britain were less than half of the population claim to hold any religion and even less actually practice it. (Lots of people list themselves as Christian when the last time they went to a church was for somebodies wedding)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    On the trusting people who are religious over those who aren't, how would you apply that to a society such as great Britain were less than half of the population claim to hold any religion and even less actually practice it. (Lots of people list themselves as Christian when the last time they went to a church was for somebodies wedding)

Religion was still a factor in their lives.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I found a leaf on the ground of Estate that offended me. Welp, time to phone IW to remove that!.

Anyways what was wrong with the paintings?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I found a leaf on the ground of Estate that offended me. Welp, time to phone IW to remove that!.

Why would they choose a specific quote from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and put it above a toilet when they could just have used a random arabic painting? I can ignore it, but I understand why others can't.

In fact I have yet to see someone's bathroom with paintings inside. What was the point of it all? IW has some great artists and designers

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post

You have a good point, although while these people aren't true Christians, they aren't bad either because they're not religious. I'm sure they follow some values presented by Christianity due to the society and having Christian family/friends around.

I'm not going to say that there aren't any holes in my statment but I hope people get the gist of what I meant. I generally meant the mischief people that have no moral values. Hence they have never thought about religion or atheism, or agnosticism.

Can we say that none of those people that you've mentioned, have thought about it? I think morality goes hand-in-hand when talking about any of these subjects.

A popular non-religious argument is that we can be good without religion, thus even if you don't believe in God, you are thinking about morality.

Forum Overseer
    This would only be relevant/similar if it was rational.

Religious writings.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Why would they choose a specific quote from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and put it above a toilet when they could just have used a random arabic painting? I can ignore it, but I understand why others can't.

In fact I have yet to see someone's bathroom with paintings inside. What was the point of it all? IW has some great artists and designers
    Quote?. All I saw from the video was a guy showing a bunch of paintings. Unless the painting symbolizes their religion?.

Selected Members Council
    Quote?. All I saw from the video was a guy showing a bunch of paintings. Unless the painting symbolizes their religion?.
    The quote was written on the frame. He zoomed into the painting and explained the issue within the first minute of the video.

He also mentions in the video description that he had no intention of having the map taken down by Infinity Ward.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-19-2012 at 09:06.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The quote was written on the frame. He zoomed into the painting and explained the issue within the first minute of the video.

He also mentions in the video description that he had no intention of having the map taken down by Infinity Ward.
    I can't read Arabic. Unless you're referring to the annotations because he doesn't really explain much.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I can't read Arabic. Unless you're referring to the annotations because he doesn't really explain much.
    Bottom line, the quote was on the painting hence the map was taken down.
    I may not get it 100% correct but the quote was along the lines of:

'Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty'.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Bottom line, the quote was on the painting hence the map was taken down.
    I may not get it 100% correct but the quote was along the lines of:

'Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty'.
    and thats bad?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

lol do it make a video about it they have take it down talk about it how its offending your religion and $#@!

make eric cartman plan work

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    and thats bad?
    A quote from the Prophet(PBUH) that directly talks about God (Allah) to be framed above a toilet is disrespectful in EVERYWAY. When a quote that talks about beauty is framed over a toilet, its just plain mockery.

Why are you people so blind that you can't seem to see this?

I guess people without religion will never understand *sigh*
    Last edited by Itachi; 10-19-2012 at 17:14.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    A quote from the Prophet(PBUH) that directly talks about God (Allah) to be framed above a toilet is disrespectful in EVERYWAY. When a quote that talks about beauty is framed over a toilet, its just plain mockery.

my point is there with was no need take down a map over something so stupid. ITS WORDS from a book that you barely see IN a VIDEO GAME.

i guess people with religion will never understand

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    my point is there with was no need take down a map over something so stupid. ITS WORDS from a book that you barely see IN a VIDEO GAME.

i guess people with religion will never understand
    I mentioned in my previous post that he didn't intend for Infinity Ward to take the map down. It's in the video description. I'm surprised you aren't blaming the developers. Why not ask them when the map is going back up?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-19-2012 at 19:11.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

18. Likes Admartian , sainraja likes this post
    Master Guru

I was asking questions(Disregard the leaf part, that's just my own little humor). But in regards to religion, you are correct I'm not involved in any but it's never my intention to mock any kind of religion.

Oh and thanks for explaining it to me. I had no idea that the frame had actual writing.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I was asking questions(Disregard the leaf part, that's just my own little humor). But in regards to religion, you are correct I'm not involved in any but it's never my intention to mock any kind of religion.

Oh and thanks for explaining it to me. I had no idea that the frame had actual writing.
    It's cool,
    I was referring to the designers for the mocking part because I refuse to believe that it was a 'mistake' that no one noticed it. I mean IW designer modeled and textured the painting so how can you not know what you made?

Master Guru
    It's cool,
    I was referring to the designers for the mocking part because I refuse to believe that it was a 'mistake' that no one noticed it. I mean IW designer modeled and textured the painting so how can you not know what you made?
    Maybe someone actually added that in secret without the knowledge of everyone else. I mean the vast majority of Americans(Developers included) would never even think that the painting had Arabic writing, much less relating to Islamic religion.

Elite Guru
    It's cool,
    There's absolutely no evidence it was deliberate. You could argue it was naive not to check because of the uber-sensitivity of some Islamic followers but you need a little more evidence to suggest it was deliberate.

Unless you're taking it on faith.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    There's absolutely no evidence it was deliberate. You could argue it was naive not to check because of the uber-sensitivity of some Islamic followers but you need a little more evidence to suggest it was deliberate.

Unless you're taking it on faith.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature
    As I said, its something that didn't bother me since things like this will continue to happen and we can't really stop them. I'm saying that it'll be extremely surprising that designer didn't know what they were putting in the game. I guess that's what happens when you have to do a yearly release; you don't have time to check little details

24. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam

I see it. I still don't care.

I guess overly religious people will simply never get over themselves.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I see it. I still don't care.

I guess overly religious people will simply never get over themselves.
    You not caring is okay, you saying that its NOT disrespectful to US, is not okay.

There's a difference most people aren't seeing in this discussion.

27. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    You not caring is okay, you saying that its NOT disrespectful to US, is not okay.

There's a difference most people aren't seeing in this discussion.
    I get that it's disrespectful to you (by 'you' I am referring to the "US" in your statement). And I still don't care.

If somebody made a picture or a video of a dude taking a dump on Mohammed, or Jesus, or Buddha I still. would. not. care.

If I had to stop and worry about every time somebody said or did something disrespectful to somebody else's imaginary friends I'd never get anything done. Like a bunch of damn kids playing the "my dad can beat up your dad" game, only at least with the kids their dads are actual real LIVE people.

Thread Information