Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Have you ever thought about if your doing the right things in life?

I've been thinking about stuff lately. Do you think your life is written out? Like what if your supposed to be a certain thing? Are you scared of missing out on things? For instance, what if you go overseas and miss something back home? What if you needed to be home for that great thing to happen to you? What if you get the girl you think is your dream woman but the real one is across seas somewhere? What if you we're suppose to go to college and be a scientist? Now let's say you did go to college and be a scientist. Now one days you get called across seas to work on something and that's where you meet your dream woman. So everything would've worked out if you did the right things. What do you think about this?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    All I know, is that I am doing the best I can. You will always think you can do better, but that is because we are supposed to think like that.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I try not to think hard about it. The least I can do is try my best and make the right decisions. Not all are good but I don't that let it interfere with me being "me" Choice is pretty much yours. Live your life however you see fit.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

4. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AcesHigh291
    All the time.

I'm always thinking "What if things had gone differently?" The thing is we have to what feels right to us at the time.

Hell, I dropped out of college to pursue being a community manager in the games industry. I haven't made yet, nor does it seem like it is within my reach yet. Do I wish I was still taking classes? Not at all, I made this choice for a reason, I should stick with it. At least for the time being.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Follow me on Twitter @AcesHigh291

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesHigh291 View Post
    All the time.

I'm always thinking "What if things had gone differently?" The thing is we have to what feels right to us at the time.

Hell, I dropped out of college to pursue being a community manager in the games industry. I haven't made yet, nor does it seem like it is within my reach yet. Do I wish I was still taking classes? Not at all, I made this choice for a reason, I should stick with it. At least for the time being.

I respect anyone who takes chances like this. All the greats has took absurd options in life and did well. I hope you do well.

I've been questioning myself non stop lately though. I mean even with girls. I be like should i be with her and then i'm like what if it doesn't work out or will i be unhappy in the future.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    When I was younger I used to worry about if I'm doing right especially going thru college being so indecisive.

As far as relationships I am 100% content with my past happy I was hurt and went thru the $#@! I did. Going thru hell and back, going against friends and even my family in the last relationship. Everything in my past is what made me a man.

Right now am I doing right? I do what I think is right I do what I want to do I don't base what I'm doing right with anyones situation what's right for me may not be right for someone else. Personally I don't seek any approval from anyone I just do me and handle my own things

I'm happy with my life and I'm thankful for my past. I've done it all in my book in regards to relationships, females, cliques, ect...I know what I want and I know what's out there.

The best advise I could give anyone is don't be scared to live your life and take chance. You miss all the shots you don't take!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

8. Likes Nitey , Silvy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    When I was younger I used to worry about if I'm doing right especially going thru college being so indecisive.

As far as relationships I am 100% content with my past happy I was hurt and went thru the $#@! I did. Going thru hell and back, going against friends and even my family in the last relationship. Everything in my past is what made me a man.

Right now am I doing right? I do what I think is right I do what I want to do I don't base what I'm doing right with anyones situation what's right for me may not be right for someone else. Personally I don't seek any approval from anyone I just do me and handle my own things

I'm happy with my life and I'm thankful for my past. I've done it all in my book in regards to relationships, females, cliques, ect...I know what I want and I know what's out there.

The best advise I could give anyone is don't be scared to live your life and take chance. You miss all the shots you don't take!

This was a really good post. I'll rep when i can and i love the quote "you miss all the shots you don't take"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Its a wayne gretzky quote I borrowed but its a part of how I am and what I'm about.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AcesHigh291
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I respect anyone who takes chances like this. All the greats has took absurd options in life and did well. I hope you do well.

I've been questioning myself non stop lately though. I mean even with girls. I be like should i be with her and then i'm like what if it doesn't work out or will i be unhappy in the future.
    The thing with girls is being in a relationship with one does not stop you from meeting others. Follow what your heat tells you is good at the time.

Follow me on Twitter @AcesHigh291

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I rarely think about such things because i cant know what my real destiny is.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    I don't dwell on the past and my mistakes, made plenty of em..and absolutely can't change them so pointless to think about it. I just try to be the best man I can be. Like Aces said follow ur heart my man. When a big decision presents itself, weigh ur options and go for it..

As far as the right girl: there are way too many women out here man. None are perfect or 'the one'. Find one you can actually stand and love the $#@! outta her lol!

You don't want ur life to be full of 'what ifs'. It'll drive u mad..

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I just take life day by day. I have very huge dreams and aspirations... and I'm currently pursuing them to the best of my abilities... but I don't think for a second my life has already been painted out. I don't settle. I will never settle. If you're not happy in life, change it.

You're not "supposed to be" anything. That, to me, is a crippling belief that will keep you from ever truly being happy. Enjoy what you have. Don't linger for things that you don't. Just try to enjoy life, man... in any way you can. You could get hit my a truck tomorrow, you never know how long we have on this earth.

Allow me to quote Steve Jobs:

"Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I just graduated this past May and I kinda had an existential crisis i my life about this very subject. I went right into college after highschool and i buried my head in my books and studied very studiously for 4 years and did very well for myself in college. I graduated with many accomplishments and high grades. I graduated and was so happy. Later that night i was in bed and literally said out loud, "Well $#@!, what do i do now." I had spent 4 years working only to realize something was not right in my life. I started asking all these questions like what i wanted to get out of life etc. I had spent 4 years working toward my future and realized i forgot to live my own life in the present. Always working for tomorrow. And at that point i realized that i needed to rethink my priorities.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

16. Likes DarkVincent07, Silvy , DeviousOne likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I just graduated this past May and I kinda had an existential crisis i my life about this very subject. I went right into college after highschool and i buried my head in my books and studied very studiously for 4 years and did very well for myself in college. I graduated with many accomplishments and high grades. I graduated and was so happy. Later that night i was in bed and literally said out loud, "Well $#@!, what do i do now." I had spent 4 years working only to realize something was not right in my life. I started asking all these questions like what i wanted to get out of life etc. I had spent 4 years working toward my future and realized i forgot to live my own life in the present. Always working for tomorrow. And at that point i realized that i needed to rethink my priorities.
    You probably just said my biggest fear actually. I don't wanna work so hard and miss out on doing stuff to be honest. I wanna someone how mixed both of those perfectly....

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I can definitely relate bro! Ive slowed down with work and school just trying to get myself established in my career. While its great to work for the future you need to enjoy the present and the people around you.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    You probably just said my biggest fear actually. I don't wanna work so hard and miss out on doing stuff to be honest. I wanna someone how mixed both of those perfectly....
    It's a tough road to walk my friend, but I think once you know what you want it becomes much easier to strive toward those life goals and actually achieve them. Its also around this time that that phrase under my sig came about. "someone get me a doctor, I aint feelin' ill but i aint feelin this at all." its like i was just going through the motions of life and not actually living. I was walking around seeing people being happy and seeing people doing "things" and i just thought to myself...huh when did that happen. I wasn't unhappy i was just there. So since i've recognized this aspect about myself i've been trying to be a more "active human" basically trying to be more person like and it's not bad really this having a life thing.

I did some introspective thought and really got to the root of my problem i think. i was so terrified of rejection and being looked upon as an oddity that i never put myself out there. I got mired into playing this person who looked like me, but wasn't really me for the sake of appearances, consistency or what have you. Take for example my taste in music. I love prog rock, death metal, ambiance, pop music, classical and everything in between. Trying to explain to someone how i can listen to some brutal death metal after listening to Abba is exhausting. So these parts of my personality got hidden away and i shaved off the rough edges for the sake of "the public" but the byproduct was a bland 'pseudo human' who wasn't really doing anything i enjoyed. Because you listen to death metal society says you have to be some dark brooding teenage slackoff but i'm not. Listen to abba you are supposed to be from the 70s and into disco whatever.

There were two people on the planet i was ever "just me" with and i realized they are two of the best buds i have ever had. Great shenanigans throughout high school and beyond. Before i always prided myself on fearlessness. Cus really i'm not afraid of standard things like spiders snakes monsters you name it. pretty much nothing phased me but when i realized that i was afraid of being a person it was a "woah" moment for me because i really was terrified of just rejection. Now that i acknowledged this fear is part of me i can try to work past it and start really doing the important things in life. Its something i still struggle with and probably always will. Its like this urge to be a square and walk the line, but $#@! IT! I'm a trapezoid, and i don't give two $#@!s about the squares anymore.

I guess the moral of my bloviation is: Never fear life...just live it.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

20. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I livedin an amazing house (rented from my mother) with harbor views in front of me and a nature reserve behind. I worked 15 minutes away by foot from my home in a small city that had everything I needed. In my job I was respected and liked by the staff and management alike. I was in line for a promotion as security manager and was dating a girl who worked there.

Then one day I though "$#@! it" and decided to leave it all behind and move over to Austria with very little german skills, no job, direction or anything.

I'll never know what threads of fate I $#@!ed over with this choice, or if I was saving those threads by making it. Really, there's no point thinking about it cause we will never know and it really doesn't make any difference. We make our beds then we lie in them.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I don't believe in fate or destiny, so I think we forge our own path. So given that, we can certainly miss out on tons of great and wonderful opportunities in life.. There is no 'peace of mind' in believing that "well it was meant to be this way".

We all choose.

23. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    We can't experience everything all at once, just like we can't afford everything in this world, we have to choose the best experiences or ones we would like to take. No matter what happens, just make the most of it and ensure you are happy.

At this point in time I could have been: richer, poorer, married, divorced, with kids, lost a kid or even dead myself.

I know what I would like to happen and hopefully oneday it all does.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

25. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I've learned to live in the present and enjoy what I got going on now. I don't worry about the future since I feel I'm doing right now.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

27. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah, you use the past to learn from your mistakes. You enjoy the present and live in this moment because it's all you have. The future is just a result of what you choose to do today.

29. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah, you use the past to learn from your mistakes. You enjoy the present and live in this moment because it's all you have. The future is just a result of what you choose to do today.
    Word.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Thread Information