Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 111121 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3070
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    LOL, so exactly what missions do you enjoy? Those aren't really my favorite either, but I thought the tailing+eavesdrop was better than in AC:III. It's still strange though that they turn and see you and just because you jump into a haystack they stop caring. If anything that should raise awareness. The ones that simply involved tailing seemed more forgiving. On a few of them, mostly in Kingston, I murdered pretty much everyone (sometimes simply by running at them and doing the pounce stab with the blade) and the people I was following just didn't care.

Ready to see what they have in store for Unity, because some of the mission aspects really need a fresh approach. Especially since tailing and eavesdrops are the ones most people seem to hate.
    I like all the ship ones and side missions.

I want them to go back to AC1 style of assassinations - making the whole thing an event. Prep for it, and make each target feel like a real contract etc.

After AC1, it just felt like any other action game.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

2. Likes sainraja , ttech10 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I think they are going that route with some of the side missions and I found they have a new mission system:

The new technology means that missions in Unity will no longer have specific goals and objectives that automatically fail the player if they're not completed, causing them to restart the whole quest or from a certain checkpoint.

Thanks to the AMM (Adaptive Mission Mechanic), if a certain objective is missed, it will turn into a new one depending on the circumstance and situation.

In order to exemplify this new system in action, Ubisoft has offered a basic mission in which protagonist Arno follows a Templar agent throughout Paris. If Arno gets spotted, the mission turns into a chase, with players needing to figure out where the target is going. If you lose him, players will have to figure out where the target is located.

What's more, because the game is set during the French Revolution, there is turmoil on the streets and riots can erupt at any given moment. If the target is killed, either by the player or by NPCs during a riot, players will still have a chance to loot his body and find documents that hint at his intended destination.

However, Ubisoft has taken measures to prevent players from killing all their targets as, if such events occur, the Templar order might double the amount of guards in Paris in order to protect its agents, and so on.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Assas...y-446923.shtml

Sounds better than what we have now, especially since I often fail one of the requirements, typically because I don't see it and it's forcing me to adopt a play style I don't want to do (like the one in Principe where you have to kill X amount of guards with exploding barrels, whereas I'd prefer to go stealth).

4. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I think they are going that route with some of the side missions and I found they have a new mission system:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Assas...y-446923.shtml

Sounds better than what we have now, especially since I often fail one of the requirements, typically because I don't see it and it's forcing me to adopt a play style I don't want to do (like the one in Principe where you have to kill X amount of guards with exploding barrels, whereas I'd prefer to go stealth).
    I think I read about this before. But this definitely sounds better.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I just came back to edit my post but you beat me with a reply. Saw this over on GAF, taken from Game Informer. Lot's of tidbits about Unity.

The game is definitely sounding better the more I read, but it's still not something I expect to get at full price. I'll be getting the PS4 some time in November/December (hoping for a good holiday sale) and have other games in the lineup so won't even have time for Unity until a couple months after release. I'm still pretty hyped for it though, a lot more than I used to be.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    decided to try and get through my backlog of games on the PS3 and start up Mafia 2, glad I did because it's pretty decent!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    So apparently this is a thing in FIFA 14? Tried to kick the ball on a free kick, nothing happened, and then the ref gives someone a yellow. I watch the replay and Google it because this has never happened, then I find out the yellow isn't even counted (checked my game and yea, only one yellow for the original foul that resulted in the free kick).

This went from something being cool to really lame.

EDIT: Just beat Manchester United 2-1 in a very tense semi-final FA CUP match (previously beat Chelsea 1-0 in the quarters). They scored in the 29th and I had tons of misses/close calls and finally got one in the 55th then desperate cross gave me a great goal in the 83rd.

And on another high note, Hull City beat Arsenal.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/194312328

Now if I can just learn to play in the rain.
    Last edited by ttech10; 08-08-2014 at 22:30.

Ibb and obb

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Was playing Skyrim. In the Thieve's Guild quest that involved dealing with Vald, I did the quest for Maven to remove his debt. I went to talk to him to tell him he was free of his duty he never walked to the gate to talk to me. He eventually moved and I couldn't see him so I moved away from the gate and jumped up so I could look over the stone wall and see if he was still there.

Apparently that pissed him off enough to run out the gate and try to kill me. I didn't want to fight him, since I went through the trouble of completing another quest to deal with him peacefully so I kept trying to yield to him. Eventually to Imperial Guards came over (Civil War quest finished) and killed him.

So, I guess that's one way to deal with Vald. Plus the Valds Debt book didn't get glitched into my inventory.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    wwe 2k14, not a bad game at all and i am playing to get ready for WWE 2K15. which looks freaking awesome
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Friendship is Carrots
    Still playing Space Engineers like the nerd I am.

I completed this recently. It's a small scout ship to intercept cargo ships that fly by my asteroid system. I tear them apart and place the scrap inside then carry it back to base.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 08-16-2014 at 18:18.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    Is that game running ok now, Nerevar. It was quite laggy when I last tried it.

I've started playing The Witcher 2 again. Forgot how satisfying the combat is. Going to be switching between a few games such as this, Hitman Absolution, Dishonered and Tomb Raider.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Is that game running ok now, Nerevar. It was quite laggy when I last tried it.
    It's has some small optimizations but it's still very much alpha. Performance has bettered but not by much.

But the game has been getting weekly updates since since around January this year, and it's come a long way. Survival and multiplayer have been added. Pistons, steerable wheels, factions, functional conveyer networks, wireless control, etc. Workshop and mod support was added a couple of weeks ago and it's really brought the game to life.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 4 Weeks Ago at 00:50.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    Think I'll give it a go again soon. It was the multiplayer bit that had me the most interested. Quite a few games I want to play through at the moment. Too many games too little time.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Started RDR, LA Noire, SC: Blacklist and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Love them all! Uncharted 3 is a bit less fun than his predecesor imo though.

Especially RDR is a lot of fun, especially after the march on Fort Mercer, that's when the fun really starts

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Lol.. Bought Fallout 3 for Ps3. I don't know what I'm heading into... :P

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    Started RDR, LA Noire, SC: Blacklist and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Love them all! Uncharted 3 is a bit less fun than his predecesor imo though.

Especially RDR is a lot of fun, especially after the march on Fort Mercer, that's when the fun really starts
    Uncharted 3 's a good game! Allthough in the whole series, the 2nd one is my favorite!
    Loved L.A. Noire too but I played that one on my PC. May get it in the future onto PS3 for trophyhunting and it's a game worth replaying in my eyes

For me, my PS3's on a break currently.. I had AC 2 (to plat it), AC 3 (to play it) and DMC laying there to switch around and get those games done, but eventually I'm too busy with my PSVita, PS4 and PC. Should turn it on more often and play some of them..

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    Love them all! Uncharted 3 is a bit less fun than his predecesor imo though.
    It's plane to see that 2 and 3 had different core teams, right? 2nd game was developed by the TLOU team, while the 3rd was lead by that Amy character I believe.
    Last edited by K2D; 08-17-2014 at 02:25.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Lol.. Bought Fallout 3 for Ps3. I don't know what I'm heading into... :P
    Oh boy. Be careful if you buy the DLC. Especially The Pitt and Point Lookout. I've had numerous experiences in The Pitt where the FPS dropped into the single digits. Then once in Point Lookout I exited a building and literally everything that wasn't nailed down shot into the air about 100 feet before scattering throughout the world. Thankfully certain quest items were immune.

I've been between Skyrim and FIFA. I pulled off a move/goal that I wish I could do purposely. Often when I make a pass the ball hits the player I'm passing to in the back of the cleat, causing him to lose possession of the ball and this almost always happens in crucial areas. This time, something wonderful happened.

El Presidente
    Playing Assassins Creed 4 online. Never done online before but it's actually pretty cool.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

PSN ID
    OneBeardedNerd
    Oh boy. Be careful if you buy the DLC. Especially The Pitt and Point Lookout. I've had numerous experiences in The Pitt where the FPS dropped into the single digits. Then once in Point Lookout I exited a building and literally everything that wasn't nailed down shot into the air about 100 feet before scattering throughout the world. Thankfully certain quest items were immune.
    I must have got lucky with the DLC, coz the only problems I ever had in 3 playthroughs were a couple of instances where the framerate dropped in The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage. Probably had more issues in the main game than I did in the DLCs, and there weren't that many of those either.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Bought Ghosts because a friend had it on PS3 and not a PS4, so ordered it last night so we could play together
    Also popped in GTA V again, never really played a lot of it and I like it though, but I was waiting more for the PC version. Still am waiting for it, but I thought I'd play some more for trophies

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBeardedNerd View Post
    I must have got lucky with the DLC, coz the only problems I ever had in 3 playthroughs were a couple of instances where the framerate dropped in The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage. Probably had more issues in the main game than I did in the DLCs, and there weren't that many of those either.
    Anchorage and the base game were actually good for me. Anchorage would almost always have that bug in the final scene, though. The Pitt FPS issue and Point Lookout crashing got me the most. I knew others, though, that didn't have any issues with the DLC. It seemed hit or miss.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    So, what were your play types for Fallout 3 on console? I've already played 3 and NV on PC and figure bugs and the control's in general would inhibit some of the different play styles.. What did you have most fun with?

Also thinking about only getting operation anchorage as a start.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    My main weapons were a rifle and a shotgun, trying to shoot stuff from a distance and then the shotgun for close quarters stuff. First weapons I'd go after were Ol Painless, Reservist's Rifle and Lincoln's Repeater.

I don't think I've ever gone specifically for big guns or energy weapons. And typically I'll only level explosives so I can deal with stuff like grenade cluster traps or mission requirements. I think the big gun and explosive type weapons would be the most fun, but I just prefer being a sharpshooter and playing with stealth.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    MSG2 Sons of Liberty

My first MGS game (gonna do MGS3+ peace walker after this). Apart from the dated control mechanics and horrid voice acting its pretty good

Thread Information