Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

What would you like to see in GTA V?

With Game Informer set to release new info on GTA V in their December issue, it got me thinking, what would people like to see in the game? What keeps you coming back for more?

Personally, I want a more believable, realistic world to explore. Despite some of the criticisms of GTA IV, I've actually sunk a lot of hours into that game just walking the streets of Liberty City. Rockstar have some of the most talented developers in the industry and I can't wait to see how they've improved the RAGE engine.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-19-2012 at 19:03.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Some kind of meaningful online by would be nice

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    New design for the Infernus and good optimization on all platforms. Some cool and good controllable aircrafts.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    A lot of customization. Houses and cars(that are rare to see anyone driving due to its price) I can buy. A car garage similar to saints row's. I hate losing cars after fixing one up that I like. The Max Payne 3 shooting tech. Having more freedom to beat someone up or kill and not have the cops there the second it happens. $#@! "realism" or whatever term is used for an excuse. If you were in one city, cops chasing you for killing and blowing $#@! up, you would have a constant alert out for your ass. That's realism. So dial that down 2 or 3 notches and let the fun come back into play.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-19-2012 at 19:56.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

5. Likes PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Be more realistic like have to top up your car that the gas station, see animals like cats people walking there dogs and where are the younger people all i see is adults and i like to custom my character hair, body, tattoos, just to be able to custom every small bit of my character and have a lots of things to pick from to custom my car

So all i would like to see is more realistic and have custom
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I would like driving to be fun once again.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    A lot of customization. Houses and cars(that are rare to see anyone driving due to its price) I can buy. A car garage similar to saints row's. I hate losing cars after fixing one up that I like. The Max Payne 3 shooting tech. Having more freedom to beat someone up or kill and not have the cops there the second it happens. $#@! "realism" or whatever term is used for an excuse. If you were in one city, cops chasing you for killing and blowing $#@! up, you would have a constant alert out for your ass. That's realism. So dial that down 2 or 3 notches and let the fun come back into play.
    I can see them using the tech behind Max Payne 3 since its based around the RAGE engine and Euphoria. As for realism, I mean the various ways you can interact with the city and how NPCs respond to you.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Online or multiplayer on the same console. enhanced graphics, smoother gameplay...

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Animals like we see in RDR ( and for this, i want large forests, deserts and a good variety of environment, like we seen in GTA SA)

Similar driving physics to IV( or improved, less traction), i absolutely loved them and so did the majority, driving in an open world actually felt fun, challenging and felt like something that was actually worked on. I swear if the driving is similar to what we see in SD, SR, JC or any other open world game then i would be gutted. More so than anything else not being as good ( including the map)

A good amount of random events, exploring the world is fun, but it gets so much better with random events like we seen in RDR.

Gun play like Max payne 3 ( not the diving, stunts or the slow motion) just the regular aiming, gun play and player movement. Perfect for a 3rd person shooter.

Good amount of detail to the world

A good and large variety of vehicles ( from planes to bikes) and a good variety of missions

Side missions to be on the scale of Borderlands 2, in terms of variety, length and how they all feel very well done.

A good engaging story that offers a nice variety of everything ( I don't want it over action packed like SR3, cause it just resulted in an 3 hour enjoyment that was forgotten easily, i like the slower more normal missions)

Online free roam, TDM and all those other modes are ok, but nothing compared to this mode in both RDR and IV. So much fun to mess around in the world with other people. Making it better, like how in RDR if someone killed too many cops they would become wanted was a great idea

I would prefer the game to feel mature and real but also to keep the silliness of SA, a perfect mix. IV felt too realistic so to say.

Making the game feel like you are in control, so being able to customise a lot of items( guns to cars, houses)

More enhanced cop system

Ability to be stealth, from gun suppressors to knife animations, we deicide how to play basically. Like if we want to go and get a tank for a mission, we should be allowed regardless of how early we are in the game.

MONEY TO BE USEFUL, this is important too. I hope money has more use, making things for expensive, making less of it or even just having many many things to buy would be awesome. Earning money should be very rewarding. Like say we should be allowed to by an m16 right at the beginning if we have $30,000 ( which we could get from doing never ending jobs, like stealing and selling cars, drug runs etc...) take a lot of time, but should be possible. Buying cars too!

Honestly, if i think about it, just getting all the good ideas and features from RDR, IV, SA, VC, LA noire and max payne 3 would result in an amazing game. R* to me are the best when it comes to creating games so i have no doubt V will be a massive success, even if it does fall short of a few things.

SO many more things i could add, but these are the main points( that i can think of) in my wishlist :P
    Last edited by LfCpS3; 10-19-2012 at 23:19.

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    San andras

Apprentice
    they should really bring back gang wars... it's fun to come under constant barrage of attacks!

the cops should come after you if you run a red light.

refuel, driving gauges

brutal hand to hand combat brawling system combining slow motion animation and camera shake

camera shake when running, driving, shooting... lots of camera shake

did i mention camera shake?
    Last edited by lee___radio; 10-20-2012 at 00:57.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Put everything San Andreas had in this game, that's all I ask..and if they add more, then cool, but please, for the love of god, do everything San Andreas did, that made me go through 5 playthroughs and dozens upon dozens of hours free roaming.

14. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by NARCsnake View Post
    San andras
    Just NO!

Hopefully GTA V will be unique and not too similar to the previous GTA games.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 10-20-2012 at 08:18.

PSN ID
    Breezer_Ops
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Just NO!

Hopefully GTA V will be unique and not too similar to the previous GTA games.
    Of course, but if gameplay will be like a San Andreas GtaV will be very amazing and epic game

Wherever you are ~ S3 White

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by breezer View Post
    Of course, but if gameplay will be like a San Andreas GtaV will be very amazing and epic game

Wherever you are ~ S3 White
    If GTA V is going to be like SA it will be the most disappointing GTA ever made.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Technically, SA is currently the most impressive GTA ever made. GTA4 felt barebones in comparison

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Technically, SA is currently the most impressive GTA ever made. GTA4 felt barebones in comparison
    LOL really? Tell me than why colours are f..... up and i have 20 fps on lowest settings by playing the game on my Alienware X51 machine?

SA is probably the worst GTA game. It has horrible optimization, awful and bugged controls and the most boring story about some typical american black gangsta crap.

Those black dudes who wear baggy clothes in america arent gangstars, those like tommy vercetti, niko bellic and claud are real gangstars and murders.

Also the cities lacked a lot of details and just looked like some unfinished carton city concepts. That reason for that was the oversized map, which had nothing to explore. Just empty useless places.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 10-20-2012 at 14:13.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I agree with Nitey. SA is def the most mature GTA of the series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

21. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    LOL really? Tell me than why colours are f..... up and i have 20 fps on lowest settings by playing the game on my Alienware X51 machine?
    Okay? I dunno. I played it with high settings and decent FPS back in 06 or something with a Radeon 9700 .

SA is probably the worst GTA game. It has horrible optimization, awful and bugged controls and the most boring story about some typical american black gangsta crap.

Those black dudes who wear baggy clothes in america arent gangstars, those like tommy vercetti, niko bellic and claud are real gangstars and murders.

Also the cities lacked a lot of details and just looked like some unfinished carton city concepts. That reason for that was the oversized map, which had nothing to explore. Just empty useless places.
    So you didn't like the story.

Anyway, youre definitely in the minority - it was a brilliant game in every aspect, critically and commercially. It sold 20m+ on the PS2 alone for a reason.

In fact, Rockstar is probably wishing GTA V turns out to be something similar to what San Andreas was at that time. They'd love that, and so would we

23. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

What would you like to see in GTA V?

I'm assuming GTA V is going to be a lot like san andres? I'm hopeing with current gen tech it will be much better but GTA4 did feel bare bones hope the new ones provides more than the previous GTA

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    GTA SA had a lot of success but i just dont understand how people could like such an awful game. I must say that i played all of the GTA games and Vice City is probably the best one. I dont understand why people liked SA so much. Maybe its becuae i played it only on pc. I really hope that GTA V will be unique and not as SA was. If GTA V is going to be like SA i womt buy it. I must say that there were also a lot of people who didnt like SA.

Ultimate Veteran
    GTA SA had a lot of success but i just dont understand how people could like such an awful game. I must say that i played all of the GTA games and Vice City is probably the best one. I dont understand why people liked SA so much. Maybe its becuae i played it only on pc. I really hope that GTA V will be unique and not as SA was. If GTA V is going to be like SA i womt buy it. I must say that there were also a lot of people who didnt like SA.
    You also said you didn't like all of that gangster stuff before. That's fine. But it doesn't mean San Andreas is a bad game or the worst in the series. There are a lot of people who didn't like GTA III or Vice City either but they're still great games. Especially for the PS2. It comes down to personal preference.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-20-2012 at 16:24.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Well i agree that its a personal preference but it just cant be that SA was the best in the series. I hope that GTA V is going to be unique and will have more improvements and good features than the previous games.

Can somebody give me the source of info which says that there will be fuel in GTA V?

Ultimate Veteran
    Can somebody give me the source of info which says that there will be fuel in GTA V?
    I remember reading about that a while back. It was only a rumor.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    i just dont understand how people could like such an awful game
    I think a couple of people just told you why they loved it in this thread. You could do so many things. Nevermind that rapper gangster culture, it's all the activities you could do in that game that made it so great. There were dozens of them. And purchasing clothes, houses, increasing your driving and gun accuracy skills made it feel like an RPG game in a sense. I never got bored of it after I finished it. I still did all the police and trucking missions. I went to Las Venturas to gamble and to Mount Chilliad on its trails with my dirtbike and jump off the building. But the most fun I had was taking an airliner, going as far as the game would allow in the sky and jumping out and skydiving. Rockstar devs didn't have to include that, but they did. Oh yeah, and there was also multiplayer in San Andreas if you went to the right spots. You could literally have another person playing on the same screen, provided you called your friend. This was easily my favourite feature.

The most dissapointing GTA game to was GTA4. I love the New York look, it felt so authentic to it, with the crowd interaction and their lines, but after I finished the story, I didn't find myself playing anymore. I got bored of it quickly. I play it once in a while when I have absolutely nothing to do..and even then I get bored of it. I have to invent ways to make it fun, like seeing how high I can jump from a skyscraper to see if how I bounce like a rag doll off of buildings and die, survive a 6-star wanted level with armor, guns and full health cheat and pretend to be a kamikaze and blow myself up in crowds of people with grenades or rocket launchers..and even that gets boring after a while.

But it really and only comes down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE, like Blacksite said. I'm just telling you why it's a great game.

30. Likes Nitey likes this post

Thread Information