Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm honestly sitting on the fence here but when I think about it, maybe the guys on the opposite side may agree with you had the game gone retail, we're still 3 weeks out.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Elite Guru
    Not sure if already known...

3. Likes Kwes wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Not sure if already known...

Impossibru!

Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Just sayin'...

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...rosoft-Servers

There are definitely spoilers, videos, and discussion in there... some done by the staff. The discussion wasn't "banned" then. I don't see PSU shut down after a almost a month gap leak, and discussion and videos being posted here... hmmmmm

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Whether you want it spoiled or not dictates whether you read the info or not. Personal issues about content shouldn't be pushed upon the entire community.
    And here we see the crux of the matter.

FEAR is right, there is no compelling reason to not let people discuss the leaked info of Halo 4. Especially given that, in the past, this kind of talk was allowed.

It's an annoying inconsistency.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

7. Likes sainraja , F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    All I can say is lol, why is an xbox game getting special treatment? And people think this forum isn't getting worse?
    Because it's THE game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Agree with F34R on this. It wouldn't be fair for the site to do this for any game - unless PSU developed and published a big title themselves - I don't really see them having that right to do this.

When MGS4 was about to come out; people were worried about spoilers My answer, as a massive MGS fan - was to simply go to self-imposed internet blackout.

The same thing you would do if you wanted to watch a tape-delay sports game. Shut yourself out.

Soldier 95B
    Having discussions about a game do NOT show support for piracy. So that in itself doesn't go a long way. The risk of losing ads, another fallacy. I don't see main sites that had a ton of Reach discussions, videos, etc., gone. We had discussions here about it. That was a huge leak as well. Hell, most of the discussion was NEGATIVE about Reach on these boards, yet... it was allowed. Hmm... if Microsoft browsed a PS3 forum (lol), and saw a leaked game being trashed by members, wouldn't that fit in your description of a negative thing? Yeah.
    I guess we will just agree to disagree. With that said, I do as the forum owners and mods ask, and respect their wishes.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I guess we will just agree to disagree. With that said, I do as the forum owners and mods ask, and respect their wishes.
    As do I. However, there's nothing wrong with having a discussion about something that seems arbitrarily a personal stance, and doesn't necessarily relate to the community, or the PSU name, at all.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I can see where Cuguy is coming from. But if I want to read up on some leaked Halo 4 stuff, I certainly would not be going to a Playstation forum to find it lol.

13. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I can see where Cuguy is coming from. But if I want to read up on some leaked Halo 4 stuff, I certainly would not be going to a Playstation forum to find it lol.
    I can't see where CUGUY is coming from. Where's he coming from Lethal? Some people use this site as a gaming forum, not a playstation forum. Ya know, we have sections for other platforms.

15. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    If legal repercussions are a possibility which would 100% be up to microsoft lawyers. Then it would be legally wise to prevent any members from posting any leaked videos, images, or info that was stolen to begin with.

PSU.com can be held responsible and liable if any "stolen" info was released or shown on this forum.

So just completely keeping it off the site would keep PSU safe if microsoft decides to pursue legal action they can't so anything to PSU.com

Now since the request has been posted and if a member does decide to post any stolen info or media about halo 4 that member can be liable and face legal repercussions.

Of course this is all contingent on MS lawyers going ape shit and trying to pursue legal action against everyone and every media outlet. As unlikely that would be the case the fact is it is a legitimate thread that can simply be avoided by not speaking about it. Bottom line respect the wishes of the staff and mods and just don't do it for you own personal good and the good of PSU just incase this becomes a serious legal issue.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I can't see where CUGUY is coming from. Where's he coming from Lethal? Some people use this site as a gaming forum, not a playstation forum. Ya know, we have sections for other platforms.
    Well I don't go to XDAforums to find out about the latest iPad/iPhone (even though there are link s to sister sites).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    He pretty says where he is coming in the first post. He basically says he does not want spoilers on the forum. He does not want PSU to participate in the sharing of illegally obtained footage and information on such a big title.

I personally could care less if we have a Halo 4 leak party thread or not. Although I am sure some leaked footage and info could bring in new members looking to view this stuff. Nobody is forced to look at the thread.

But I honestly do not care which direction it goes.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Well I don't go to XDAforums to find out about the latest iPad/iPhone (even though there are link s to sister sites).
    That doesn't have anything to do with this subject at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    He pretty says where he is coming in the first post. He basically says he does not want spoilers on the forum. He does not want PSU to participate in the sharing of illegally obtained footage and information on such a big title.

I personally could care less if we have a Halo 4 leak party thread or not. Although I am sure some leaked footage and info could bring in new members looking to view this stuff. Nobody is forced to look at the thread.

But I honestly do not care which direction it goes.
    So basically, it doesn't have anything to do with this community, or this site. It also doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a leak party, or if anyone wanted to post info on the game based on the leak, etc. It's the principle of the matter. A personal opinion pushed to the community that dictates what can and can't be discussed when that info doesn't have any negative affects on the site or the people that use this site for discussion. Seems to be a trend.
    Last edited by F34R; 10-16-2012 at 02:01.

20. Likes sainraja , Vulgotha wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    That doesn't have anything to do with this subject at all.
    That was in response to why people would go to a Playstation site for a MS-exclusive game.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That was in response to why people would go to a Playstation site for a MS-exclusive game.
    Yeah, the off chance of that is.. well, slim lol. However, let's get past the actual platform the game is on and concentrate on the meaning of this "request".

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Yeah, the off chance of that is.. well, slim lol. However, let's get past the actual platform the game is on and concentrate on the meaning of this "request".
    Fair enough.

24. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information