Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Who's fighting who? Not until Sub here responded no one was fighting anybody.
    Don't blame it on me. I just wanted to know where the doom was? You were the one who came in and commented on comments instead of the the actual topic.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Don't blame it on me. I just wanted to know where the doom was? You were the one who came in and commented on comments instead of the the actual topic.
    lol I'm not blaming it on you - just pointing out there was no conflict intended by my post.

Sure, had you not posted that would've been it. But surely you felt enough conflict and decided to post, did you not?

Well obviously, as there was a post lol.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    lol I'm not blaming it on you - just pointing out there was no conflict intended by my post.

Sure, had you not posted that would've been it. But surely you felt enough conflict and decided to post, did you not?

Well obviously, as there was a post lol.
    Well Im not sure where you read doom, or doom was inferred. Most of us were trying to figure out what Sonys play was. And given we dont think they are doomed, have come to the conclusion they are trying to open up different revenue streams.

4. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well Im not sure where you read doom, or doom was inferred. Most of us were trying to figure out what Sonys play was. And given we dont think they are doomed, have come to the conclusion they are trying to open up different revenue streams.
    Same here. Just people voicing concern over what direction sony is headed next gen.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Damn looks like Sony might go the way of Sega and just be a software company.
    This cloud stuff is still a bit risky but it does seems like sony is gonna pull a sega. I'm starting to think that there will be no PS4 console.
    My gut feeling is, going "no PS4" cuts the market right down
    Give me a Gaikai app on my Xbox
    That is just a few snips from this thread. This is just another doom and gloom, and its the same $#@!ing people week in and week out spewing the same $#@!ing crap. Will you grow the $#@! up. You all are grown men ffs. Stop stealth trolling. If you don't even own a $#@!ing playstation 3 why are you even here? People who own both console doesn't mean it will hide you from your inner fan girl. Sony will be here next gen and the next gen after that. There will be a PS4 and it will be released in late Japan 2013 and early 2014 for the rest of us.

I am really getting sick of this place, the way the same people $#@!ing stealth troll, the MODS know who they are, we all know who they are, but $#@! all seems to get done.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

7. Likes Admartian , TDbank24, MartyRules, Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    That is just a few snips from this thread. This is just another doom and gloom, and its the same $#@!ing people week in and week out spewing the same $#@!ing crap. Will you grow the $#@! up. You all are grown men ffs. Stop stealth trolling. If you don't even own a $#@!ing playstation 3 why are you even here? People who own both console doesn't mean it will hide you from your inner fan girl. Sony will be here next gen and the next gen after that. There will be a PS4 and it will be released in late Japan 2013 and early 2014 for the rest of us.

I am really getting sick of this place, the way the same people $#@!ing stealth troll, the MODS know who they are, we all know who they are, but $#@! all seems to get done.
    You tell em, boss!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Oh dear lord I'm sorry but you seem to be taking a lot of stuff out of context. And putting what I said in there as musings is just ridiculous. Did you even $#@!ing read what I wrote?
    Take a chill pill and relax.
    People are allowed to do some conjecture. And if you did read the thread you'd understand where most of us are coming from.
    See it seems ok for you to participate in conjecture as long as
    its positive, frankly I think this is a positive conjecture but clearly you can't understand it.

Ffs!
    Last edited by mynd; 10-12-2012 at 09:59.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

It's called Tall poppy syndrome. Some people feel the need to try and find a negative light to what is generally good or interesting news. Sony is not going anywhere, Kaz has already said there will be physical media next gen and the EA CEO has seen both next gen consoles. There is way more evidence to suggest that this news will only bring more diversity to Sony's gaming ecosystem and is a fantastic way for it to bring it's juggernaut games catalog to a variety of devices. But!!! If it's a technology that's missing from your console of choice, it's ALL $#@!ING OVER! IT'S OVER! Of course it's all speculation and there is no harm in discussing the many possible meanings and outcomes that this could bring, so it#s all good really. As I said, there is more evidence to bury the doom and gloom side of the discussion than there is to back it.

11. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    It's called Tall poppy syndrome. Some people feel the need to try and find a negative light to what is generally good or interesting news. Sony is not going anywhere, Kaz has already said there will be physical media next gen and the EA CEO has seen both next gen consoles. There is way more evidence to suggest that this news will only bring more diversity to Sony's gaming ecosystem and is a fantastic way for it to bring it's juggernaut games catalog to a variety of devices. But!!! If it's a technology that's missing from your console of choice, it's ALL $#@!ING OVER! IT'S OVER!
    And the weird thing is I agree with you regarding what Sony is doing. I even have said it but no apparently I'm negative. WTF?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Mod Edit.
    Last edited by dc89; 10-12-2012 at 21:23.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hey, c'mon pal, it's not such a big deal. Whose words here can have any bearing on the reality of things? People can express their views from any angle they choose as long as it's civil. If people thing it#s doom and gloom, let time prove them wrong.

15. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Hey, c'mon pal, it's not such a big deal. Whose words here can have any bearing on the reality of things? People can express their views from any angle they choose as long as it's civil. If people thing it#s doom and gloom, let time prove them wrong.

You are 100% right. I am having a real bad morning. Its just the same people time after time.

17. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    You are 100% right. I am having a real bad morning. Its just the same people time after time.
    Don't worry, you're not alone, I've had quite a $#@!ty week too. Well, there are more optimistic people around here who don't always see things in such a worst case scenario type way. Enjoy their input and don't be troubled by the rest!

In any event, bring it on Sonykai!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Wow you must have had the $#@!tiest day ever. Not sure what I've said or done to piss you off so much by suggesting Sony may tack a different tact next generaton. If that is so distressing to you that Sony may change their philosophy, to make more money (which is their objective) you may need to take a good look at what you value in life.
    Sony isn't going anywhere, they have the single best 1st party studios and if they can leverage them to make more money good on them.

Forum Overseer
    Wait, this turned into a doom/gloom thread? lol. Nice.

21. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You are in the Sony zone my friend. Here, all news is bad news.

On topic: I can't wait for the announcement they mention on the site. So eager to see how they will implement this...Also can't wait to learn about the changes and advancements they have made.

Forum Elder

Bravo my man !

One of the reasons why i took a break from this forum is the console warriors, and they know who they are, that makes this forum an unpleasant experience.

No one talked about doom and gloom ? Really ? Stealth trolling, ya know what it is ? The funny thing is it's always the same people, some don't even own a PS3 and argue about it... lol

I really hope for the sake of gaming that Sony will be back next gen and the gen after, they're the only company, Nintendo is close, that really cares about GAMES ! and continue to invest in that. I like the way they do their thing, taking risks and making fun varied and original games. Their games may not be for everybody but who cares, i'm not a shareholder or some $#@!... i just want to play games and lots of them.

Also, PS+ now is an amazing service !!! Say what you want to say but i now love it way more than Xbox Live which i see less and less reasons to pay for.

This gen wasn't easy for them but it's okay, i think they learned their lesson and hope they will come back strong enough to stay in the game.

24. Likes Admartian , TDbank24, Nitey , Ghost likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Both parties should probably calm down. Let's resume talk on Gaikai.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

26. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ddPLaNeT View Post
    Bravo my man ! One of the reasons why i took a break from this forum is the console warriors, and they know who they are, that makes this forum an unpleasant experience. No one talked about doom and gloom ? Really ? Stealth trolling, ya know what it is ? The funny thing is it's always the same people, some don't even own a PS3 and argue about it... lol I really hope for the sake of gaming that Sony will be back next gen and the gen after, they're the only company, Nintendo is close, that really cares about GAMES ! and continue to invest in that. I like the way they do their thing, taking risks and making fun varied and original games. Their games may not be for everybody but who cares, i'm not a shareholder or some $#@!... i just want to play games and lots of them. Also, PS+ now is an amazing service !!! Say what you want to say but i now love it way more than Xbox Live which i see less and less reasons to pay for. This gen wasn't easy for them but it's okay, i think they learned their lesson and hope they will come back strong enough to stay in the game.
    I do agree about PS+. I just resubbed recently and now I think I'll just let my gold lapse to Silver (unless I see another 2 months for 2 dollars deal on my dashboard) since PS+ is a better value for my money and I dont even play online that much. I'll be playing Halo 4 more for the campaign anyway. But now with PS+ I see I'm going to need a bigger hdd. lol I might have to break down and get the 250gig Uncharted 3 (with all the DLC) bundle or wait for the AC3 500gig bundle. I'm still rolling with an 80gig Phat right now.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-12-2012 at 18:56.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Apparently. Have a read you'll find a whole heap of stuff about how Sony are doomed, and will close up next generation and go away.

You won't find anyone discussing possible reasons or courses of action Sony "may" take. They "may not" take, reasons and a logical discussion regarding what they may do next generation.

I find it quite unbelievable that people can't discuss what Sony may or may not do in the future based on the news that the are advertising PS3 games on the Gakai site, or that iOS and Android support is being worked on.

Some of those possibilities raised maybe things others don't want to here.

Some people may raise those options and reveille in them, that is the nature of these forums. But you can't deny that they are possibilities. No one really knows what's going to happen, it's all conjecture.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-12-2012 at 18:58.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Apparently. Have a read you'll find a whole heap of stuff about how Sony are doomed, and will close up next generation and go away.

You won't find anyone discussing possible reasons or courses of action Sony "may" take. They "may not" take, reasons and a logical discussion regarding what they may do next generation.

I find it quite unbelievable that people can't discuss what Sony may or may not do in the future based on the news that the are advertising PS3 games on the Gakai site, or that iOS and Android support is being worked on.

Some of those possibilities raised maybe things others don't want to here.

Some people may raise those options and reveille in them, that is the nature of these forums. But you can't deny that they are possibilities. No one really knows what's going to happen, it's all conjecture.
    Definitely some pros and cons to this whole thing.

http://pshomegazette.com/2012/07/03/...e-console-era/

Master Guru

Well you didn't sugar coat it at all. It's been this way since day one that i've been a member of these forums. PS3 fans get excited for something, Xbox fans pull the hype card and say Sony is doomed. I don't get it.

Hey, maybe Sony really is hurting worse than we think and you know what would help them? Buying and playing their great console and games that they work their ass off to put out instead of pointlessly lambasting them for every move they make on a gaming forum.

Anyone who thinks Sony getting pushed out of the gaming industry would be a good thing isn't a gamer. Competition is a good thing.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    There will be a PS4 and it will be released in late Japan 2013 and early 2014 for the rest of us.
    Your source?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Well you didn't sugar coat it at all. It's been this way since day one that i've been a member of these forums. PS3 fans get excited for something, Xbox fans pull the hype card and say Sony is doomed. I don't get it. Hey, maybe Sony really is hurting worse than we think and you know what would help them? Buying and playing their great console and games that they work their ass off to put out instead of pointlessly lambasting them for every move they make on a gaming forum. Anyone who thinks Sony getting pushed out of the gaming industry would be a good thing isn't a gamer. Competition is a good thing.
    I guess you missed Blacksites post telling everybody to get back on topic? All this finger pointing just derails the thread.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I guess you missed Blacksites post telling everybody to get back on topic? All this finger pointing just derails the thread.
    Yup, i did. Sometimes i respond to posts without reading through 5 pages of drivel first.

Sorry, i'm a busy man. My apologies.

Thread Information