Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I get that it's disrespectful to you (by 'you' I am referring to the "US" in your statement). And I still don't care.

If somebody made a picture or a video of a dude taking a dump on Mohammed, or Jesus, or Buddha I still. would. not. care.

If I had to stop and worry about every time somebody said or did something disrespectful to somebody else's imaginary friends I'd never get anything done. Like a bunch of damn kids playing the "my dad can beat up your dad" game, only at least with the kids their dads are actual real LIVE people.
    If you don't care either way then I don't see what the problem is here?

Are you pissed that a SINGLE map from a 3 year old game is taken down? Well thousands and muslims paid activision too you know, and they don't expect to have their beliefs disrespected. Its activision's responsibility to sort this out.

2. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    If you don't care either way then I don't see what the problem is here?

Are you pissed that a SINGLE map from a 3 year old game is taken down? Well thousands and muslims paid activision too you know, and they don't expect to have their beliefs disrespected. Its activision's responsibility to sort this out.
    Actually...I don't even have MW2, so no I'm not pissed about it at personally

The problem is overly PC people complaining. You don't have the right to NOT be offended.

Who cares about if "thousands of muslims paid for the game"? What about the MILLIONS of other people who also paid for the game and don't particularly care? What about the billions of people who find killing and murdering people offensive? Should Activision be responsible for that too? Maybe replace the bullets and bombs in the game with rainbows and flowers?

If they feel disrespected, if they disagree with the content then don't play the game. It's simple. And FWIW I said the same thing to the people who got all worked up over the airport terrorism scene in MW. It's a GAME. It's about as representative of your religion and real life as the stereotype that all Canadians play hockey.

Forum Sage

The problem is overly PC people complaining. You don't have the right to NOT be offended.

Who cares about if "thousands of muslims paid for the game"? What about the MILLIONS of other people who also paid for the game and don't particularly care? What about the billions of people who find killing and murdering people offensive? Should Activision be responsible for that too? Maybe replace the bullets and bombs in the game with rainbows and flowers?

If they feel disrespected, if they disagree with the content then don't play the game. It's simple. And FWIW I said the same thing to the people who got all worked up over the airport terrorism scene in MW. It's a GAME. It's about as representative of your religion and real life as the stereotype that all Canadians play hockey.
    If you really mean all that, does it really matter that Infinity Ward is taking the time to remove the picture frame from a map in a VIDEO GAME? It doesn't matter right?

So it shouldn't matter that much if it is being removed, either. If you don't like the map being removed, don't play the game or buy any future games by them. Simple, right?

5. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

but we do

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    If you really mean all that, does it really matter that Infinity Ward is taking the time to remove the picture frame from a map in a VIDEO GAME? It doesn't matter right?

So it shouldn't matter that much if it is being removed, either. If you don't like the map being removed, don't play the game or buy any future games by them. Simple, right?
    It matters in the regard that they are bowing down to a small group of overly vocal people who find it offensive.

*IF* I was a person that not only paid for the game but also for the maps then yes I would be rather upset that it was removed. If you're going to "fix" the "mistake" (and I don't believe for one second it was a mistake) then at least don't screw your paying customers that really have nothing to do with it nor probably care about the whole thing. Leave the map be, update it behind the scenes, patch the change in, make everybody happy.

That said: I don't own MW2 because of the Activision/West & Zampella ordeal. So yes, it is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    but we do
    Oh hardy har har har

I graduated in WA near the Canadian border, went across quite a few times with my friends back in the day. Really fantastic country.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    It matters in the regard that they are bowing down to a small group of overly vocal people who find it offensive.

*IF* I was a person that not only paid for the game but also for the maps then yes I would be rather upset that it was removed. If you're going to "fix" the "mistake" (and I don't believe for one second it was a mistake) then at least don't screw your paying customers that really have nothing to do with it nor probably care about the whole thing. Leave the map be, update it behind the scenes, patch the change in, make everybody happy.

That said: I don't own MW2 because of the Activision/West & Zampella ordeal. So yes, it is that simple.

Oh hardy har har har

I graduated in WA near the Canadian border, went across quite a few times with my friends back in the day. Really fantastic country.
    did you smell all that free heath care too ?

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    did you smell all that free heath care too ?
    I was too young and having too much fun at the time to appreciate things like that, healthcare then (nearly 2 decades ago) wasn't so bad. I did appreciate how far a dollar would go though

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    For those who care, the map is back

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    That was quick.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    its not the same

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    At least it only took them a week or two...

Forum Sage

So, in other words, it is a BIG deal to you. Stop pretending that it isn't then...and btw you did not pay Activision for the quote around that frame.

Paying customers haven't been screwed. They have the map back now.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    So, in other words, it is a BIG deal to you. Stop pretending that it isn't then...and btw you did not pay Activision for the quote around that frame.

Paying customers haven't been screwed. They have the map back now.
    It is a BIG deal to me, but not for the reason you are implying: I don't care about the map, nor the game, or the stupid picture frame with some dead retards quote on it.

I just hate people who use religious nonsense to push others around.

Forum Sage
    It is a BIG deal to me, but not for the reason you are implying: I don't care about the map, nor the game, or the stupid picture frame with some dead retards quote on it.

Non-sense to you. It was a small thing which has been taken care of. It did not impact the game at all. You were asking religious people to just ignore it and move on.....why are you having trouble doing the same?

It's gone. Simple.

Activision's game isn't aimed at a particular group of people. They want as many people to buy their game as possible and making sure their customers aren't offended by their product is one way for them to appeal to everyone.

Get over it.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I guess I should close this before it gets really ugly, then.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-30-2012 at 03:32.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information