PSN ID
    Scheller
    Still on New Vegas.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Gave Crysis 3 and COD BLOPS 2 another go each. And honestly, there are too many games for me to play/finish tow arrant my time on the,. Traded towards PS4 which is basically paid for now.

Onto Dishonored. Really liking it so far. Though I've heard about the game curbing you to keep the kills down to a minimum in order to get the best ending, which is kinda disheartening to sort of railroad you to a certain outcome.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Prince of Persia HD Collection. Hope it's fairly decent.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Prince of Persia HD Collection. Hope it's fairly decent.
    I've heard that game has some really great climbing sequences. like it makes ac look amateur

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Still playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva F on the Vita and almost platinumed it, it's taking ages but it's a lot of fun playing! Going to pick up the PS3 version when it's on the store this week. In the meantime after that I'll be getting on playing the Doom Collection all the way through, it's going to need to be a speed run though, too many games to play and too little time before the PS4!

Hows Battlefield 3 online gameplay? Does it have Survivor mode like MW3? Does it have co op Waves style online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Black Ops Declassified.

Even with all the hate for this game, I've quite enjoyed it going through it again/clearing up afew trophies.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
    - Graphics look horrible on PS3 to me after all these years of not playing it. Haha

I should really put in time to beat it and the other one. You would've thought I would have done so after all these years. I did beat the regular game, however.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Black Ops Declassified.

Even with all the hate for this game, I've quite enjoyed it going through it again/clearing up afew trophies.
    Got this free with the Vita but never got around to playing it, worth a playthrough then?

Currently playing Unit 13. Bought this a few months back and only getting around to playing it now but absolutely loving it so far.

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Got this free with the Vita but never got around to playing it, worth a playthrough then?

Currently playing Unit 13. Bought this a few months back and only getting around to playing it now but absolutely loving it so far.
    I'm considering getting it and playing it as well. just don't know if I want to pump more of my money into the cod franchise. when we co-op'in unit bro?

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Perfect dark, doing the training and trying to earn gold in all tasks
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Still on New Vegas.
    Worth giving it a shot? Barely played the third but I've got New Vegas floatin' around somewhere in the house.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Its not bad, Skyrim with guns, solid story too, but I put only about 30 hrs on NV whereas i put around 185 hrs on Skyrim.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    I'm considering getting it and playing it as well. just don't know if I want to pump more of my money into the cod franchise. when we co-op'in unit bro?

moving on tapatalk
    When I'm back tonight or tomorrow bro. At my parents just now man

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Finally knocked the dust off of Skyrim.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Perfect Dark, got gold in some of the shooting objectives and now moving to hand to hand
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    Its not bad, Skyrim with guns, solid story too, but I put only about 30 hrs on NV whereas i put around 185 hrs on Skyrim.
    I got about ten hours in Skyrim, which isn't even a dent effectively. I'll give it shot!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I got about ten hours in Skyrim, which isn't even a dent effectively. I'll give it shot!
    If you want help with skyrim just ask me and a few others here

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Its defo worth it!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    If you want help with skyrim just ask me and a few others here
    Oh, thanks! Nah, it wasn't to do with anything difficult, just wasn't in the mood for such an overwhelming RPG at the time. I revisited it last month and I'll do the same again soon.

21. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Oh, thanks! Nah, it wasn't to do with anything difficult, just wasn't in the mood for such an overwhelming RPG at the time. I revisited it last month and I'll do the same again soon.
    Ok no problem.. Me i know that game inside out and from the dawn of the elder scrolls themselves LOL, so anytime

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    What can u need help with anyway? Its a big game, yes, but there is nothing that can confuse you.

Superior Member
    Currently playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, Black Ops 2 and I'll be starting Madden 25 soon. Hopefully going to pick up a copy today.

PSN Gamertag: Kertiously

PS4 Coming Soon

XBL Gamertag: VoKeM

Xbox One Day One Member

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Worth giving it a shot? Barely played the third but I've got New Vegas floatin' around somewhere in the house.
    Definitely.

The only negative I have about it is that you can't play past the end, unlike in Fallout 3 where the DLC extends your game, but with so many variations of endings I can see why they don't allow it.

To me the game blows Fallout 3 out of the water. I'll be disappointed if Obsidian doesn't work on the next Fallout, which I'm kind of expecting since they're currently working on the South Park RPG.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

What game are you playing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    I'm considering getting it and playing it as well. just don't know if I want to pump more of my money into the cod franchise.

moving on tapatalk
    If you like decent single player experiences that have a good few hours in them then I can't recommend it at all. If you have it or get it cheap then I will recommend it.

The Operations mode (single player story) is basically 10 (IIRC) missions which last from 3 minutes to 10 minutes each so it is very short. Each mission starts with a cut scene giving you back ground info on the upcoming assault, but there is no CGI or anything, merely just some images scroll and flash across.
    There is also hostiles mode which is where you survive waves of enemies.

Just make sure you update to the latest patch as it fixes afew control issues and also multiplayer connection issues the game was first plagued with when released.

I had to turn the sensitivity up slightly but other than that it works well. Melee, grenades and flashes are used with the front touch screen, aiming these can be abit awkward at first.
    You can toggle sprint to always on or sprint with a tap and hold of the back touch pad, I found sprint toggled on worked best as you don't need to think about what to press to get out of dodge quickly.

The AI isn't the best, enemies pretty much always know your position and sometimes can be randomly spam shooting at a wall that you're behind. They take cover pretty well and pop up for shots etc but nothing ground breaking.
    Veteran difficulty is an absolute bastard, known to be harder than World at War's difficulty level. With the sometimes crappy AI, their pinpoint shooting and grenade spam with your tiny amount of health (and some time limits on some missions) makes veteran mode not for the faint hearted. I had a try at acouple of the more easier missions and I got my ass handed to me so will not be going back to that at all.

The multiplayer is 4v4 and most maps (not enough of them) are down scaled versions of the original black ops such as Nuketown and Firing range. As I said, since the update I have experienced no connection issues and always find a game. The game itself does have a busy multiplayer gathering. There is only afew modes compared to the console counterpart like free for all, Team death match and Kill confirmed to name afew.

I found most enjoyment for the offline experience came from clearing up some trophies, completing missions with set requirements, using specific weapons and getting 100% accuracy on some.
    Beating the pit times (there is a range of pits as well which I guess can be added to the single player part of the game) and hostiles mode also adds some enjoyment and again, has trophies linked with these modes.

Pre patch this game was nothing more than a 3/10 tops with the constant connection issues online (which this is where CoDs are known to shine) was awful and should have never have gone gold in this state. Coupled with that the short single player experience meant there was not much on offer for the first CoD on the Vita.
    The sound is also lacking, weapons sound similar grenades do not offer much sound affect and there feels no 'umph' behind any dramatic scenes or explosions.

Since the updates and replaying the entire single player, chucking some hours into multiplayer and replaying various missions for trophies etc I think this is worthy of a 6.5/10. Maybe nearing a 7 but the lack of length to the single player really lets it down.

At the end of the day it's a portable CoD which alot will like and alot will hate. Some will be disappointed with the length of the single player, others won't even touch it anyway because for them it's all about multiplayer.

Me personally, I've enjoyed it but only paid £11 for it. If someone asked me my thoughts on it paying £35-40 I'd be pissed to say the least.

1 last think to add, the first patch added support for Ad-Hoc multiplayer. So if you're with afew mates who have a Vita and CoD you can connect to each other without the need for a Internet connection. I've had good fun with this and some guys from work.

Sorry for the long post, the game gets alot of hate and deservedly so at its initial release but since then there has been some patches that have corrected alot of the issues (except the short single player) so felt it deserved a indepth write up for those on the fence about it. Or those who hated it at release and never revisited.

Cheers
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 08-27-2013 at 22:26.

27. Likes Gers likes this post

Thread Information