Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

Police Slam Wrong Man Into a Wall

Police have released surveillance video showing a sheriff's deputy slamming a man head first into a wall, leaving him in a coma. The 29-year-old had been pursued by deputies after a witness wrongly identified him as a suspect in an assault. (May 22)
    http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comme...y_of_violence/

Video is from 2009, he's still in a coma today according to reddit. Seriously WTF? Isn't there a better way to arrest someone than to slam them into a $#@!ing wall?

BTW How the $#@! is this cop still employed?

Edit:
    $10M settlement for man shoved into wall by King Co. deputy; jurors react to video

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...lement26m.html

While the family did get rightfully got paid the cops shouldn't be employed. Furthermore, he should be in jail.
    Last edited by bash; 10-14-2012 at 04:06.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

2. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good for the Family hope that cop is fired! Hate cops like that

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Good for the Family hope that cop is fired! Hate cops like that
    Cop didn't get fired or charged. He didn't even admit he's at fault.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    Cop didn't get fired or charged. He didn't even admit he's at fault.
    Of course.....smh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    He was going by what witness said according to video. Looks like the kid was running away and cop charged at him to stop him, which again according to witness was the guy who did the crime. So at the time people said "that's the guy" and cop acted. When the witness wrongfully identify him, which we only know after the fact, no matter what the cop did he was screwed. The main fault is with people who wrongfully identify him. The cop charged him in what he felt was non violent to stop him, and kid turned out to be a rag doll. Really this entire thing is just one f up after another.

and...according to reddit? Come on man I know you can get a more reliable source than that lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Inb4 the inb4s

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I would love for a cop to slam me into a wall =)

Watch how fast i take his job and get a huge settlement LMAO

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

9. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    He was going by what witness said according to video. Looks like the kid was running away and cop charged at him to stop him, which again according to witness was the guy who did the crime. So at the time people said "that's the guy" and cop acted. When the witness wrongfully identify him, which we only know after the fact, no matter what the cop did he was screwed. The main fault is with people who wrongfully identify him. The cop charged him in what he felt was non violent to stop him, and kid turned out to be a rag doll. Really this entire thing is just one f up after another.

and...according to reddit? Come on man I know you can get a more reliable source than that lol.
    Harris, 32, of Olympia, was left brain-damaged, paralyzed and unable to speak after he was tackled and pushed into a wall by Deputy Matthew Paul in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood in May 2009. Harris had been wrongly identified as a suspect in an earlier bar fight.
    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...harris15m.html

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think it was just a series of unfortunate events. Yuuichi is right, the dude had some serious rag doll physics going on lol.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I would love for a cop to slam me into a wall =)

Watch how fast i take his job and get a huge settlement LMAO
    The settlement yeah because it is cheaper to settle than fight, unless your sony then you fight lol. But I mean if a cop says stop and you don't your fair game(aside from shooting you I think), and this cop charged him to stop him and from there there just so many factors that make it f uped.

See reddit was wrong haha. Anyways yeah this is just a series of unfortunate events. I def feel sorry for the person.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 10-14-2012 at 04:22.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    The settlement yeah because it is cheaper to settle than fight, unless your sony then you fight lol. But I mean if a cop says stop and you don't your fair game(aside from shooting you I think), and this cop charged him to stop him and from there there just so many factors that make it f uped.
    I used to work for County in Orlando as a public defender Ive scene 2 cases like this play out both were settled out of court i wasnt working the case so i dont know for how much....I respect cops but you have a few that just think they ARE the law. Cant stand those cops at all...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Except for the fact he wasn't running from the cop. He was pretty much walking then he noticed the cop running at him and turned around and tried to absorb as much of the hit as possible but got flung into the bloody wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I think it was just a series of unfortunate events. Yuuichi is right, the dude had some serious rag doll physics going on lol.
    Not really rag doll physics, just pause the video at where he gets hit. It was pretty high which flung him back because he lost balance.

Edit: What makes me really sick is the fact that he tried arresting him even after seeing he wasn't moving. The worst thing you can do to someone with a neck injury is to move them before the medics can get there.
    Last edited by bash; 10-14-2012 at 04:25.

Miqo'te Bard
    I used to work for County in Orlando as a public defender Ive scene 2 cases like this play out both were settled out of court i wasnt working the case so i dont know for how much....I respect cops but you have a few that just think they ARE the law. Cant stand those cops at all...
    Yes I def hate those types of cops as well.

Except for the fact he wasn't running from the cop. He was pretty much walking then he noticed the cop running at him and turned around and tried to absorb as much of the hit as possible but got flung into the bloody wall.
    I got to disagree with you on that. It def looks like he was running to me and stopped when he noticed the cop. Why he stopped and what he was running from is anyone guess.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 10-14-2012 at 04:27.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

See reddit was wrong haha. Anyways yeah this is just a series of unfortunate events. I def feel sorry for the person.
    Reddit is often wrong.

Veteran
    They weren't 100% wrong. That being said, being brain dead and paralyzed is a hell of a lot worse then a coma.

Miqo'te Bard
    They weren't 100% wrong. That being said, being brain dead and paralyzed is a hell of a lot worse then a coma.
    I def agree with you on that.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    You know this quite reminds me of the Taser debate. While I do agree that tasing seems harsh, in this situation the guy at least wouldn't be in a coma.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    That's a damn shame.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    If that was in America, lol no wonder.

Im very sorry for the guy who got slammed into the wall.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm sorry but I laughed at the comical fashion he bounced into the wall....just telling the truth.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Looking at the video, it actually looks like the guy slows down just before the cop slams him but seems like he was running prior. When will people learn to stop and do what the cop says, especially if you are innocent.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Damn homie got bulldozed..o.o

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Looking at the video, it actually looks like the guy slows down just before the cop slams him but seems like he was running prior. When will people learn to stop and do what the cop says, especially if you are innocent.
    A guy dressed in black and not a traditional obvious cop uniform starts chasing you what would you do.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    A guy dressed in black and not a traditional obvious cop uniform starts chasing you what would you do.
    Exactly....this is probably why he won a settlement

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    He needs the cash for his care, he now needs round the clock care which isnt cheap and this 10 million is probably meant to last the rest of his life.

Thread Information