Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The PS3 certainly has more first person shooters. It had some stars, but not many.

And it certainly does a piss poor job of servicing racing fans.

So I don't really buy that argument.

Games like Lbp karting were done a long time ago on the 360. So I don't buy the more genres argument either, because its not true either.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-28-2012 at 19:00.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    ^ LOL

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Why does how many exclusives and how many consoles sold matter but how many exclusives sold not?

Because surely that would be the mark of how influential those exclusives are wouldn't it?
    Agreed. We keep hearing certain people here drone on about all these supposed "AAA ps3 exclusives" yet most of those exclusives dont seem to be resonating with most ps3 owners in the real world. Just look at what happened with Motorstorm and Resistance for example. Both major flops. And look at Sonys piss poor xmas 2012 exclusive lineup.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-28-2012 at 19:05.

Master Guru
    The PS3 certainly has more first person shooters. It had some stars, but not many.

And it certainly does a piss poor job of servicing racing fans.

So I don't really buy that argument.

Games like Lbp karting were done a long time ago on the 360. So I don't buy the more genres argument either, because its not true either.
    The PS3 has more of everything. That's the point. Most gamers aren't going to want to play low quality exclusives on the 360 from 2005 when the PS3 wasn't even out. So if the 360 has more exclusives it has a lot of shovel ware exclusives from the early years. The PS3's exclusives are the most critically acclaimed for any generation to date.

The PS3 has Gran Turismo 5. GT5 is the highest rated and best selling exclusive racer this generation. Racing fans go to the PS3 for that genre.

This holiday is the one year that Sony has taken it easy with their lineup as opposed to Microsoft taking off the last 4 years. Microsoft hasn't had a good exclusive lineup for any given year since about 2008. It just hasn't matched up to what Sony has delivered year in and year out. Microsoft has Halo 4 coming, that's about it. Another romp and stomp shoot up some aliens. I'm not a huge fan. If you are and blowing up aliens for the 12th time gets you excited then more power to you.

I'm much more looking forward to games like The Last of Us and Beyond that push the envelope and still continue to squeeze power out of the PS3. It's kind of sad that it takes third party developers to push the 360 with games like Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3. Where are the show case exclusives at? They've gone missing.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    GT5 is such a bare bones racer and is loaded with ps2 cars because PD was too lazy to make all the cars current gen. It was easier to let the name sell it rather than quality and content.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    A pity it's not priced competitively then. The PS3 sound like its simply the best machine ever.
    Amazing to think a console that is so clearly dominant...isn't.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    A pity it's not priced competitively then. The PS3 sound like its simply the best machine ever.
    Sarcasm noted. lol

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    GT5 is such a bare bones racer and is loaded with ps2 cars because PD was too lazy to make all the cars current gen. It was easier to let the name sell it rather than quality and content.
    I'll take a detailed and polished experience that took 5 years to develop like GT5 rather than the churned out yearly releases of Forza Motorsport we're getting. That franchise has become the Madden of racing. They don't even improve anything anymore.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I'll take a detailed and polished experience that took 5 years to develop like GT5 rather than the churned out yearly releases of Forza Motorsport we're getting. That franchise has become the Madden of racing. They don't even improve anything anymore.
    ROFL

Wow just wow.

For a yearly release Forza MOTORSPORTS isn't even out this year.

Well done on showing just how much you know about games.

This so far off topic, BTW.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-28-2012 at 19:23.

12. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Detailed and polished? lol Yeah I guess taking 5 years to port ps2 cars and tracks with almost no DLC support post launch was alot of work. At least each Forza was a big improvement and was supported aggressively after launch. How many car packs did GT5 get? 3 or 4 with only 3 or 4 cars each?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Come on rad. You have to admit Horizon is just Forza 4 with a new name.......

Lol......

Super Elite
    ROFL

Wow just wow.

For a yearly release Forza MOTORSPORTS isn't even out this year.

Well done on showing just how much you know about games.
    Compared to the last 3 Xmas's it has been out. PD is a world renounced developer of great racing games. Do you honestly think 5 years of development they would go wait a minute lets do a copy and paste job?

May I point out that you have only dwelled on this "price competitively" recently because of the new SKU, not before the new SKU was out. What is the time scale a couple of weeks?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Come on rad. You have to admit Horizon is just Forza 4 with a new name.......

Lol......
    Oh yeah I forgot. lol

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Compared to the last 3 Xmas's it has been out. PD is a world renounced developer of great racing games. Do you honestly think 5 years of development they would go wait a minute lets do a copy and paste job?

May I point out that you have only dwelled on this "price competitively" recently because of the new SKU, not before the new SKU was out. What is the time scale a couple of weeks?
    Forza has been a bi annual release, 2007, 2009, 2011

Each version has significantly improved on the previous version.
    For some one to label it cookie cutter or some how a madden type game then they are labelling killzone, resistance, Lbp etc etc also madden cookie cutters.

Like team ico, PD have struggled this gen. There is no shame in that, but you cannot defend the output of the company by suggesting somehow that the game shows 5 years of development because it doesn't.

The price isn't competitive. This is the first PS3 console that is supposed to be competitive. It a redesign, it's supposed to be taking to the competition.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-28-2012 at 21:21.

Superior Member
    The PS3 comes with rechargeable controllers as standard, value for money right there...enough said!!!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    The PS3 comes with rechargeable controllers as standard, value for money right there...enough said!!!

Cost me like $14 on special.

Superior Member
    I was being sarcastic!

I actually prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 one despite that minor shortfall!!

For me though in general the PS3 provides better value for money simply because I use it much more than I used my 360 which I sold a few months ago due to lack of use.

I know more people with PS3's so I brought most of the multiplats on that and kept the 360 for it's own exclusives, however there's nothing I find interesting coming now.
    Last edited by Bhindi_Bhajji; 10-28-2012 at 21:11.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Fair enough, you dont need to defend your purchase
    I've bought more games recently than I have in a long time, all of them are mutliplats except Horizons. So I can see why anybody would be happy with their current console they own.

22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    I have to say I would like to give Horizons a play. I enjoyed the Forza series.

Maybe I'll grab a 360 again at some point, or just borrow one. I have my gamer profile + saves all on a memory stick just in case!!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I actually didnt like Forza MS that much, but Horizons is a fantastic game, its a bit of rally, a bit of PGR, and a bit of Forza, all rolled up into an open world. Its bloody fantastic.

25. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    The PS3 has Gran Turismo 5. GT5 is the highest rated
    Highest rated compared to which game?

Forza Motorsport 4: 91 average at Metacritic
    Gran Turismo 5: 84 average at Metacritic

Master Guru
    Sony never needed to price the PS3 competitively because they were already offering the best value for money.

The PS3 is the all in one set top box. Best games, free online play, best media device, Blu-ray player. There is no other choice for the living room.

Forum Sage
    Sony never needed to price the PS3 competitively because they were already offering the best value for money.

The PS3 is the all in one set top box. Best games, free online play, best media device, Blu-ray player. There is no other choice for the living room.
    Dude, it's no longer 2006-2010.

Things are different now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Best games is definitley subjective.

Soldier 95B

what about a stripper pole ?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

31. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information