Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    ? Mynd was calling people who was using the "we have exlusives" logic pathetic i.e you, so I was only wondering if he was calling you that... I was only calling mynds argument pathetic so you totally misunderstood it...
    Im sure the 360 have more exclusives, I have just not noticed it. Do you have a link ? What is an exclusive anyway ? Only on one platform ? Only on one console + PC ?
    Well, that's debatable depending on what you use as a reference point.

halo or gears for instance, are exclusive on one console. while say uncharted, little big planet, resistance etc.. are not exclusive to one console.

Perhaps uncharted and resistance etc could be considered as exclusive to one brand like Sony while there are many more games exclusive to systems running Microsoft os's.

Either way, there are more exclusives running on MS product.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    I had a 360 and sold it because there were no games for it.
    Kudo's to Microsoft for selling 70 million consoles...that have no games. $#@! yeah!

3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Honestly, this thread seems like a "your console has less games cause we aren't counting all your exclusives, only Halo, Gears and Forza".

An exclusive is an exclusive, and at the end of the day they don't really matter. For either system.

So yes technically the 360 has more exclusives. Also, it generally has the better looking multi-plats too.

5. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Radgamer, did you "like" my post using the IE browser on the 360?

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Master Guru
    The 360 has more exclusives and it has more exclusives nobody has ever heard about or gives a $#@! about.

Games like Tenchu Z and Darkest of Days. And a lot of them are on PC as well so they're not really exclusive.

Since 2008 Sony has absolutely destroyed the competition both in volume and quality when it comes to exclusive games. Microsoft can have 2006-2007. That was 5 years ago. Most of us live in the present where Sony delivers the best year in and year out.

Like Rad says, what good is 200 channels if i only watch 6 of them? Well what good is basic cable if i only watch one channel? I might as well just not pay for cable at all. That's the 360 to me in a nutshell. It's bare bones. It's basic cable. Gears of War is the only game that i really have to have.

The PS3 is just more diverse with titles that push the consoles hardware. That's what a console is about to me. Exclusives are the bread and butter of the industry and Sony has the talented developers to pump them out. Microsoft is playing catch up and latching on to 3rd party support as their saving grace. The 360 is defined by Xbox Live. An operating system. This is the first generation where an operating system has taken center stage over the actual games.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Hilarious dude. Fact > Opinion

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The 360 has more exclusives and it has more exclusives nobody has ever heard about or gives a $#@! about.
    ROFL
    I've seen lsiting after lisitng with games like Na-no-na-no shuzzbot IV from Japan as a PS3 excluisive.
    Games like Tenchu Z and Darkest of Days. And a lot of them are on PC as well so they're not really exclusive.

Since 2008 Sony has absolutely destroyed the competition both in volume and quality when it comes to exclusive games. Microsoft can have 2006-2007. That was 5 years ago. Most of us live in the present where Sony delivers the best year in and year out.
    Except this year.
    Lets face it, Sony gave you nothign at the beginning of this generaiton, and in terms of RETAIL EXCLUSIVES, finally draw even with MS at the end of 2010 (FACT).
    Since then thay have had in total about 6 more exlcuives in total. Im excluding Kinect titles and Move only games.
    Like Rad says, what good is 200 channels if i only watch 6 of them? Well what good is basic cable if i only watch one channel? I might as well just not pay for cable at all. That's the 360 to me in a nutshell. It's bare bones. It's basic cable. Gears of War is the only game that i really have to have.

The PS3 is just more diverse with titles that push the consoles hardware. That's what a console is about to me. Exclusives are the bread and butter of the industry and Sony has the talented developers to pump them out. Microsoft is playing catch up and latching on to 3rd party support as their saving grace. The 360 is defined by Xbox Live. An operating system. This is the first generation where an operating system has taken center stage over the actual games.
    Both system have titles in all generes, Im not sure what you would point to as "diverse", because I dont see it.

Infamous 1 & 2 - Crackdown 1 & 2
    Killzone 2 & 3, Resistance 1, 2, & 3, MAG, Socom -Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Halo 4
    WKC 1 & 2 -Fable 2 & 3 (best I could come up with as Sony dont have a western RPG)
    GT5 & 5P - Forza 2, 3, 4
    LBP 1 & 2 - Viva Piniata 1 & 2 (mismatch but both titles are unique)
    LBP karting & Mod nation - Viva Piniata PA (again a mismatch but VP PA does have karting in it)
    Uncharted - Gears
    Heavy Rain -Alan Wake (mismatch I know but again unique titles)

And it goes on and on.
    Where MS does excell at it those small downloadable XBLA titles.

Minecraft, fez etc etc.

The PS3 is just more diverse with titles that push the consoles hardware.
    A couple of devs manage to push the PS3, not every developer.

Gears of War is the only game that i really have to have.
    One could say all they wanted to play on the PS3 is Uncharted.
    That would be putting the blinkers on and not opening yourself to other titles though.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-29-2012 at 21:22.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hook, line and sinker lol. Seriously, who even gives a toss anymore? Eventually the same old regurgitated and futile arguments become such a $#@!ing waste of time...as if proving somehow that your system of choice has more exclusives changes anything other than the imaginary e-peen or feelings of justification. Everyone needs to just STFU about this stuff and play games and have fun in the understanding that everyone else is doing this, regardless if it's on the PS3, 360, PC, Vita, 3DS or Commodore 64 etc etc, and all of this subjective bull$#@! just gets in the way of that and creates pointless and retarded divisions in our community.

12. Likes TDbank24, mynd , mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Hook, line and sinker lol. Seriously, who even gives a toss anymore? Eventually the same old regurgitated and futile arguments become such a $#@!ing waste of time...as if proving somehow that your system of choice has more exclusives changes anything other than the imaginary e-peen or feelings of justification. Everyone needs to just STFU about this stuff and play games and have fun in the understanding that everyone else is doing this, regardless if it's on the PS3, 360, PC, Vita, 3DS or Commodore 64 etc etc, and all of this subjective bull$#@! just gets in the way of that and creates pointless and retarded divisions in our community.
    Well said.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Well said.

Ya know though, come next gen, it will be the same old arguments all over again.

Reailty is , when your tlaking baout 70 million odd consoles each, no ones single thoughts or opinons on the system they like is going to make one iota of a difference.

140 million vs 1. Yup our opinions count for heaps
    Last edited by mynd; 10-29-2012 at 22:02.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Lets face it, Sony gave you nothign at the beginning of this generaiton
    I seem to remember a game called Uncharted: Drake's Fortune coming out in 2007. Still one of my favorite games to this day and still a game i'd go back and enjoy as a great single player experience more than any other exclusive that Microsoft is putting out right now. I'm getting Halo 4, but more so for the multiplayer. Nobody buys it for just the single player.

But yeah, we'll end the little pissing match now like Ghost suggested. This is going nowhere fast. Let's just agree to disagree. You think the 360 is the greatest console of all time. I think the PS3 is the greatest console of all time.

Long live play.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Well said.

Ya know though, come next gen, it will be the same old arguments all over again.

Reailty is , when your tlaking baout 70 million odd conosles each, no ones single thoughts or opinons on the system they like is going to make one iota of a difference.

140 million vs 1. Yup our opinions count for heaps
    It doesn't need to be like this next gen, ESPECIALLY within the core PSU forum contingent.

In the past I did my fair share of debating this stuff, but I'm soooooo tired of it now. We have ca. 50 members who post here regularly and about 500 lurkers at any given time...Probably because of this pointless competitive bickering. It's always the same and both sides choose the most convenient angle or spin on things and in the end everyone just goes round in circles and accomplishes nothing other than denying them selves time gaming lol.

In an ideal world those of us who frequent this place regularly would be role models and examples for those who will join next gen...and perhaps this shift in behavior would entice some of those lurkers out of the shadows. I wish PSU could just get over this $#@! and grow up...I was part of the problem once upon a time, but now I'd rather be part of the solution.
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-29-2012 at 22:09.

17. Likes Nitey , mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I seem to remember a game called Uncharted: Drake's Fortune coming out in 2007. Still one of my favorite games to this day and still a game i'd go back and enjoy as a great single player experience more than any other exclusive that Microsoft is putting out right now. I'm getting Halo 4, but more so for the multiplayer. Nobody buys it for just the single player.

But yeah, we'll end the little pissing match now like Ghost suggested. This is going nowhere fast. Let's just agree to disagree. You think the 360 is the greatest console of all time. I think the PS3 is the greatest console of all time.

Long live play.
    The greatest console of all time was the GX4000!

Actually the greatest computer of all time was the Amstrad CPC in general.

To be honest, I 'm getting more fun out of cross platform titles like Dishonoured and Xcom these days (although Horizions is fun as hell).

I like what the latest batch of games has bought to us, smaller, but unique titles with lots of gameplay.

I was shocked to see the install size of a game like Dishonoured, and yet at half the size (and half the time to produce) Ive had more fun than some of the bigger titles out there.

Fark you Call of Duty, Medal of Honor & Battlefield, Im not interested in what little you bring to the table these days.

Im glad to see the gaming press is starting to wake up to the fact that these games havent changed in 5 years, and they were only ok to start with.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-29-2012 at 22:15.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    In the end value for money will be determined by us...the customer...as it always is. Simple.

Bucket Biff

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Actually the greatest computer of all time was the Commodore 64 in general.
    This. :P

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    This. :P
    LOL, it wasnt bad, just messed up a little in the colour department.
    If I could have had the Amstrads 8 bit color scheme on the C64 I would have been a happy happy man. Was always jelous of the hardware sprites, which the CPC didnt get till to late.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    If I could have had the Amstrads 8 bit color scheme on the C64 I would have been a happy happy man. Was always jelous of the hardware sprites, which the CPC didnt get till to late.
    Load"strippoker",8,1 ohhh yeah! It was just so charming and kind of mysterious for me personally. It was the first computer I ever had and I got a $#@! load of discs with it. It was always exciting to load up and experience these new games. Ghostbusters, Lazy Jones, Dan Dare, Arachnophobia...the C64 was the $#@!.

So much win!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I got the amstrad cpc 464 green screen mother$#@!...$#@! had a tapedeck built in. Came with a game called 'the wild bunch'. Addictive as $#@!...later got a train game where the train moved when you added up the sum correctly. $#@!in riveting...later purchased robocop and batman. Haha.

Bucket Biff

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Radgamer, did you "like" my post using the IE browser on the 360?
    Yep. IE on 360 lets me use all the forum features. Even the shout box. Its great.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Load"strippoker",8,1 ohhh yeah! It was just so charming and kind of mysterious for me personally. It was the first computer I ever had and I got a $#@! load of discs with it. It was always exciting to load up and experience these new games. Ghostbusters, Lazy Jones, Dan Dare, Arachnophobia...the C64 was the $#@!.

So much win!
    Yeah, was a golden time, all those games, possibly my favourite game ever....

Soldier 95B
    For the record, and just throwing this out there, I have the biggest $#@! here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum Elder
    Yeah, was a golden time, all those games, possibly my favourite game ever....

crikies, did the amstrad not have the underwater bit where you travelled to the next tower?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    crikies, did the amstrad not have the underwater bit where you travelled to the next tower?

Nah it didnt. Probably memory issues, dont forget Atari was a well endowed machine.

Soldier 95B
    I had an Atari 5200 (and the pong system before that). I can't believe my mom sold my Atari at a garage sale like 10 years ago for $10

Thread Information