Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Holy $#@!storm what happen to this thread?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    This thread is gold , but seriously I see nothing but good coming from this. Hope we get more details soon

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Apparently. Have a read you'll find a whole heap of stuff about how Sony are doomed, and will close up next generation and go away.

You won't find anyone discussing possible reasons or courses of action Sony "may" take. They "may not" take, reasons and a logical discussion regarding what they may do next generation.

I find it quite unbelievable that people can't discuss what Sony may or may not do in the future based on the news that the are advertising PS3 games on the Gakai site, or that iOS and Android support is being worked on.

Some of those possibilities raised maybe things others don't want to here.

Some people may raise those options and reveille in them, that is the nature of these forums. But you can't deny that they are possibilities. No one really knows what's going to happen, it's all conjecture.
    I completely read mankind's quotes out of context.

I can see where some people are coming up with it. A little extreme but arguable.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Holy $#@!storm what happen to this thread? Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    Some people just couldn't handle other peoples opinions/speculations on this topic. But its over now so we're moving on.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Your source?

My ass

I think that is what will happen, just a guess on my end. Xbox next will be out next year and I cant see Sony waiting again. That was also a guess about the next Xbox.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    My ass I think that is what will happen, just a guess on my end. Xbox next will be out next year and I cant see Sony waiting again. That was also a guess about the next Xbox.
    lol Good one. Yeah I agree. I dont see Sony letting MS get a year lead again.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    lol Good one. Yeah I agree. I dont see Sony letting MS get a year lead again.
    Which is a dumb move we can all agree but looks inevitable...smh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Which is a dumb move we can all agree but looks inevitable...smh
    yea, but there isn't much they can do about it. No telling when MS starting working on next gen. I think they started much earlier than they will admit to. It doesn't look like we will see PS4 before 2014. With this Gaikai purchase its hard to say what we will be seeing in the near future.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Just stay on topic!! Let the staff deal with posts which are off topic or breaking the rules and just carry on the discussion. Right, talk about Gaikai from here on out!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

10. Likes Nitey likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    gaikai purchase means the ps3 will be able to handle next gen games via streaming until sony is ready to announce/launch the next console

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88;5924782[B
    ][/B]gaikai purchase means the ps3 will be able to handle next gen games via streaming until sony is ready to announce/launch the next console
    Wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose? If they can somehow get next gen games to stream through ps3, why the need for PS4.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I always thought Sony should've bought OnLive instead. Looks like they made the right choice.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I always thought Sony should've bought OnLive instead. Looks like they made the right choice.
    They sold onlive cheap surprised MS or even sony didn't buy onlive for the price it was sold for....that was a steal!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    MS already big in the cloud, I don't think they need someone else to show them how to do it. As for defeating the purpose of a PS4.

Not everyone has Internet, or even capable internet.

Elite Sage
    =mynd;5924803]MS already big in the cloud, I don't think they need someone else to show them how to do it.
    No doubt.

As for defeating the purpose of a PS4.

True. That's one of the reason why I say this whole thing is pretty risky right now unless we get a serious boost in internet speeds.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose? If they can somehow get next gen games to stream through ps3, why the need for PS4.
    Is it seriously THAT hard to understand that a technology like Gaikai would simply broaden the user base? Consoles for those that are actually into gaming and a streaming service for those that just want to play Uncharted 4 and that's it.

Also, when you're going on vacation you would not have to think about carrying your big ass console around anymore.

I think mankind (as in the PSU user) was totally right about you...

18. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    MS already big in the cloud, I don't think they need someone else to show them how to do it. As for defeating the purpose of a PS4.

I don't think that was what the purchase was for.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Is it seriously THAT hard to understand that a technology like Gaikai would simply broaden the user base? Consoles for those that are actually into gaming and a streaming service for those that just want to play Uncharted 4 and that's it.

Also, when you're going on vacation you would not have to think about carrying your big ass console around anymore.
    Sounds ok but I don't believe sony will go that route. I could be wrong but I don't see them spending all that money towards PS4 resources and then spending even more to keep cloud servers running. Developers will go with what is cheapest and suits them best, especially third party.

I think mankind (as in the PSU user) was totally right about you...
    It doesn't bother me. He is entitled to his opinion, whatever it was.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    No doubt. True. That's one of the reason why I say this whole thing is pretty risky right now unless we get a serious boost in internet speeds.
    And even with faster speeds alot of IP's in the US still impose bandwidth caps (mine doesn't fortunately). So I believe that we will see an actual PS4 home console. Sony is just looking at extra ways to increase software revenues through those consumers on other platforms like the PC who do have fast internet and no bandwidth caps. IMO. Pure speculation of course.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-12-2012 at 23:47.

Forum Overseer
    And even with faster speeds alot of IP's in the US still impose bandwidth caps (mine doesn't fortunately). So I believe that we will see an actual PS4 home console. Sony is just looking at extra ways to increase software revenues through those consumers on other platforms like the PC who do have fast internet and no bandwidth caps. IMO. Pure speculation of course.
    Thread.

Sony has too much to lose to try something like this. Even if this is their goal, it's too early to completely go into it.

They might go this way next generation but we all know almost everyone will (or should anyway by then).

Elite Sage
    yea, you have a point. I don't see them spending too much
    money on everything all at once. I still say this cloud thing is pretty risky right now. They can make decisions on their first party software but its a different story with other publishers because they will want to give their ips the best chances of success.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    yea, you have a point. I don't see them spending too much money on everything all at once. I still say this cloud thing is pretty risky right now. They can make decisions on their first party software but its a different story with other publishers because they will want to give their ips the best chances of success.
    Oh yeah I think this will most likely be limited to certain first party games. 3rd party publishers already have their games spread across multiple platforms anyway.

Forum Overseer
    But then we also have Onlive, I'm sure everyone wants a piece of that pie.

Superior Member

Perhaps I don't understand but I don't see how Sony's venture into Gaikai means there is not another console coming late 2013 and spring 2014. To me this is Sony leveraging one of its most successful divisions to help resurrect their other suffering electronic divisions. I would be highly...highly surprised for them to release next gen games on their unless the demand calls for it but ps1, ps2, psn, and ps3 games certainly. Every Sony TV, mobile device, and lap top will have the Gaikai app preloaded (probably with vouchers for free games and so on) that will help them sell their games...and the Gaikai service. Imagine you buy a laptop for school. You have a free subscription to this Gaikai and its already downloaded and ready to go....you see that it has say $50 free dollars to spend on games...you spend them...enjoy the games and when you use the money you probably are going to buy more...or say played UC3 and think..well UC4 will be out on PS4...perhaps I want to buy a new playstation to continue playing these great franchises. They make money off the service....they have a wider audience to play their games...and another marketing tool to bring more people into the playstation family and another feature to attract consumers to their tvs, mobile devices, and laptops.

I also agree this will be their way to introduce backwards compatability to their console too. Its much more simple and is a selling point people seem to make a big deal about. I don't think this is a game changer...I don't think its a huge deal but it will allow people more access to the playstation library and give people more reason to purchase Gaikai service who would exclusively have these PS games or buy Sony devices to enjoy access to the service. When you look at features of a Samsung TV and a Sony TV of equal size and quality its difficult to convince people to make that purchase...but throw in features like Gaikai and vouchers for free games and access...it will be a selling point. Not for everyone but one that will move some purchasers.
    Last edited by davin_g; 10-13-2012 at 01:29.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Perhaps I don't understand but I don't see how Sony's venture into Gaikai means there is not another console coming late 2013 and spring 2014. To me this is Sony leveraging one of its most successful divisions to help resurrect their other suffering electronic divisions. I would be highly...highly surprised for them to release next gen games on their unless the demand calls for it but ps1, ps2, psn, and ps3 games certainly. Every Sony TV, mobile device, and lap top will have the Gaikai app preloaded (probably with vouchers for free games and so on) that will help them sell their games...and the Gaikai service. Imagine you buy a laptop for school. You have a free subscription to this Gaikai and its already downloaded and ready to go....you see that it has say $50 free dollars to spend on games...you spend them...enjoy the games and when you use the money you probably are going to buy more...or say played UC3 and think..well UC4 will be out on PS4...perhaps I want to buy a new playstation to continue playing these great franchises. They make money off the service....they have a wider audience to play their games...and another marketing tool to bring more people into the playstation family and another feature to attract consumers to their tvs, mobile devices, and laptops.

I also agree this will be their way to introduce backwards compatability to their console too. Its much more simple and is a selling point people seem to make a big deal about. I don't think this is a game changer...I don't think its a huge deal but it will allow people more access to the playstation library and give people more reason to purchase Gaikai service who would exclusively have these PS games or buy Sony devices to enjoy access to the service. When you look at features of a Samsung TV and a Sony TV of equal size and quality its difficult to convince people to make that purchase...but throw in features like Gaikai and vouchers for free games and access...it will be a selling point. Not for everyone but one that will move some purchasers.

This is exactly what I see happening. I just hope the BC part comes with it

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Thread Information