Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 141

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

    Gaikai site Sonyfied. :D

    http://gaikai.com/ - Seems like something is brewing and there will be some announcements sometime in the not so distant future. Alot of interesting titles strewn around the site's wallpapers, get'em on the cloud Sony!

    Saw this on NeoGAF

  2. #2
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,367
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,864 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ioS and andriod support.

    No longer do you need a PS3 to play PS3 games...err yay?

  3. #3
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    ioS and andriod support.

    No longer do you need a PS3 to play PS3 games...err yay?
    Yeah.. haha wouldn't that be a $#@! move

  4. #4
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,367
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,864 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Yeah.. haha wouldn't that be a $#@! move
    Oh I m not joking.....

    After we discovered that Gaikai’s new site is literally teeming with reveals of AAA games coming to the service, we didn’t stop digging, finding stuff like the above humorous image, and some more new information – Gaikai is coming to Android, iOS and more.

    Job listings often leave much to the imagination, so it’s hard to know what they are working on, but Gaikai’s listing for an “Android/Java Programmer” is incredibly obvious. It states:

    Responsibilities:

    Successfully get Gaikai running on Android and other mobile devices
    Help design and build UI for Gaikai and affiliated pages in order to optimize visual and functional appeal for Android and other mobile devices
    Work closely with the tech team and ensure all designs meet specifications and standards for the web, and have cross-platform usability and accessibility
    Find innovative ways to incorporate new ideas into the mobile user experience

    And before you think that Android is the only focus, it mentions that applicants must have “Experience in application development for multiple platforms (iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Mobile)”.

    On top of that, the Senior Programmer’s responsibilities are to “Create/maintain iPhone/iPad (or other) client”.

    Previously, PSLS exclusively uncovered that Gaikai was working on bringing their platform to iOS devices prior to the Sony buyout.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...obile-devices/

  5. #5
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    lol i see. Well still, I don't see any PS4 games going on the cloud for other devices... Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot on that one BIG TIME.

    That, and I'm not a fan of cloud gaming, at all. Having to constantly be connected, not actually owning games, much less reliability, lag. so many negatives

  6. #6
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,367
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,864 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    lol i see. Well still, I don't see any PS4 games going on the cloud for other devices... Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot on that one BIG TIME.

    That, and I'm not a fan of cloud gaming, at all. Having to constantly be connected, not actually owning games, much less reliability, lag. so many negatives
    Its a dumb move to do it for PS games period.
    Either that or Sony is signalling there is no PS4.

    Don't forget this....

    cloud gaming service Gaikai has commented that one of the current console manufacturers actually won't be creating another console for the next generation. Speaking during CES , Nanea Reeves, chief product officer for Gaikai, predicted, "Not all of the current console makers will have one more generation. That will be the big news at E3."
    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/s...edicts-gaikai/

    What if the PS4 is a cloud only console? Or the Orbis is merely the dev/server kits?

  7. #7
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    1,716 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sounds scary.


  8. #8
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    ioS and andriod support.

    No longer do you need a PS3 to play PS3 games...err yay?
    PS Mobile is already putting Sony games on non PlayStation devices, this just seems like a natural progression.

  9. #9
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    PS Mobile is already putting Sony games on non PlayStation devices, this just seems like a natural progression.
    For older games, understandable. But for newest games, current and next gen - i assume Sony want people buying playstation 4's instead of just streaming Uncharted 4 on their PC

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    For older games, understandable. But for newest games, current and next gen - i assume Sony want people buying playstation 4's instead of just streaming Uncharted 4 on their PC
    Oh ja naturally. I anticipate that the service will offer different content to different device types.

  11. #11
    Elite Member
    hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    4,998 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    For older games, understandable. But for newest games, current and next gen - i assume Sony want people buying playstation 4's instead of just streaming Uncharted 4 on their PC
    I think that most of the games will probably be old and if they are new you would still have to purchase them onlive allows you to play a game for a certain amount of days 3 to 5 or you have to option to buy the full game. The thing about cloud gaming is that you wouldn't need a powerful computer to run games the network is doing it for you and streaming it back to you. I think you will see most people still playing on consoles because of concerns with lag or crashed servers.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We don’t want to do a PS3 game," or "It’s really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

  12. #12
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    ioS and andriod support. No longer do you need a PS3 to play PS3 games...err yay?
    lol Yep. Looks like alot of PS3 exclusives wont be "true" exclusives anymore since you'll be able to also play them on the PC and most likely with better graphics. I can see why Sony would do this to increase revenue since alot of their exclusives dont sell very well.

  13. #13
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol Yep. Looks like alot of PS3 exclusives wont be "true" exclusives anymore since you'll be able to also play them on the PC and most likely with better graphics. I can see why Sony would do this to increase revenue since alot of their exclusives dont sell very well.
    The graphics would be determined on the Gaikai side and would be the same no matter what device you played on. The tech you play on affords you the monitor and the control input, little else really. I still think there's a lot of gun jumping with the idea of PS3 games on PC...I can't see that happening personally.

  14. #14
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That is so cool.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  15. #15
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,928
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    5,299 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like the new look of the site. I'm really looking forward to next year's E3 and the imminent PlayStation 4 unveiling.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

    Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

  16. #16
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,731
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    35,947 (0 Banked)
    I'm positive Sony will innovate with Gaikai and cloud gaming will the pinnacle of entertainment.


  17. #17
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd be pretty $#@!ing depressed


    Via Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    You should just bite the bullet and get into it. You could wait for months for the right price which might equate to the cost of a game or 2, but you'd be able to get balls deep into some badass games. I don't know how anyone could go so far through this gen without experiencing the amazing titles Sony has put out.

  19. #19
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,367
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,864 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    You should just bite the bullet and get into it. You could wait for months for the right price which might equate to the cost of a game or 2, but you'd be able to get balls deep into some badass games. I don't know how anyone could go so far through this gen without experiencing the amazing titles Sony has put out.
    Same way I haven't managed to finish half my games - a wife and kids

    Mind you I've got rid of the wife part

  20. #20
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Same way I haven't managed to finish half my games - a wife and kids

    Mynd you, I've got rid of the wife part
    I feel like this edit is necessary

  21. #21
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    You should just bite the bullet and get into it. You could wait for months for the right price which might equate to the cost of a game or 2, but you'd be able to get balls deep into some badass games. I don't know how anyone could go so far through this gen without experiencing the amazing titles Sony has put out.
    Propably the same way that you have gone so far through this gaming generation without experiencing the awesome games that the 360 has. Maybe just maybe those "amazing" Sony titles just arent appealing or "amazing" to those people just like how you say that 360 games dont appeal to you. Its all relative and amazing is definitely subjective. Personally I think both consoles have some amazing games to offer. I wouldn't want to miss out on what either console offers. But hey thats just me.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-11-2012 at 21:27.

  22. #22
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Propably the same way that you have gone so far through this gaming generation without experiencing the awesome games that the 360 has. Maybe just maybe those "amazing" Sony titles just arent appealing or "amazing" to those people just like how you say that 360 games dont appeal to you. Its all relative and amazing is definitely subjective. Personally I think both consoles have some amazing games to offer. I wouldn't want to miss out on what either console offers. But hey thats just me.
    I am in no way saying that both consoles don't offer amazing games. Yeah it's subjective but I just find Sony's line up more varied, at least from when I chose to jump into gen 7 which was in 2009. Demon's Souls, MGS 4, inFamous, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, GoW 3, LBP, Journey...I couldn't have done without these games. Not all Sony's exclusives are run away successes of course, but those I've mentioned have been heavily lauded critically and/or by the gaming community so when I look at the breadth of game experiences I would much prefer to be a PS3 gamer who missed out on Gears, Halo, Fable and Forza than a 360 gamer who missed out on the above titles....and that's just me!

  23. #23
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I am in no way saying that both consoles don't offer amazing games. Yeah it's subjective but I just find Sony's line up more varied, at least from when I chose to jump into gen 7 which was in 2009. Demon's Souls, MGS 4, inFamous, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, GoW 3, LBP, Journey...I couldn't have done without these games. Not all Sony's exclusives are run away successes of course, but those I've mentioned have been heavily lauded critically and/or by the gaming community so when I look at the breadth of game experiences I would much prefer to be a PS3 gamer who missed out on Gears, Halo, Fable and Forza than a 360 gamer who missed out on the above titles....and that's just me!
    Once again all subjective. I feel the opposite way if I actually had to choose. Out of the big list of Sony 1st party games only a small handful actually appeal to me and none of their games are ones I couldn't live without if I was actually forced to choose. MS may have less exclusives but the ones they do have I like better and I can say that because unlike you I've played both consoles exclusives. Just saying.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-11-2012 at 22:09.

  24. #24
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Once again all subjective. I feel the opposite way if I actually had to choose. Out of the big list of Sony 1st party games only a small handful actually appeal to me and none of their games are ones I couldn't live without if I was actually forced to choose. MS may have less exclusives but the ones they do have I like better and I can say that because unlike you I've played both consoles exclusives. Just saying.
    Oh I've played 360 before, while I was still in NZ just after I got the PS3 and just before I came to Austria. Me and my neighbor would swap consoles one or two weekends a month for about 3 months. I played some Gears 2, Halo 3 and FIFA 09. Admittedly I haven't played the installments after. I was never an FPS fan until Move & Sharpshooter so Halo had little chance on merit of taste and Gears was Ok but the characters were a real turn off for me. Those games were 50% of MS's meat since then...

    If he had had some other of the earlier exclusives, I may have had quite a different impression of MS's console, but I played what was recent back then and what was recent then is what's recent now, albeit a few installments along.

  25. #25
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,501
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    12,727 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    PS Mobile is already putting Sony games on non PlayStation devices, this just seems like a natural progression.
    PS mobile no longer has PlayStation games in the store, all PSone games have been removed
    Sony has changed their strategy with PSM, PlayStation certified no longer means PlayStation games, its just PlayStation approved.
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 10-11-2012 at 11:25.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.