Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

Marvel's 'Avengers' sequel and Warner Bros. 'Justice League' to go head-to-head

Summer 2015 looks like it may see the world's two most popular superhero teams go head-to-head. The LA Times is reporting that Warner Bros. is targeting their big screen ensemble, Justice League, for the same summer as Marvel's The Avengers 2.

There's still no director attached, but Justice League has a screenplay from Will Beall. Plot details are few, but the lineup of heroes is said to include (at least) Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

The same article notes that the studio wanted The Dark Knight Rises' Christopher Nolan to produce the team-up, but that he declined. Nolan is serving as producer on the upcoming Man of Steel, however. While there's no official confirmation as of yet, it is widely believed that the intent is to carry Henry Cavill's Superman character over to the Justice League feature.

Whether or not Justice League winds up having any ties to previous DC Comics adaptations, the intention of the studio is to spinoff characters into their own franchises post-2015.
    Source: Superhero Hype

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Eh I think avengers 2 will undoubtedly do better... they have had the far superior movies as a whole, yeah batman was good but the others pretty lame or lacking. imo, no competition lol

3. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Eh I think avengers 2 will undoubtedly do better... they have had the far superior movies as a whole, yeah batman was good but the others pretty lame or lacking. imo, no competition lol
    They know this, that's why they are trying so hard for a turnaround with the new movies. The Man of Steel looks promising

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    They know this, that's why they are trying so hard for a turnaround with the new movies. The Man of Steel looks promising
    Yeah I'm keen to give that a go

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    It's gonna make a lot of money because of Batman, but not enough because of Green Lantern. Avengers 2 will still be the winner here. I liked the JLA cartoon as a kid, and I love Green Lantern (except the crappy adaptation of it, Nathan Fillion would have rocked it), but realistically speaking, the Avengers will blow out...and thus, another fanboy war begins.

I'm with Marvel

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont know who will be the winner but it looks that Marvel has more experience as they already made Avengers and a sequel is easier to make than a whole new movie. Warner bros will have hard times making their movie as good as possible to be able to compete with marvel.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Geeeeez, soon as I read "Summer 2015", I completely lost interest lol

Apprentice
    I love Superman, the Flash can be cool and well Batman is dope if they flow from Nolan's trilogy.

The sad thing is, making a Justice League is way harder than an Avengers for the shear fact that how do you go about making it so Superman just doesn't do everything? Realistically speaking he is a one man army. he could do what the Avengers did on his own. So you know it will be some Kryptonite bull$#@! or him losing his powers via Phantom Zone again...Only so many ways to knock him down to make him equal...

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Introducing the characters in "Justice League" and then eventually giving them spin offs is the wrong way to go, I think.

The individual movies should be used for introduction and character-building. They won't have enough screen time to really go through that process in the team movie.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    you think it looks promising???
    last I heard they are doing a reboot, like we need to see Superman origins AGAIN since nobody know his story... sure, let's fight Luthor again. There are some epic moments in Superman and they keep doing reboots. They should do the death of Superman, and they should make it more like the latest batman movies.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    you think it looks promising???
    last I heard they are doing a reboot, like we need to see Superman origins AGAIN since nobody know his story... sure, let's fight Luthor again. There are some epic moments in Superman and they keep doing reboots. They should do the death of Superman, and they should make it more like the latest batman movies.

Umm, maybe you should read the IMDB for Man of Steel before talking.

Synopsis (and cast list) Don't even mention Lex Luther. It mentions General Zod, which hints towards Black Zero (his ship) and Brainiac. Also, form the sounds of it he may have spent some time in the Phantom Zone before becoming Superman - ie him having a beard, which is unusual for Sups.

Not likely doing a full childhood, prolly just flashbacks.

They are obviously rebooting to get away from Superman Returns (and the Original 4 films) in order to lead up to the JL.

It def. has a lot more potential than the past films.

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

13. Likes x_terna, MartyRules likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    What Tyran just said. I really hope Brainiac is the villain for JLA.

15. Likes x_terna likes this post

Thread Information