Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 141
  1. #101
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Holy $#@!storm what happen to this thread?

    Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #102
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    826
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    101,587 (0 Banked)
    This thread is gold , but seriously I see nothing but good coming from this. Hope we get more details soon

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  3. #103
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,233
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,750 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Apparently. Have a read you'll find a whole heap of stuff about how Sony are doomed, and will close up next generation and go away.

    You won't find anyone discussing possible reasons or courses of action Sony "may" take. They "may not" take, reasons and a logical discussion regarding what they may do next generation.

    I find it quite unbelievable that people can't discuss what Sony may or may not do in the future based on the news that the are advertising PS3 games on the Gakai site, or that iOS and Android support is being worked on.

    Some of those possibilities raised maybe things others don't want to here.

    Some people may raise those options and reveille in them, that is the nature of these forums. But you can't deny that they are possibilities. No one really knows what's going to happen, it's all conjecture.
    I completely read mankind's quotes out of context.

    I can see where some people are coming up with it. A little extreme but arguable.

  4. #104
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Holy $#@!storm what happen to this thread? Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    Some people just couldn't handle other peoples opinions/speculations on this topic. But its over now so we're moving on.

  5. #105
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,612
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    8,285 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Your source?

    My ass

    I think that is what will happen, just a guess on my end. Xbox next will be out next year and I cant see Sony waiting again. That was also a guess about the next Xbox.


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  6. #106
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    My ass I think that is what will happen, just a guess on my end. Xbox next will be out next year and I cant see Sony waiting again. That was also a guess about the next Xbox.
    lol Good one. Yeah I agree. I dont see Sony letting MS get a year lead again.

  7. #107
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol Good one. Yeah I agree. I dont see Sony letting MS get a year lead again.
    Which is a dumb move we can all agree but looks inevitable...smh

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  8. #108
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,009
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    62,288 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Which is a dumb move we can all agree but looks inevitable...smh
    yea, but there isn't much they can do about it. No telling when MS starting working on next gen. I think they started much earlier than they will admit to. It doesn't look like we will see PS4 before 2014. With this Gaikai purchase its hard to say what we will be seeing in the near future.

  9. #109
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just stay on topic!! Let the staff deal with posts which are off topic or breaking the rules and just carry on the discussion. Right, talk about Gaikai from here on out!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  10. Likes Nitey likes this post
  11. #110
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,646
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    36,098 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    gaikai purchase means the ps3 will be able to handle next gen games via streaming until sony is ready to announce/launch the next console

  12. #111
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,009
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    62,288 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88;5924782[B
    ][/B]gaikai purchase means the ps3 will be able to handle next gen games via streaming until sony is ready to announce/launch the next console
    Wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose? If they can somehow get next gen games to stream through ps3, why the need for PS4.

  13. #112
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,118
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,807 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I always thought Sony should've bought OnLive instead. Looks like they made the right choice.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  14. #113
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I always thought Sony should've bought OnLive instead. Looks like they made the right choice.
    They sold onlive cheap surprised MS or even sony didn't buy onlive for the price it was sold for....that was a steal!

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  15. #114
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,810
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    166,835 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    MS already big in the cloud, I don't think they need someone else to show them how to do it. As for defeating the purpose of a PS4.

    Not everyone has Internet, or even capable internet.

  16. #115
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,009
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    62,288 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    =mynd;5924803]MS already big in the cloud, I don't think they need someone else to show them how to do it.
    No doubt.

    As for defeating the purpose of a PS4.

    Not everyone has Internet, or even capable internet.
    True. That's one of the reason why I say this whole thing is pretty risky right now unless we get a serious boost in internet speeds.

  17. #116
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,465
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    34,329 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose? If they can somehow get next gen games to stream through ps3, why the need for PS4.
    Is it seriously THAT hard to understand that a technology like Gaikai would simply broaden the user base? Consoles for those that are actually into gaming and a streaming service for those that just want to play Uncharted 4 and that's it.

    Also, when you're going on vacation you would not have to think about carrying your big ass console around anymore.

    I think mankind (as in the PSU user) was totally right about you...



  18. Likes Admartian likes this post
  19. #117
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,118
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,807 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    MS already big in the cloud, I don't think they need someone else to show them how to do it. As for defeating the purpose of a PS4.

    Not everyone has Internet, or even capable internet.
    I don't think that was what the purchase was for.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  20. #118
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,009
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    62,288 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Is it seriously THAT hard to understand that a technology like Gaikai would simply broaden the user base? Consoles for those that are actually into gaming and a streaming service for those that just want to play Uncharted 4 and that's it.

    Also, when you're going on vacation you would not have to think about carrying your big ass console around anymore.
    Sounds ok but I don't believe sony will go that route. I could be wrong but I don't see them spending all that money towards PS4 resources and then spending even more to keep cloud servers running. Developers will go with what is cheapest and suits them best, especially third party.

    I think mankind (as in the PSU user) was totally right about you...
    It doesn't bother me. He is entitled to his opinion, whatever it was.

  21. #119
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No doubt. True. That's one of the reason why I say this whole thing is pretty risky right now unless we get a serious boost in internet speeds.
    And even with faster speeds alot of IP's in the US still impose bandwidth caps (mine doesn't fortunately). So I believe that we will see an actual PS4 home console. Sony is just looking at extra ways to increase software revenues through those consumers on other platforms like the PC who do have fast internet and no bandwidth caps. IMO. Pure speculation of course.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-12-2012 at 23:47.

  22. #120
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,233
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,750 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And even with faster speeds alot of IP's in the US still impose bandwidth caps (mine doesn't fortunately). So I believe that we will see an actual PS4 home console. Sony is just looking at extra ways to increase software revenues through those consumers on other platforms like the PC who do have fast internet and no bandwidth caps. IMO. Pure speculation of course.
    Thread.

    Sony has too much to lose to try something like this. Even if this is their goal, it's too early to completely go into it.

    They might go this way next generation but we all know almost everyone will (or should anyway by then).

  23. #121
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,009
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    62,288 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And even with faster speeds alot of IP's in the US still impose bandwidth caps (mine doesn't fortunately). So I believe that we will see an actual PS4 home console. Sony is just looking at extra ways to increase software revenues through those consumers on other platforms like the PC who do have fast internet and no bandwidth caps. IMO. Pure speculation of course.
    yea, you have a point. I don't see them spending too much
    money on everything all at once. I still say this cloud thing is pretty risky right now. They can make decisions on their first party software but its a different story with other publishers because they will want to give their ips the best chances of success.

  24. #122
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    yea, you have a point. I don't see them spending too much money on everything all at once. I still say this cloud thing is pretty risky right now. They can make decisions on their first party software but its a different story with other publishers because they will want to give their ips the best chances of success.
    Oh yeah I think this will most likely be limited to certain first party games. 3rd party publishers already have their games spread across multiple platforms anyway.

  25. #123
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,233
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,750 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    But then we also have Onlive, I'm sure everyone wants a piece of that pie.

  26. #124
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    5,855 (0 Banked)
    Perhaps I don't understand but I don't see how Sony's venture into Gaikai means there is not another console coming late 2013 and spring 2014. To me this is Sony leveraging one of its most successful divisions to help resurrect their other suffering electronic divisions. I would be highly...highly surprised for them to release next gen games on their unless the demand calls for it but ps1, ps2, psn, and ps3 games certainly. Every Sony TV, mobile device, and lap top will have the Gaikai app preloaded (probably with vouchers for free games and so on) that will help them sell their games...and the Gaikai service. Imagine you buy a laptop for school. You have a free subscription to this Gaikai and its already downloaded and ready to go....you see that it has say $50 free dollars to spend on games...you spend them...enjoy the games and when you use the money you probably are going to buy more...or say played UC3 and think..well UC4 will be out on PS4...perhaps I want to buy a new playstation to continue playing these great franchises. They make money off the service....they have a wider audience to play their games...and another marketing tool to bring more people into the playstation family and another feature to attract consumers to their tvs, mobile devices, and laptops.

    I also agree this will be their way to introduce backwards compatability to their console too. Its much more simple and is a selling point people seem to make a big deal about. I don't think this is a game changer...I don't think its a huge deal but it will allow people more access to the playstation library and give people more reason to purchase Gaikai service who would exclusively have these PS games or buy Sony devices to enjoy access to the service. When you look at features of a Samsung TV and a Sony TV of equal size and quality its difficult to convince people to make that purchase...but throw in features like Gaikai and vouchers for free games and access...it will be a selling point. Not for everyone but one that will move some purchasers.
    Last edited by davin_g; 10-13-2012 at 01:29.

  27. #125
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    21
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    9,121 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Perhaps I don't understand but I don't see how Sony's venture into Gaikai means there is not another console coming late 2013 and spring 2014. To me this is Sony leveraging one of its most successful divisions to help resurrect their other suffering electronic divisions. I would be highly...highly surprised for them to release next gen games on their unless the demand calls for it but ps1, ps2, psn, and ps3 games certainly. Every Sony TV, mobile device, and lap top will have the Gaikai app preloaded (probably with vouchers for free games and so on) that will help them sell their games...and the Gaikai service. Imagine you buy a laptop for school. You have a free subscription to this Gaikai and its already downloaded and ready to go....you see that it has say $50 free dollars to spend on games...you spend them...enjoy the games and when you use the money you probably are going to buy more...or say played UC3 and think..well UC4 will be out on PS4...perhaps I want to buy a new playstation to continue playing these great franchises. They make money off the service....they have a wider audience to play their games...and another marketing tool to bring more people into the playstation family and another feature to attract consumers to their tvs, mobile devices, and laptops.

    I also agree this will be their way to introduce backwards compatability to their console too. Its much more simple and is a selling point people seem to make a big deal about. I don't think this is a game changer...I don't think its a huge deal but it will allow people more access to the playstation library and give people more reason to purchase Gaikai service who would exclusively have these PS games or buy Sony devices to enjoy access to the service. When you look at features of a Samsung TV and a Sony TV of equal size and quality its difficult to convince people to make that purchase...but throw in features like Gaikai and vouchers for free games and access...it will be a selling point. Not for everyone but one that will move some purchasers.

    This is exactly what I see happening. I just hope the BC part comes with it

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.