Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 109119 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3078
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Gamefly sent me Dangangronpa on the Vita, not really sure it can be called a game yet, the first murder hasn't happened yet.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    FIFA 14. My two purchased players have led my team in scoring, which really helps since my keeper appears to be awful. Hoping I can sign a new one by the start of next season. If not, at least he makes games interesting.

Here's my best goal this season. Wish uploads were of higher quality.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    decided to play some Guitar Hero Metallica again and I forgot that this was one of the hardest guitar hero games on expert enjoying it though, not as good as I used to be but i'm getting there

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    On Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Haven't played it in a while and been on so many other games that the controls feel so weird to me. Doesn't help I'm picking it up near the end of the story so it's where I need the most experience.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Had $1.40 in my wallet and with the recent .99 Flash sale I had to choose between Munch's Odyssey and Worms Revolution. Went with Worms Rev and am totally disappointed. The ninja rope went from awesome in the previous games to the point where I don't even wanna use it. Worst 2D Worms by far for me and I've played them all.

Easy platinum though so whatever, was only 99 cents.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    started playing WRC 14 on the vita, it's not too bad!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    So went about beating Black Flag again. It's ridiculous they have items hidden behind the community challenge thing that never even worked at launch. Thankfully I have another save file that has 100%, because this one is stuck at 99% due to those challenges being abandoned. That kind of failure on Ubisoft's end as well as the very poor story for the game is a major reason I'm passing on the next game.

Just starting Tomb Raider. Just in the first couple of minutes, but the QTE's are already putting me off the game. I really hope it lessens because I'm liking the rest of it and appears to have potential.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    So went about beating Black Flag again. It's ridiculous they have items hidden behind the community challenge thing that never even worked at launch. Thankfully I have another save file that has 100%, because this one is stuck at 99% due to those challenges being abandoned. That kind of failure on Ubisoft's end as well as the very poor story for the game is a major reason I'm passing on the next game.

Just starting Tomb Raider. Just in the first couple of minutes, but the QTE's are already putting me off the game. I really hope it lessens because I'm liking the rest of it and appears to have potential.
    Can you do a short review for Black Flag for me? I cant decide if I should get it or not after the third AC game, which I didnt really like, it just didnt have that "Assassin" feeling to it. Does it have any similarities? Any improvements? Any good differences etc? Thanks!

Edit: Just realised I asked the same question before. Sorry!
    Last edited by MW2-LgNd; 07-22-2014 at 18:18.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    Can you do a short review for Black Flag for me? I cant decide if I should get it or not after the third AC game, which I didnt really like, it just didnt have that "Assassin" feeling to it. Does it have any similarities? Any improvements? Any good differences etc? Thanks!

Edit: Just realised I asked the same question before. Sorry!
    Do you recall what I said? lol. I can't remember.

I know that even after what I've seen of Unity, I'm likely going to pass on it simply because of what I've seen in III and especially IV. The Assassin story is very disappointing, especially since it took a back seat (or rather, forced into the truck bed) in Black Flag. You do the work of an Assassin but only because your character wants money or other prizes.

Overall it's enjoyable, though. I've played to 100% two or three times now. I just wouldn't play it if you want a good Assassin's Creed story. This felt more like a spinoff than a part of that series.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    I actually think I asked someone else, not sure either lol.

Well thas disappointing, because Im not really looking for gameplay only, Im looking for that good feeling that Altairs and Ezios stories had. Connors story didnt have that and I guess Edwards doesnt either.

I think its because Altair and Ezio didnt fight for the better of themselves, but for the better of the whole brotherhood, thats what made them much more respectable, and the games more enjoyable.

That said, Ill probably get it sooner or later, but not because I really want to play the game, but because it feels like I have to because Ive played all the rest of the series

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'll likely get Unity at some point for that same reason. I only got Black Flag so early because it was for sale at like $20-$30 on Amazon a few weeks after release.

The story that's there in Black Flag is more about Edward and the pirates than it is Assassin's, though there is an aspect of that there and you do go after Templar's (or people who wish to be Templar's). But mostly, it's you as a pirate looking for something that is also what the Assassin's are looking for. I think the final mission is the only one that you're doing something Assassin-like. It actually annoyed me during the first playthrough.

I wish the combat was better in the first one so I could enjoy it more during a replay. I had it free with Revelations but never touched it. I really enjoyed Ezio, and really hope we get another character that has as much a story to tell as he does. Tons of story there and a bunch of conspiracy stuff, which is what drew me to the series. The lack of real world stuff in IV is really disappointing. It's mostly background stuff and filler info. A five minute video could sum up the game in terms of what's important to the Assassin's Creed story.

I hope they turned things around with Unity. It looks really good and nice gameplay additions/changes. I like the setting they have and the city being more open, with various interiors no longer hidden behind a short loading screen. I'm just tired of buying AC games only to find the story takes a back seat to everything else (though at least IV didn't suffer from the same glitches and bugs that III did).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I'll likely get Unity at some point for that same reason. I only got Black Flag so early because it was for sale at like $20-$30 on Amazon a few weeks after release.

The story that's there in Black Flag is more about Edward and the pirates than it is Assassin's, though there is an aspect of that there and you do go after Templar's (or people who wish to be Templar's). But mostly, it's you as a pirate looking for something that is also what the Assassin's are looking for. I think the final mission is the only one that you're doing something Assassin-like. It actually annoyed me during the first playthrough.

I wish the combat was better in the first one so I could enjoy it more during a replay. I had it free with Revelations but never touched it. I really enjoyed Ezio, and really hope we get another character that has as much a story to tell as he does. Tons of story there and a bunch of conspiracy stuff, which is what drew me to the series. The lack of real world stuff in IV is really disappointing. It's mostly background stuff and filler info. A five minute video could sum up the game in terms of what's important to the Assassin's Creed story.

I hope they turned things around with Unity. It looks really good and nice gameplay additions/changes. I like the setting they have and the city being more open, with various interiors no longer hidden behind a short loading screen. I'm just tired of buying AC games only to find the story takes a back seat to everything else (though at least IV didn't suffer from the same glitches and bugs that III did).
    There is very little i agree with in this post

Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92

I really hope they realise its not just the gameplay that matters. With a game like AC the most important thing is the story, the atmosphere. Gameplay alone just wont cut it anymore. They even started slacking with the names, You have Altair Ibn La Ahad, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, then you have Connor and Edward lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post

Tapatalk
    Why is that?

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller

Tapatalk
    We're all entitled to our opinions, and you're entitled to think mine are incorrect, but do you care to elaborate in what ways you think so?

I really hope they realise its not just the gameplay that matters. With a game like AC the most important thing is the story, the atmosphere. Gameplay alone just wont cut it anymore. They even started slacking with the names, You have Altair Ibn La Ahad, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, then you have Connor and Edward lol
    To be fair for Connor, the complete name was Ratonhnhaké:ton. Edward Kenway is pretty boring though. At least Arno Victor Dorian sounds interesting and has some meaning behind it.
    Last edited by ttech10; 07-23-2014 at 14:55.

16. Likes MW2-LgNd likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Why is that?
    Because it had a fantastic story and the game play was very good.

Tapatalk

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Bitta Dead Space 3, although my interest is waning.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Because it had a fantastic story and the game play was very good.

Tapatalk
    I think you misunderstood my post(s). I've played to 100% (or at least as much as possible without the community challenges working) multiple times, which shows I enjoy both the story and gameplay.

I don't think I ever criticized the gameplay of Black Flag*, unless you were mistaking when I brought up AC1 gameplay (with the mention of getting it with Revelations and calling it the "first one"). The story I also didn't say was bad, only that it wasn't so much a story about Assassin's as it was a pirate working on his own which also happened to have interests aligned with the Assassin's.

I did really enjoy the story, it's just that I would have preferred if the main aspect of it fit with the main title of the game. Instead there are a handful of missions at the very end. It's even more disappointing given how these people are supposed to be the most important targets but are some of the easiest and quickest missions in the entire game.

The second paragraph and last three sentences of the third paragraph of the comment you quoted from me is the only one that is dealing with Black Flag. My previous comment before that actually called the game enjoyable.

* I may have criticized the sailing aspect long ago before I bought it, but in that same thread, specifically this post, my feelings changed once I played the game. Earlier in that thread I even apologized for judging the game before playing it. It's also the thread where we previously butted heads over glitches in AC:III (which I still stand by my opinions on that, lol).

EDIT: Oh, games currently playing. Not PS3, but switching between a replay of Chrono Trigger and Civilization V: A Brave New World. Recently got it from just having the base game and I really, really enjoy the additions even if I don't fully understand all of it yet.
    Last edited by ttech10; 07-23-2014 at 23:36.

20. Likes MW2-LgNd likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Still playing GTA Online. I'm really into Deathmatches right now. Some of the user-created maps are really cool.

Also, played the latest episode of The Walking Dead earlier. Great stuff, as always.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Trying once more to play final fantasy XIII.

Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Assassin's Creed II - Working on getting platinum
    Assassin's Creed III - Haven't really played it that much yet, so am trying to play it on my PS3 (and might go for platinum, but not sure..)
    Devil May Cry - Not in the PS3 so much (at the moment) but definitely on my list to play right now, as I have played the game for quite a while on my PC a while ago but never really finished it
    God of War PSP Collection - Loved Chains of Olympus on PSP and was definitely planning on playing Ghost Of Sparta as well, so why not on PS3? As DMC, on the list but not currently active
    God of War Ascension - It comes and it goes to be honest... I played a while, but got bored of it... It feels too different from the other God of War games to me actually, but it's still on my to finish-list

El Presidente
    Assassins Creed 4. Sailin, fightin and plunderin.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I bought Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock in a nice little bundle so started playing that, I'm not as good as I used to be but getting there! Managed to score over 1,000,000 points on two songs, one being Dragonforce on Expert so slowly getting there

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Back on Chrono Trigger. I wish there were still RPGs that had this good of a story.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Just got my PSMove kit + The Fight: Lights out & Tiger Woods 2013 for my ps3. Enjoying those right meow! the former being a great workout!

Thread Information