Page 50 of 124 FirstFirst ... 405060 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3078
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Gamefly sent me The Devil May Cry HD Collection this week so I thought I'd try it while I take a break from grinding in Ni No Kuni. Think I managed 3 stages in DMC1 before I gave up in disgust. I'm pretty sure I beat the game years ago, but the camera is terrible, the HD work is spotty at best, all the interstitial images and cut scenes are horrible, I'm constantly getting caught in the environment. I just don't have the patience for that kind of crap anymore and nostalgia isn't enough to forgive the game for aging so badly. DMC2 is cleaner and the camera while still dodgy isn't nearly as hair pullingly frustrating, the HD is better, and the environments in the first 5 stages or so aren't filled with annoying things to get caught on. It also plays a lot better, though it's pretty antiquated now.
    DMC2 sucks, skip it and play the best DMC ever made: DMC3. :P

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Man I ain't that good but it would've been fun . Think i may make a Fifa thread, I'm undecided lol

I know very little about the MLS but I might just keep an eye out for the Seattle Sounders now lol

Whenever I play, even online, I always go my team Rangers. Gets annoying that people always pick 5 star teams, but if you play the head to head league you get matched up with someone with an evenly matched team so that was pretty cool
    I don't keep up with it too much, mainly because it can be hard to catch one being played on TV (I rarely browse away from a few select channels). I remember watching their first few games though and their fans were exciting. They also have their own marching band and season ticket holders get a vote for some management (I think I read they do something similar to Barcelona).

When I used to play with friends we would end up picking random teams that were similar in ratings, because otherwise we'd end up as Manchester United versus Chelsea or Barcelona versus Real Madrid. Sometimes with new people we'd pick lesser known teams with a standout player like CSKA Moscow (Honda) and Flamengo (Ronaldinho). It was always a laugh to hear them say "dang it man, you got lucky".

PSN ID
    redhat_nerd
    Been an Xbox gamer all this gen, a week before the xbox one reveal I had a bad feeling about microsoft and proceeded to purchase a second hand PS3 off ebay as I have for a long time wanted to try the exclusive titles I hear so much about on forums etc that Xbox cant play.

I am now playing Uncharted 2 and am completely addicted which sucks because I am in the middle of exams

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I don't keep up with it too much, mainly because it can be hard to catch one being played on TV (I rarely browse away from a few select channels). I remember watching their first few games though and their fans were exciting. They also have their own marching band and season ticket holders get a vote for some management (I think I read they do something similar to Barcelona).

When I used to play with friends we would end up picking random teams that were similar in ratings, because otherwise we'd end up as Manchester United versus Chelsea or Barcelona versus Real Madrid. Sometimes with new people we'd pick lesser known teams with a standout player like CSKA Moscow (Honda) and Flamengo (Ronaldinho). It was always a laugh to hear them say "dang it man, you got lucky".

Yeah i can relate man, because of financial reasons i only really follow my team on the TV, on the rare occasions it's shown.

I know that both Barcelona and Real Madrid vote in the President of the club, and I think maybe some Italian clubs too but I could be wrong on that.

Glad to hear you mix it up, think it gets boring if you play as 5 star teams constantly.

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Apprentice
    far cry 3 again. it is just really funny.

Elite Guru
    On PS3 I'm playing Ni No Kuni. It's delightful.

Currently downloading Demon's Souls and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus via PSN+ so will be adding them to the list.

Just recently finished BioShock Infinite on PC. Brilliant game. Started Metro 2033 play through. Then onto Tomb Raider (2013).

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature
    Last edited by *goo; 05-29-2013 at 19:08.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV... Just started new files on both and playing both
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Back on FF IX

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Yeah i can relate man, because of financial reasons i only really follow my team on the TV, on the rare occasions it's shown.

I know that both Barcelona and Real Madrid vote in the President of the club, and I think maybe some Italian clubs too but I could be wrong on that.

Glad to hear you mix it up, think it gets boring if you play as 5 star teams constantly.
    It kind of sucks here since the closest MLS team is ~4 hours away in Dallas, as opposed to when I lived in California in which case there was LA Galaxy and Chivas USA at least. So now instead of a simple bus/metro ride it's 8 hours worth of gas and meals as well as the tickets. Chivas' game against Seattle on Saturday would cost maybe $30 (ticket plus transportation).

And it's funny, when I do want to mess around and play as Germany versus say a team ranked in the 70s, it's hard for me to score and play as well as I do when I'm a lower ranked team. Half my shots are completely off target. I guess I just get used to those lower skills so adjusting shots to suit them. The other plus is since I'm not playing 5 star team against another 5 star team, the opposing players don't know every dribbling skill possible.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    It kind of sucks here since the closest MLS team is ~4 hours away in Dallas, as opposed to when I lived in California in which case there was LA Galaxy and Chivas USA at least. So now instead of a simple bus/metro ride it's 8 hours worth of gas and meals as well as the tickets. Chivas' game against Seattle on Saturday would cost maybe $30 (ticket plus transportation).

And it's funny, when I do want to mess around and play as Germany versus say a team ranked in the 70s, it's hard for me to score and play as well as I do when I'm a lower ranked team. Half my shots are completely off target. I guess I just get used to those lower skills so adjusting shots to suit them. The other plus is since I'm not playing 5 star team against another 5 star team, the opposing players don't know every dribbling skill possible.
    Yeah that does suck mate, do they show a lot of european football over there though?

I can't say I have that problem! Lol you ever played any of the Pro Evolution games? (Think they're called something different over there). Considering buying Pro Evo 2013 on the Vita tomorrow but haven't played a Pro Evo game for years

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Yeah that does suck mate, do they show a lot of european football over there though?

I can't say I have that problem! Lol you ever played any of the Pro Evolution games? (Think they're called something different over there). Considering buying Pro Evo 2013 on the Vita tomorrow but haven't played a Pro Evo game for years
    We get a good bit. Between Fox Soccer Channel and GOL TV there's always something on. FSC usually has the European teams (and Sky Sports) and GOL has South American and Bundesliga.

I've only ever played a demo of it, I think it was the PES 2013 one. Couldn't really judge how good it was because I kept trying to figure out controls. I'm watching the new Arrested Development episodes right now, but I think later I'll give it another try.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Please do not buy PES do not give them the money I beg you!

Football is life and Fifa is the best football game out there!

Galatasaray <3

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Perfect Dark 64 and Golden Eye 64... Doing the old skool Muitl-player with my bro and friends

BIG HEADS and PAINT cheats
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    Please do not buy PES do not give them the money I beg you!

Football is life and Fifa is the best football game out there!

Galatasaray <3
    Is PES that bad? Lol

replaying LA Noire since I just read The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett and it got me all inspired into the genre again!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Timesplitters 2 on ps2/ call of juarez: gunslinger.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Is PES that bad? Lol
    I've since replayed the demo and I didn't find it any better than FIFA. Maybe I'm just too used to it though. The only positive I saw was that AI teammates make more runs (which is something I'm sure I could adjust with sliders).

And for the life of me I couldn't see anywhere in the demo that showed you controls. Who does that?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I've since replayed the demo and I didn't find it any better than FIFA. Maybe I'm just too used to it though. The only positive I saw was that AI teammates make more runs (which is something I'm sure I could adjust with sliders).

And for the life of me I couldn't see anywhere in the demo that showed you controls. Who does that?
    Can't you go in to the options and see what the button layout is from there? Dumb move by Konami if you can't do that! From memory, you shoot by using square but that's all i remember and that's if it's still the same lol

Over the years I have read that Pro Evo is meant to have the more realistic game style of the two. Always opted for fifa though because with the sliders it plays pretty decent and it has all the fully licensed kits

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Can't you go in to the options and see what the button layout is from there? Dumb move by Konami if you can't do that! From memory, you shoot by using square but that's all i remember and that's if it's still the same lol

Over the years I have read that Pro Evo is meant to have the more realistic game style of the two. Always opted for fifa though because with the sliders it plays pretty decent and it has all the fully licensed kits
    I tried looking everywhere and couldn't see anything. All the controls were weird, I think only X to pass and TRIANGLE for a through ball were the same from FIFA. I liked that you could hold L2 and get an arrow marker for which direction you would shoot/pass.

PES 2010 is the best football game. (and football manager, but that's something else)

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

What game are you playing right now?

I tried looking everywhere and couldn't see anything. All the controls were weird, I think only X to pass and TRIANGLE for a through ball were the same from FIFA. I liked that you could hold L2 and get an arrow marker for which direction you would shoot/pass.
    Maybe not in the demo, but surely there must be a way to change the controls in the options menu so you can set it up like Fifa if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanzg View Post
    PES 2010 is the best football game. (and football manager, but that's something else)
    Football Manager! Now that's one of those games I could spend all day on, love them

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Yea I'm sure it's in the full game (if not someone deserves to slap them).

With the talk of football managing, did they ever fix those manager issues with 13? I think it's on 12 that you get the negative amount for doing nothing wrong. I always loved it in the past games, upgrading the stadium and assistants, then this game was a letdown.

Hopefully 14 brings back the fun of that mode.

I've been trying to decide what to do with Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution. I never play them anymore and considering trading them in towards NCAA Football 14. It would surely hold me over until I could get FIFA 14 on PS4. I already have Platinum on Hitman and I know I'm not going to mess with FC3 online.

EDIT: Well, I pulled the trigger. Went in and thought about getting BF3, but figured I'd just put it all towards NCAA 14. Now I need to go back and get that and GTA V reserved/paid off and I'll be good.

Off FIFA for a while, getting used to (American) football again.
    Last edited by ttech10; 06-01-2013 at 04:07.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yea I'm sure it's in the full game (if not someone deserves to slap them).

With the talk of football managing, did they ever fix those manager issues with 13? I think it's on 12 that you get the negative amount for doing nothing wrong. I always loved it in the past games, upgrading the stadium and assistants, then this game was a letdown.

Hopefully 14 brings back the fun of that mode.

I've been trying to decide what to do with Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution. I never play them anymore and considering trading them in towards NCAA Football 14. It would surely hold me over until I could get FIFA 14 on PS4. I already have Platinum on Hitman and I know I'm not going to mess with FC3 online.

EDIT: Well, I pulled the trigger. Went in and thought about getting BF3, but figured I'd just put it all towards NCAA 14. Now I need to go back and get that and GTA V reserved/paid off and I'll be good.

Off FIFA for a while, getting used to (American) football again.
    I've never had negative amount even in 12, so yeah guess they've fixed. I still love the thrill of building up your own team in Manager Mode. Always go for players with 85+ sprint speed and acceleration and build a fast, attack minded side.

Did you trade in Far Cry 3 and Hitman? And are you getting fifa 14 on the ps3 or waiting until the ps4 comes out?

Currently playing FF7 on a speed run. Damn it's hard! Lol

NI NO KUNI, one of the best games ever made, and I started my gaming on the megadrive !!!
    PSN ID NapoleonSolo61

PSN ID
    Faith_Da_Hax
    call of duty

Thread Information