Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Master Guru
    lol Rad, no offense but Mankind said what a lot and i mean a lot of people on these forums have been wanting to say for a long time without sugar coating it. Someone had to do it. Glad he took the bullet.

As far as the topic goes. Obviously you need perma-bans in place for the people that really get out of control but as long as people aren't throwing around personal insults and are giving reasons for their opinions i think anything that could be considered trolling is nothing more than open discussion.

I don't think seasoned members should get more privileges over new members but at the same time a little lee way is nice in the sense that if you're not straight harassing someone or bashing something out of the blue it should be let go a few times before handing out an emotional warning or infraction.

I think the mods do a great job here. It's pretty simple, don't get emotional and blatantly insult and harass people and you will have the freedom to throw your opinions out and people will just have to accept them or log off the internet and cry about it.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I say old infractions should be removed.
    it can't be done arbitrarily.

Either we set everyone to zero..or we leave it be. We can't apply a discriminating filter to only clear infractions prior to certain dates.
    My understanding is vbulletin as a software package handles reports in a database file, and each is referenced to the member. All infractions are in ONE database file.

So, while it may suck, there are hundreds of people in your boat... we are not setting everyone back to zero
    LMAO

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    lol Rad, no offense but Mankind said what a lot and i mean a lot of people on these forums have been wanting to say for a long time without sugar coating it. Someone had to do it. Glad he took the bullet. As far as the topic goes. Obviously you need perma-bans in place for the people that really get out of control but as long as people aren't throwing around personal insults and are giving reasons for their opinions i think anything that could be considered trolling is nothing more than open discussion. I don't think seasoned members should get more privileges over new members but at the same time a little lee way is nice in the sense that if you're not straight harassing someone or bashing something out of the blue it should be let go a few times before handing out an emotional warning or infraction. I think the mods do a great job here. It's pretty simple, don't get emotional and blatantly insult and harass people and you will have the freedom to throw your opinions out and people will just have to accept them or log off the internet and cry about it.
    I have no problem with what he said just how he said it. Theres no excuse for telling people to $#@! off and the rules specifically state not to call other members a troll or a fanboy. When you joined you agreed that following the rules was a condition of your membership. If you cant handle that then you should move on. I had no problem with his post other than those two things. Like you said yourself dont get emotional and start harassing and insulting other members. If that rule is a problem then ask the staff to change them or just log off. I agree with his message and it had alot of truth but just not the way it was expressed in the two areas that I mentioned.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    how bout I just go ahead and shoot this lame horse of a thread. It has veered off course, resulted in infractions, and generally caused hate and discontent.

I think it is a resounding success. /sarcasm
    LMAO

Thread Information