Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 79
  1. #26
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    20
    Posts
    13,087
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    507,164 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Well sir if that's the case I will be perma banned by november and Kuro is banned man walking lmao
    Pfft me banned? Never!!

    5 mins later
    Infraction for Kuro:Being a wiseass

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  2. #27
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,035
    Rep Power
    138
    Points
    70,496 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is an easy answer to the thread title. Experienced members should know how to not get perm banned...

    If a regular member was perm banned, it was because they went through the multiple warnings handed out. Following the rules is one of the easiest things you can do on any forum.

  3. #28
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,891
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I've been here 3 months and only seen one person being perma banned I don't think the "law" here is out to ban anyone?
    That's because we don't have enough members to ban anymore. This goes back to the time when we had a lot of bans.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I came back from a perma ban that lasted over 6 months.
    That may be but I feel that generally people would just consider that a perma-ban either way. I don't see many people return.

  4. #29
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Perma ban this, *****ES! muwahahahahahahaha...

    That was funny right?

    Ok maybe not

    Sup ladies!

    People like Uber Madness (who is back again under a proxy) deserve to be permabanned.

  5. #30
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    I havent seen uber madness posting, he can probably just surf in the forum as a guest without a proxy.

  6. #31
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,891
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Every forum I have been on, I've seen old members who would harass newbies or who felt they were more important than someone else on the forum. Some of the forums I used to frequent were much more lax, those old members had cliques, and would just harass anyone they didn't like. If you were new and had a different opinion, you would be on a **** list of someone.

    If people here got a pass to be giant assholes to others, would that really be better? I don't think it's worth retaining any member on this site if they insult or harass members constantly. People do change both negative and positive. However, people get warnings, if they ignore it, they know the consequences.

    The forum is supposed to grow, but I think members who tend to be more negative and feed on insulting others do nothing to help the forum. New people are not going to join a place filled with assholes who get away with anything because they've posted for a few years. Even if they came back after some time out 6 month ban, most of them are not going to come back "turning a new leaf".

    If someone gets perma'd here, I don't think it's taken lightly. In fact, if this was a certain other site, one poorly made comment would have you at least temp banned. The mods aren't nearly as strict as they could be.
    I completely agree with you. My first post came off wrong. I didn't mean it to be a seniority thing. I meant to exclude spam bots or people who advertise.

  7. #32
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I should also mention that I TOO deserved to be permabanned when I was. 2 years later, I elected to grow up. Luckily Doug and Rob have given me a second chance. I was intentionally trolling, and it was stupid.

  8. Likes Lethal , Kwes likes this post
  9. #33
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,891
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Here we go. People change over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I should also mention that I TOO deserved to be permabanned when I was. 2 years later, I elected to grow up. Luckily Doug and Rob have given me a second chance. I was intentionally trolling, and it was stupid.

  10. #34
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,385
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,481 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How about experienced members find ways to not get themselves perma-banned? Dave blew his chance when he made it clear that he wouldn't change his old ways. Some people change, but not all unfortunately.

    A better question to ask is how we can find ways to get newly-registered members to continue posting.
    Last edited by Black; 10-11-2012 at 19:32.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  11. Likes DeviousOne , Admartian , Ghost , Ixion likes this post
  12. #35
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,553
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Great point blacksite!

    I wanted to bring this up to the content team as an idea and I was gonna ask ghostie as soon as he got better.

    But it would be great if we had a forum for introductions to give a new member a spotlight and allow current members to welcome them to the forum. Every forum I'm on has one this one has a sticky thread that I didn't see until 2 weeks after I joined..

    From the outside looking in without that the forum doesn't look very welcoming without one imo...lucky for me I found the counting thread that's the only reason why I stayed around that first week

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  13. #36
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,222
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    34,075 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Im just glad i have never insulted a single being here to get my self perma'd


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  14. #37
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,730
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    3,261,843 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Here we go. People change over time.
    yes they do.. .and Dave had his shot just like others.

  15. #38
    Home Theater Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,354
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    30,732 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Can someone tell me why I STILL carry that warning under my profile picture? It seems as though it will never go away...

  16. #39
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    How about experienced members find ways to not get themselves perma-banned? Dave blew his chance when he made it clear that he wouldn't change his old ways. Some people change, but not all unfortunately.

    A better question to ask is how we can find ways to get newly-registered members to continue posting.


    Honestly I don't think anything needs to be done. This is the premier playstation forum. I can't see any other playstation forum that is a lucrative to be a member at.

  17. #40
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,891
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    yes they do.. .and Dave had his shot just like others.
    Actually I don't even remember Dave. I remember his name and while this triggered because of his banning, I don't know the details nor did I know him.

    All I'm saying is that if someone does something wrong, fine, ban them but perma ban is excessive for the most part (though I think it should still be there). I think they should just be banned for a long time (maybe less than 6 months) and be allowed to come back after a discussion to see if they're fit to come back. If not, give them more time.

    I firmly believe that people gradually become more understanding as they age.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    How about experienced members find ways to not get themselves perma-banned? Dave blew his chance when he made it clear that he wouldn't change his old ways. Some people change, but not all unfortunately.

    A better question to ask is how we can find ways to get newly-registered members to continue posting.
    Good point but I meant to say all members, including new.

  18. #41
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,092
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    25,922 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    It's hard to say because it's a double edged sword for me. I think we should give more slack to the vets because they help build what's know as psu. On the other hand, i think all the new members you or other say we need is foolish because i think the members of psu are perfect. We have tried to get new members to stay with free stuff and they just sign up and then win and leave.If you don't stay for free stuff then you won't stay for anything.There's nothing you can do besides be friendly,warming, and respond to all members equally. In a sense it's up to us,as a community, to keep members here. Let's not troll them or not let them be in our cliques because that's just like school, you isolate members and make them feel worthless. So it's up to the members of psu to retain members. I know i will do my part and be friendly and post as much as i can to help people.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  19. #42
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,298
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,586 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I think it sucks that Dave got perma ban however I do have faith that the mods and staff made the decision that was right for the situation. If it was me and I was warned multiple times by the mods then if I get perma banned then I had it coming.

    I'll agree he would insult members in the NFL thread but we're talking football and football fans are passionate about there teams I never reported cause I have thick skin and everyone for the most part just gets it.

    Bottom line mods and staff gave him a chance he received warnings and continued to go against the mods like he was above them so he got perma banned. Case closed and lesson learned by all of us here on the forums.
    While I agree, I think he was going ebyond football in most cases.

    Sure, the times he'd have a go at teams etc was fine, and just fan-friendly jabbing. But more often than not he was berating members on a more personal level.

    If this is history - and if IIRC, during the years he was active here prior, were indicative of his past actions, then maybe it's deserved.

  20. #43
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,553
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think the inclusion of a deciated welcome forum would drastically help imo I'll volunteer to be part of the welcoming committee lol

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  21. #44
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,602 (0 Banked)
    I have a tendency to show up late to these parties.

    I have to agree with staff in that anyone who breaks the rules deserves to receive the same punishment for it. The rules here aren't particularly strict. Anyone can have an intelligent, interesting discussion with absolutely no staff intervention. It isn't until members start to get personal and silly that the staff does step in, and the infractions start getting handed out. There are a lot of members who used to frequent this site on a daily basis who are no longer here, and that sucks. A lot of them were pretty cool guys and contributed a hell of a lot to this place. But for whatever reason, they couldn't overcome their urges to break certain rules and therefore, like anyone else would, earned themselves a one way ticket off the forums.

    Getting perma-banned here really does require a good deal of effort .. If it were any other way, I'd probably agree with Sufi and the others because yeah, it's a blow to the community when we lose members who have been around for years. But under the current system, which relies much more on staff judgement than the previous system of auto-bans, consequences are dealt out fairly uniformly and fairly. No one should be above the rules.

    @DeviousOne -- I actually led such a "welcoming committee" about 3 years ago. It was fun while it lasted, which wasn't long at all. As a community we just need to become more and more friendly to newcomers. There are a lot of discussions where certain members are outright ignored. By including everyone who contributes in the discussion, members will feel a greater sense of belonging and will actually want to come back. It seems that sometimes, the community here gets too caught up in talking with their pals than with members trying to enjoy a discussion. Just something I've noticed.
    Last edited by Steve; 10-12-2012 at 00:15.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  22. #45
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,752
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,423 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I always try to make newcomers feel welcome whenever I'm able to especially if I see them being active in alot of threads.

  23. #46
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,891
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Let's talk about all the members. I'm saying that we should try to avoid permanently ban all members. Except advertisers and spammers.

    Maybe have an open discussion about banning people at least. Even if there's no say from non-mods/admins, it should be open to the public so we can see why something happened, this will help with objectiveness and an example for others to see what's allowed and what's not.
    Last edited by Sufi; 10-12-2012 at 01:18.

  24. #47
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,298
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,586 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Let's talk about all the members. I'm saying that we should try to avoid permanently ban all members. Except advertisers and spammers.

    Maybe have an open discussion about banning people at least. Even if there's no say from non-mods/admins, it should be open to the public so we can see why something happened, this will help with objectiveness and an example for others to see what's allowed and what's not.
    If someone is going to repetitively troll and be abusive, then why have them come back (after giving them chances)?

  25. #48
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,602 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Let's talk about all the members. I'm saying that we should try to avoid permanently ban all members. Except advertisers and spammers.

    Maybe have an open discussion about banning people at least. Even if there's no say from non-mods/admins, it should be open to the public so we can see why something happened, this will help with objectiveness and an example for others to see what's allowed and what's not.
    We have a method of seeing why people are banned / given infractions: it's the Infractions & Bans section.

    The only reason I disagree with you is because these members have plenty of chances prior to being banned, even temporarily. Members receive at least a warning and an infraction before receiving any form of ban, and are informed that if they continue to behave in said manner, the following consequences will follow. No one (to my knowledge) is ever left in the dark and should never be surprised when they find themselves banned.

    If a member who is infracted thinks he's been punished unfairly, he has the opportunity to argue that. Permanent bans are almost unanimously due to member unwillingness to listen to what they're repeatedly being told to stop doing.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  26. #49
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,553
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    In my short time here i've def gotten into debates that get "back and fourth" and every single time whether we agree or dont we've agreed to disagree or stop before a mod has to step in and moderate....So having a living debate is not something that cant happened I'd say it happens 2 or 3 times a week and for the most part as a community we act civil and respectful to each other.

    @SchaffinOSX I feel just having a dedicated welcome/introduction would on help keep track of new members and be a great way to bring new people into the community help them feel welcomed. For example around the same time i joined Old Man Gamer joined got into an exchange got an infraction while he wasnt banned he since that time has not posted in over a month. Im on this forum EVERYDAY its been over two weeks or more since ive seen a new member post in our welcome thread. I know Kuro and myself are always there once sometime post in that welcome thread as soon as someone joins to welcome them. And the end of the day its up to the staff to make those decisions and I'll do my part as a community member to contribute and help as much as i can. Bringing in new forum members that stay and post would be great I dont think we need free giveways and so on. Those should be for dedicated members. Like Chille giveways those are great and go to deserving longtime and active members.

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  27. #50
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,891
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    If someone is going to repetitively troll and be abusive, then why have them come back (after giving them chances)?
    Because it doesn't stop trolling as a whole. There are always trolls out there and generally I've noticed that people get tired of trolling, eventually. Grow up, get old, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    We have a method of seeing why people are banned / given infractions: it's the Infractions & Bans section.

    The only reason I disagree with you is because these members have plenty of chances prior to being banned, even temporarily. Members receive at least a warning and an infraction before receiving any form of ban, and are informed that if they continue to behave in said manner, the following consequences will follow. No one (to my knowledge) is ever left in the dark and should never be surprised when they find themselves banned.

    If a member who is infracted thinks he's been punished unfairly, he has the opportunity to argue that. Permanent bans are almost unanimously due to member unwillingness to listen to what they're repeatedly being told to stop doing.
    That's the same as saying that if someone kept stealing, you eventually put them away for life.

    In real life, you would run out places to put these people. In a forum's perspective, you'll run out of people to ban.

    P.S. Ban and infraction section doesn't explain the process, just a summary.

    Which is why it's best if we can see the section where these things are talked about. Maybe mods/admins can keep the ongoing discussions secret but if someone is being talked about, in order to make the final decision, we should at least be able to see that process.

    It's always "we've talked about it and we think you should be perma banned". Seems like not enough explanation. The explanations are always generic and vague.




    My point in all of this is that I don't see PSU forums any better than I did 6-7 years ago. The only difference is that people were less uptight, there were more people and it was actually more fun.

    I don't care that there are more rules now but I don't think keeping it more strict is going to make this place any better. People still end up arguing and leaving. At least, previously, they'd stick around due to others. I think people end up leavng due to not having enough people around to begin with.
    Last edited by Sufi; 10-12-2012 at 01:56.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.