Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

Quitting game / Shutdown

Sup Pimps and Pimpette's,

I humbly come to you with an inquiry before I have to literally $#@! somebody up. With that said, I'm updated on my PS3 to firmware 4.25 like every other person who goes online. However, the last 2 or 3 weeks randomly I'll quit a game or if my PS3 is on the XMB menu (Home state) I'll just power off my slim no problem. Then I'll go back to turn it on and it'll say "PS3 wasn't shutdown properly"

Of course I'm going "lolwut" since I'll quit a game before I power off. Or as I said if I'm already on the main menu screen I'll power it off there since by that time its been on for a while and I'm not doing anything with it. My question is though, why is this happening? Why is it saying it wasn't shutdown properly? I just played Madden (Pathetic game BTW) and I hit quit game. It proceeded to lock on me, restart my system and declare I didn't shut it down properly.

It also does a system check to see if any HDD files or system files were corrupted. And like I said I randomly get it every now and again. And I just have a strange feeling that one day its gonna $#@! my system up and that's when I will proceed to put Boots 2 Asses. I've invested too much money for this type $#@! to happen. I have 2 PS3's and had plenty of games to boot. I need this nonsense to cut it out immediately before I spaz out on a Sony Customer Service Rep who did no wrong.

But yeah, any ideas? Good lookin' out on the read and help. Be Easy

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    It a good chance that things are going wrong because of the 4.25 update has been $#@!ing lots of ps3 up, i have the same problems as you but i had them for like 10 months but for you if it only just started then it could be the 4.25 update.

My ps3 doing my head in it takes longer to start up & loading up games and the reason i think it is because i downloaded pictures from google to my ps3 and think my ps3 got virus on it from the picture

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    The more important question would be: Who do you need to literally $#@! up?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    The more important question would be: Who do you need to literally $#@! up?
    The Sony powers that be, sir! And thanks for the replies, fellas. It froze on me while I was playing BF3. I went to the BF3 store to download Armored Kill and soon as I decided to "download in background" it said please wait as usual and then bam... froze. $#@!s gettin' real and I'm getting pissed.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Apprentice
    I have Madden 13 also and get the same shutdown problems. To prevent that from happening, I have to log off my PS3 from the internet at the end of playing the game. I know it is a bad workaround, but it has worked for me. Madden 13 is also coming out with a new patch (around Oct 16th) that supposedly might solve this (fix some software issues). We will see if that happens. Hope this helps.
    I came, I saw, I play

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I get that whenever my PS3 browser freezes and I have to do a hard reboot.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    The only problem with the ps3 its performance is awesome but its reliability is $#@!, sony need to make sure the ps4 dont do the same as the ps3 or they going to lose money.

And they need to sort the internet browser out it $#@!ing $#@! christ its about as much fun as been stuck in a house fire and its browser security WTF is trend micro for ps3 i never heard of it before how do i no if its any good sort it out sony god i pay £280 for my slimline i expect the best reliability and security

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    The only problem with the ps3 its performance is awesome but its reliability is $#@!, sony need to make sure the ps4 dont do the same as the ps3 or they going to lose money.

And they need to sort the internet browser out it $#@!ing $#@! christ its about as much fun as been stuck in a house fire and its browser security WTF is trend micro for ps3 i never heard of it before how do i no if its any good sort it out sony god i pay £280 for my slimline i expect the best reliability and security

God knows y it put my comment twice
    Last edited by SHAZZMAZZ; 10-13-2012 at 00:24.

amylynn
    I have Madden 13 also and get the same shutdown problems.

Hey Guys, for some reason I am unable to post. Does anyone have an answer or where I can find it on the logitech rumblepad 2 and working with the ps3? It works up to the point where it wants me to press the start button? The controller doesnt have a start button?

thanks

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by grall1126 View Post
    Hey Guys, for some reason I am unable to post. Does anyone have an answer or where I can find it on the logitech rumblepad 2 and working with the ps3? It works up to the point where it wants me to press the start button? The controller doesnt have a start button?

thanks
    You cant create threads without a high enough post count (5). Have you tried using any of the other buttons? Are you looking for a START button or actually looking for a PS Button. Usually you can press button 2 to start a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwenny View Post
    I have Madden 13 also and get the same shutdown problems. To prevent that from happening, I have to log off my PS3 from the internet at the end of playing the game. I know it is a bad workaround, but it has worked for me. Madden 13 is also coming out with a new patch (around Oct 16th) that supposedly might solve this (fix some software issues). We will see if that happens. Hope this helps.
    Sometimes a bad workaround is the only workaround. . .

Thread Information