Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

Modern Warfare 2 map temporarily taken down after controversy over Islamic imagery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6JI...layer_embedded
    The "Favela" map has been temporarily removed from Modern Warfare 2 following the discovery of, and complaints about, items found in the map that are potentially offensive to Muslim gamers.

The protest video above details the offensive item: a frame containing a quote from Mohammed, hanging above a toilet – "a disrespectful place" as YouTube user "KhaleDQ84EveR" puts it. In response to the discovery of this image, Activision is planning to remove the image from both Modern Warfare 2 and 3 via separate title updates, the publisher told Kotaku.

eric catman plan is working next the Russians well want the whole Modern Warfare game be offline
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-10-2012 at 22:09. Reason: Editing thread title.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

El Presidente
    So this is not ok? But it's cool if people burn the American flag, stomp on it and such and americans are supposed to not take offense to that? Right...grow up kid. Oh and he disabled comments for his video. Wonder why...

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Soldier 95B
    Great, now they can take away something that I paid for? Stupid stupid reason to take it down. If you don't like the frame above the toilet, don't play that map, don't play that game, or don't look at it. SMFH

5. Likes Kwes likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    in that video even though he specifically said this is about video games, ppl still got mad? smh shows the mentality of the muslim community

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    This is Bull$hit! I and other people love this map. Okay, infinity ward, if you can take our maps then we'll take some our money back when we want to.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'm surprised the map designers didn't see this coming when they made the map. They can just remove the picture and it should be good no?
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    So this is not ok? But it's cool if people burn the American flag, stomp on it and such and americans are supposed to not take offense to that? Right...grow up kid. Oh and he disabled comments for his video. Wonder why...
    The thing is, religion transcends nations. Every fps shooter blows the crap outta middle eastern countries and everyone plays that happily. Lets just murder ten thousand Afghani/Iraqi/pakistani and its okay but when religion gets involved people are more than likely to react
    Last edited by Itachi; 10-08-2012 at 19:58.

9. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Even worse than the picture is all the american's that are killed in Call of Duty, in the billions. American's are not complaining about that.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Even worse than the picture is all the american's that are killed in Call of Duty, in the billions. American's are not complaining about that.
    Nobody cares about Americans.

Unbound Mercenary
    Great, now they can take away something that I paid for? Stupid stupid reason to take it down. If you don't like the frame above the toilet, don't play that map, don't play that game, or don't look at it. SMFH
    My thoughts exactly. Why in the $#@! should I care if the game offends someone else. If they don't like it, don't play it, stop screwing up everything for the rest of us!
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Soldier 95B
    discovery of, and complaints about, items found in the map that are potentially offensive to Muslim gamers

Elite Guru
    Fairly convenient time for the Call of Duty brand to be hitting the headlines, just a month before release of their next game. Don't you think?

Forum Sage

This world would be so much better without religion.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Stupid $#@!..Favela's my fave map from Mw2.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    This world would be so much better without religion.
    I wouldn't say that. I don't really care for any religion but so many places were built on religion. I couldn't imagine where certain groups would be without it.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I don't really care for any religion but so many places were built on religion. I couldn't imagine where certain groups would be without it.
    A lot further ahead with fewer people dying because they don't believe in fighting for various myths.

This guy in the video shares my views on religion...

Anyway. I think they should've kept it in the game. Freedom of speech and all. Why does it seem like the whole world is scared of the Muslim population. Whenever they say jump the world says how high.

19. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    That's what I was trying to say. You can kill people wiany nationality and people will be okay with it but when religion gets involved its a whole new story.

Forum Sage
    I think the map will be added back later......just without that picture frame.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I think the map will be added back later......just without that picture frame.
    Yeah I think so too, but that's what bothers me. How did they not see it before? Its been like 3 years since MW2 came out idk.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    This is what happens when people actively search for something to complain about.

"Not enough drama in my life, what to do.. OH I KNOW. I'll go look for some $#@! in MW2 that hurts my feelings!"

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    So they can legally take out a map I paid for? Regardless or not if its 'temporarily', sounds beast mode to me.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    $#@! controversy..man I hate living in an overly PC world sometimes, learn to take a joke at your own expense and lighten up.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Boohoohoo hew gives a $#@! i dont i think its funny, taking the map down because of that is stupid

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    $#@! controversy..man I hate living in an overly PC world sometimes, learn to take a joke at your own expense and lighten up.
    Never a truer word spoken. Amen.

Flange.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Not all things are subject to jokes. jokes are funny when your not on the receiving end

29. Likes Silvy likes this post

Thread Information