Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Damn looks like Sony might go the way of Sega and just be a software company. Doubt it but if they really start struggling that'll be what this is for.
    Or they are putting another finger in the pie
    Sony doesn't have much in terms of PC revenue and steam is very successful on that platform
    Having both the console market & this on other devices is very attractive for any company

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This cloud stuff is still a bit risky but it does seems like sony is gonna pull a sega. I'm starting to think that there will be no PS4 console.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    lol Then I wonder what EA CEO thought he saw when he said he saw both next gen consoles?
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    This is exciting!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol Then I wonder what EA CEO thought he saw when he said he saw both next gen consoles?
    He probably saw dev kits and not the final product. When I say no ps4 I mean not in the form we are used too. If there is gonna be a ps4 it looks like it may be coming way later than we expected.

PSU Technical Advisor
    So Mynd, you think that PS4 may instead be a cloud service?

I must admit I'm torn about it. On the one hand it means I can stick with just my PC, on the other.. Well, a dedicated console offers a real experience different than a simple streaming service.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I do expect a console but if they're gonna offer all their games on PC via Cloud then I also expect a massive drop in their hardware sales. All I'd need to do next gen is buy a DualShock 4, plug it into my laptop, hook my laptop up to my TV and done. That's what most people will do as well I'd bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think in Sony's case it would kind of make sense. I mean, the tech or infrastructure isnt there for cloud or DD only, but Sony can reach a **** load more people with the cloud, removing the price barrier on a console they don't profit from and giving people a portal to all their games from devices they already own.

Basically Presented by Apparition-Rhayne See Post

PS Versatile is presently putting Sony amusements on non PlayStation mechanisms, this actually appears to be a characteristic movement./

For more seasoned recreations, understandable. Be that as it may for most current amusements, current and cutting edge-i collect Sony need folks acquiring playstation 4's as a substitute for unequivocally streaming Uncharted 4 on their PC

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by pabonbd View Post
    Basically Presented by Apparition-Rhayne See Post

PS Versatile is presently putting Sony amusements on non PlayStation mechanisms, this actually appears to be a characteristic movement./

For more seasoned recreations, understandable. Be that as it may for most current amusements, current and cutting edge-i collect Sony need folks acquiring playstation 4's as a substitute for unequivocally streaming Uncharted 4 on their PC
    The most intriguing post I have ever read on these forums. lol

Apparition-Rhayne! I like it!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    So Mynd, you think that PS4 may instead be a cloud service?

I must admit I'm torn about it. On the one hand it means I can stick with just my PC, on the other.. Well, a dedicated console offers a real experience different than a simple streaming service.
    I don't know what to think, not much of this makes much sense, one decision seems seem counter intuitive to another.

My gut feeling is, going "no PS4" cuts the market right down, on the other hand "PC iOS Android support opens it right up again, but its a distinctly internet ready market only, and it has to be GOOD internet at that. .

If I was betting man, I'd put money on a PS4 that's more a cutdown PC box, which would allow easier porting to the PC market as proper installs, and streaming to other tablets.

The PS4 wouldn't be backwards compatible, and that would be achieved via cloud.

So my thoughts

-A PC PS4
    -Games available on both PC and PS4 via PSN
    -PS4 games available physically on media.
    -PS3 games available via streaming on all devices.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-11-2012 at 20:07.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I would avidly consume playstation titles through PC\mobile. If they could ascend the playstation brand above a simple box, this could be pretty awesome.

Still, I don't want to see the 'death' of the home console.

Soldier 95B
    Give me a Gaikai app on my Xbox AND PS, thank you!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I would avidly consume playstation titles through PC\mobile. If they could ascend the playstation brand above a simple box, this could be pretty awesome.

Still, I don't want to see the 'death' of the home console.
    I grew up with home consoles. I don't want that to change.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

15. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Looking like the PS3 will be aroung for a bit longer. With the revamp of PSN and whats going on with Gaikai I'm guessing they will be testing out the streaming thing and if it works out, that will be the big attraction of the, now seemingly theoretical "PS4".

I reiterate "this seems scary." All conjecture till they say whats what, but scary nonetheless, though to be honest, NextBox seems more likely to become a big streaming platform. They have already made such move to sugest they want Xbox and Windows ( to be center of a grad ecosystem, while Sony is only now seeming to take a more broader, encompassing aproach with the PlayStation brand though I could still see them doing something rediculously rash at the last second. And with the inhouse turbulence, change of command, and current financial issues....

Sent by the Warlock

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    ioS and andriod support. No longer do you need a PS3 to play PS3 games...err yay?
    lol Yep. Looks like alot of PS3 exclusives wont be "true" exclusives anymore since you'll be able to also play them on the PC and most likely with better graphics. I can see why Sony would do this to increase revenue since alot of their exclusives dont sell very well.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This cloud stuff is still a bit risky but it does seems like sony is gonna pull a sega. I'm starting to think that there will be no PS4 console.
    Sure looks that way.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol Yep. Looks like alot of PS3 exclusives wont be "true" exclusives anymore since you'll be able to also play them on the PC and most likely with better graphics. I can see why Sony would do this to increase revenue since alot of their exclusives dont sell very well.
    The graphics would be determined on the Gaikai side and would be the same no matter what device you played on. The tech you play on affords you the monitor and the control input, little else really. I still think there's a lot of gun jumping with the idea of PS3 games on PC...I can't see that happening personally.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You should just bite the bullet and get into it. You could wait for months for the right price which might equate to the cost of a game or 2, but you'd be able to get balls deep into some badass games. I don't know how anyone could go so far through this gen without experiencing the amazing titles Sony has put out.
    Propably the same way that you have gone so far through this gaming generation without experiencing the awesome games that the 360 has. Maybe just maybe those "amazing" Sony titles just arent appealing or "amazing" to those people just like how you say that 360 games dont appeal to you. Its all relative and amazing is definitely subjective. Personally I think both consoles have some amazing games to offer. I wouldn't want to miss out on what either console offers. But hey thats just me.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-11-2012 at 21:27.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Propably the same way that you have gone so far through this gaming generation without experiencing the awesome games that the 360 has. Maybe just maybe those "amazing" Sony titles just arent appealing or "amazing" to those people just like how you say that 360 games dont appeal to you. Its all relative and amazing is definitely subjective. Personally I think both consoles have some amazing games to offer. I wouldn't want to miss out on what either console offers. But hey thats just me.
    I am in no way saying that both consoles don't offer amazing games. Yeah it's subjective but I just find Sony's line up more varied, at least from when I chose to jump into gen 7 which was in 2009. Demon's Souls, MGS 4, inFamous, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, GoW 3, LBP, Journey...I couldn't have done without these games. Not all Sony's exclusives are run away successes of course, but those I've mentioned have been heavily lauded critically and/or by the gaming community so when I look at the breadth of game experiences I would much prefer to be a PS3 gamer who missed out on Gears, Halo, Fable and Forza than a 360 gamer who missed out on the above titles....and that's just me!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I am in no way saying that both consoles don't offer amazing games. Yeah it's subjective but I just find Sony's line up more varied, at least from when I chose to jump into gen 7 which was in 2009. Demon's Souls, MGS 4, inFamous, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, GoW 3, LBP, Journey...I couldn't have done without these games. Not all Sony's exclusives are run away successes of course, but those I've mentioned have been heavily lauded critically and/or by the gaming community so when I look at the breadth of game experiences I would much prefer to be a PS3 gamer who missed out on Gears, Halo, Fable and Forza than a 360 gamer who missed out on the above titles....and that's just me!
    Once again all subjective. I feel the opposite way if I actually had to choose. Out of the big list of Sony 1st party games only a small handful actually appeal to me and none of their games are ones I couldn't live without if I was actually forced to choose. MS may have less exclusives but the ones they do have I like better and I can say that because unlike you I've played both consoles exclusives. Just saying.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-11-2012 at 22:09.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    From reading the thread, Sony is doomed? (How many times this gen has Sony been doomed then? Is that number up to a bajillion now?)

24. Likes TDbank24, Nitey , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    From reading the thread, Sony is doomed? (How many times this gen has Sony been doomed then? Is that number up to a bajillion now?)
    Lmao
    Sony buys something for billions, "SoNy ista doomed"
    Microsoft buys a 5 day exclusivity "OmZg! MS is killing the competition!"

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    Who said Sony is doomed? That is getting a bit old now.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Pretty much. It would be the "best idea ever and Sony needs to catch up" if this was MS in this position..

I don't see a problem with this as long as they are making money. They could easily make you download an app to your ps3(no ps4 access)/ps4 so that you have to register a console in order to play 1st party titles on the pc. Turn on your system, run the app, then you can connect to the pc. That way people have to keep the console.

As for cell phones, ect., if they don't have a controller then certain games will just be impossible to play.

28. Likes Admartian likes this post

Thread Information